Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in California, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 03-16-2020, 05:03 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,979 Times in 1,051 Posts
Default L.A. County releases some inmates from jail to combat COVID-19

L.A. County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said his agency had reduced the number of inmates in its jails by more than 600 amid concerns over the coronavirus pandemic

L.A. County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said Monday his agency had reduced the number of inmates in its jails by more than 600 amid concerns over the coronavirus pandemic.

Although there are no confirmed cases of the virus in the jails, 21 inmates are quarantined at Men’s Central Jail, five are quarantined at Twin Towers Correctional Facility, and nine inmates are in isolation at the Correctional Treatment Center, Villanueva said at a news conference Monday.

“All of them are receiving the necessary level of care,” Villanueva said.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-a...OhY6Hs8YtUIe7c

Last edited by Imani; 03-16-2020 at 05:05 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Imani For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-16-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2020, 05:15 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,979 Times in 1,051 Posts
Default L.A. County releases some inmates from jail to combat COVD-19

L.A. County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said Monday his agency had reduced the number of inmates in its jails by more than 600 amid concerns over the coronavirus pandemic.

He said the Sheriff’s Department had reduced the jail population to 16,459 inmates since Feb. 28, including through the early release of inmates who had less than 30 days of jail time left to serve.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...id-coronavirus
Old 04-21-2020, 12:16 PM

Hi I am not asking for any money I just want your help in spreading the word please...why are they not doing anything for quarantines in county jail no medication no testing the only way the take them out is if they are not breathing anymore the father of my baby to be is in as dorm that is quarantined and they haven't tested anyone they just keep them quarantined in the doorm he called me yesterday and told me they just took one of the inmates away in a helicopter because he wasnt breathing other than that nothing he has been sick himself over three weeks now he told me he was sorry he might not make it out to meet our daughter he feels like he's gonna die in there ..I am 6 months pregnant I'm due on July 20 and I dont know what I would do if he never made it out I'm currently homeless living in tent because I was living with him before his arrest can you please help me spread the word about doing something for the inmates at risk of Corona infection please..