Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Institution for Men (CIM) - Chino
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Institution for Men (CIM) - Chino Topic and discussion specific to CIM- California Institution for Men, located in Chino, California.

Old 06-20-2008, 03:52 PM

Default He hasn't seen his counselor since he's been there!!!!

I am lost and frustrated. My husband has been at Chino since the middle of april. He was on reception the first week and then moved to Cedar Hall. He tried to see the counselor there and she told him she was going on vacation and wouldn't be back until June 2 so he'd have to talk to her after then. Well then he got moved to WDLN and tried to find out who his counselor was there. He was given the name but was told he was on vacation. So my husband put in a couple inmate requests to see his counselor. The counselor got back from vacation on June 9 and I talked to him on the phone and he seemed like a nice reasonable man. He kinda answered my questions and told me as soon as his gets my husbands request slip he'll call him in. Well he still hasn't done that and my husband saw him on Tuesday and he walked up to him and tried talking to him and telling him he's put in requests to see him. They guy really didn't care and told him to come see him at open something (no apt needed) on Thursday and talk to him. You see my husband wants to get his gate pass so we can apply for our family visits. He's been locked up since Oct 07. He told that to the counselor and he told my husband to wait for his annual to apply for the gate pass. That will be April 09. So my husband told him he just got to chino and hasn't seen a counselor at all. That's when he told him to come to the walk-in thursday. So Thursday (yesterday) comes and mind you he was assigned to go to vocational landscaping class since he's been there and the teacher wouldn't let him leave to go see the counselor. So by the time he got to his office he was already gone. Can any one give me suggestions for him and me. We are very frustrated with the counselors and not doing their job in my opionon. He needs a gate pass, and to be able to apply for family visits after that. Also he wants to get into the sap program and can't even get an application. What to do? Hopefully you all will have answers or advice that will help us out. PLEASE>
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2008, 05:35 PM
He's finally Home!!!!!!

Thanked 5,480 Times in 3,267 Posts

I'm sorry for your frustration. Chino kinda follows their own set of rules. All he can do is keep doing what he's doing. I know how hard it is to wait, my husband and I had to wait 5 1/2 years for f.v. I'll ask my husband if he has any suggestions on how your husband can see his councelor any quicker.

Last edited by light at end; 06-20-2008 at 05:36 PM..
Old 06-20-2008, 07:01 PM
carole54frogs

SORRY YOU ARE GETTING THE RUN AROUND....HANG IN THERE, IT'S GOTTA GET BETTER SOON, (that's what all these blessed little women tell me) WE ARE ALL HERE TO LISTEN, GIVE ADVISE, (not much advice from me), LET YOU VENT, CRY, WHATEVER YOU NEED TO DO !!

Old 06-20-2008, 11:48 PM
Banned

My husband has been there since November 07 and he still doesnt have a counselor, we thought he did at one point but he doesnt....they def follow there OWN rules...not the CDC rules.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:59 PM
He's finally Home!!!!!!

luv my king. I asked my husband for any suggestions for your husband and he said to just keep doing everything that he's been doing. Sorry I couldn't have a better answer for you. Good luck.

Old 06-21-2008, 06:56 PM
carole54frogs

Question

IS CEDAR HALL STILL IN RECEPTION? KEN WAS IN RCSD HIS WHOLE FOUR MONTHS THERE...THE ASST. WARDEN TOLD ME THEY ARE NEVER ASSIGNED A COUNSELOR IN RECEPTION ???

Old 06-23-2008, 01:34 PM

I am not sure if Cedar Hall is reception. i don't think so cause he was in another building when he first got there and that was reception for him. Than when he went to classification and got moved to Cedar Hall he was put in blues not orange. So I would say no. I am so frustrated that they just don't care and he didn't want to stay at donovan (which was close to home) and has been to chino twice before, so he was fine with going there this time too, but now he's getting down. I talked to him last night and he's becoming depressed. I think the reality of it all is finally setting in after 8 months locked up. He's 2 hours away and I went to visit on father's day and won't be able to go again for a few weeks. He has to slow down on calling home cause my bill was $200 this month. He hasn't been able to talk to his counselor and nothings getting done. He's not in the SAP program which he was hoping to be (well as of now he still wants to go but is leary right at this minute because there are some serious problems over there so he is kinda thankful for that so hopefully if he gets to go it will be after things calm down over there). I can here the depression in his voice and it worries me. He was going to church and na meetings reading his bible and this na book he has but he's stopped. He calls home and writes still but he is sad. I just wish these employees would do their jobs. So much for rehabilitation.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:55 PM
♥♥i kinda miss u alot♥♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my King View Post
I am not sure if Cedar Hall is reception. i don't think so cause he was in another building when he first got there and that was reception for him. Than when he went to classification and got moved to Cedar Hall he was put in blues not orange. So I would say no. I am so frustrated that they just don't care and he didn't want to stay at donovan (which was close to home) and has been to chino twice before, so he was fine with going there this time too, but now he's getting down. I talked to him last night and he's becoming depressed. I think the reality of it all is finally setting in after 8 months locked up. He's 2 hours away and I went to visit on father's day and won't be able to go again for a few weeks. He has to slow down on calling home cause my bill was $200 this month. He hasn't been able to talk to his counselor and nothings getting done. He's not in the SAP program which he was hoping to be (well as of now he still wants to go but is leary right at this minute because there are some serious problems over there so he is kinda thankful for that so hopefully if he gets to go it will be after things calm down over there). I can here the depression in his voice and it worries me. He was going to church and na meetings reading his bible and this na book he has but he's stopped. He calls home and writes still but he is sad. I just wish these employees would do their jobs. So much for rehabilitation.
Cedar Hall is on the minimum security facility yard. You usually go there for about 2 weeks while being classified and then they send you to blue clothes.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:53 PM

Default He finally saw his counselor

Well my husband finally saw his counselor regarding our fv and the counselor told him in order to get his gate pass even started that he has to take some tag ( I think that's what it is called) test first. He told him he already has his ged and showed him the paper and the counselor said he has to take this test first and go talk to the teachers to get it started. Ugh!!! One more delay in the road and nothings even been started. So he went over to the school part and there are no one there for the next 2 weeks. What next? I am so frustrated that I can't even think straight anymore.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:19 PM
He's finally Home!!!!!!

I'm happy that he finally got to see his councelor but I'm sorry for the news he got. There are so many guys on that yard that want to get f.v. that is their way of weeding it out a little so there arn't so many. Good luck with it. Just don't give up. It took my husband and I 5 1/2 years to finally get f.v. so don't give up. You'll get them sooner or later.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by light at end View Post
I'm happy that he finally got to see his councelor but I'm sorry for the news he got. There are so many guys on that yard that want to get f.v. that is their way of weeding it out a little so there arn't so many. Good luck with it. Just don't give up. It took my husband and I 5 1/2 years to finally get f.v. so don't give up. You'll get them sooner or later.
DAMNNNNNNN......that long lights????

Chino Aint NO JOKE!!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 01:10 AM

Thats crazy that it took you 5 1/2 years. They sure drag their feet on those dont they.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:26 AM
carole54frogs

Angry Idiots ....

YOU ARE RIGHT THERE TOGETHER...CHINO AIN'T NO JOKE !!

Old 07-01-2008, 04:42 PM

Wow 5 and 1/2 years is a long time. Do any of you know what this test is they want him to take? Some education test. What are they gunna tell him to do next?
Old 07-01-2008, 06:07 PM
He's finally Home!!!!!!

yea 5 1/2 years It actually wasn't Chino that drug there feet on it. When he was in Delano they said he didn't qualify for them and nobody would give him the time of day to talk to him about it. He got to Chino and at first they wouldn't give him the time of day for about the first 3 years he was there. He finally found someone who would listen to him and give him a chance to talk about getting f.v. Come to find out the co he talked to said he could of been getting f.v all along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinglt View Post
Thats crazy that it took you 5 1/2 years. They sure drag their feet on those dont they.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:08 PM
He's finally Home!!!!!!

I don't know what the test is. My husband didn't have to take it. On east yard you don't leave the prison to go on a f.v. so they don't need a outside gate pass to get f.v.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my King View Post
Wow 5 and 1/2 years is a long time. Do any of you know what this test is they want him to take? Some education test. What are they gunna tell him to do next?

Old 07-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Banned

Default Wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by light at end View Post
yea 5 1/2 years It actually wasn't Chino that drug there feet on it. When he was in Delano they said he didn't qualify for them and nobody would give him the time of day to talk to him about it. He got to Chino and at first they wouldn't give him the time of day for about the first 3 years he was there. He finally found someone who would listen to him and give him a chance to talk about getting f.v. Come to find out the co he talked to said he could of been getting f.v all along.
Yeah thats about how they do things...bless the CO's lil heart that helped ya'll out...without him/her you wouldnt have gotten to do them puzzles
Old 07-01-2008, 08:01 PM
He's finally Home!!!!!!

I know some/most of them are great. I've always enjoyed doing puzzles but now I have a new appreciation for them.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:40 AM

It just doesn't seem fair. I am so frustrated with this system the employees. I know it's not all of them, but they ones who don't give a crap seem to be the ones we're stuck dealing with. My daughter cheers for an all star team and I work at the SD Padre games to pay for her cheer with some of the other parents. Well one of the dads is a CO at the prison in my town and he is a great guy. He has been a CO for 15 years and says he loves his job. He knows there's ones out there who don't give a crap. If only there were more like him.