Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:15 PM
CALI Gal
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,077 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobabi View Post
To be honest I would not even use my addy to sign in on visits.
I always use another addy for the license I show at visits.
One timea CO did show up at my JOB ( I had changed my license addy to the job) looking for me from me signing in.
In CA the passes we fill out have the address part blacked out so we don't have to fill out that part anymore. I heard someone once say the passes were just thrown in the trash so that is why we aren't to put our addresses on them anymore in case anyone picks them up

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2009, 05:24 PM
hisbabysmomma

i could be a sex god and never even know it ,because i sent some pretty sexy stuff in the last six month's oh well my man know's who has and alway's well get the last dance.if he want's to show other guy what's waiting for him when he get's home it bugs me not!
Old 01-22-2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoledelking View Post
Yes, Thanks Mark. I do know though that as soon as my babe gets my letters he tears of my address & flushes it down the toilet. He's not going to risk someone getting my address & something happening to me.
I had no idea so many men in prison do this until coming to this site! I thought my guy was just paranoid, but now I see that the tearing up and flushing is quite common!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:22 AM

Thanked 1,700 Times in 850 Posts

It's not necessarily YOUR man's fault. Things can get pretty chaotic, especially in large dorm settings where you may have 40-50 guys hanging out. Some people just don't respect other people's privacy. There is intimidation and such. Frankly, it's usually not worth a full-fledged fight over the stuff.

There's a lot of stuff I learned during my own experience that I would have never guessed and loved ones can't be expected to know. Some of the realities are not pleasant.

I advise ladies NOT to send sexy photos or anything you consider remotely private, cause there just isn't any privacy.

As for visits, if you provide a photo ID, that is really all they should be able to require. Passports work great, because they don't have addresses, just names and photos. You can also get a regular state ID from the driver's license office and request it not have an address. You can also use some form of work ID, student ID, etc. There is really NO NEED for prison staff to have access to your home address. Anyone telling you otherwise is full of crock. If any of the above forms of ID are refused, I would take it up with the warden or assistant warden and explain your privacy concerns.

Parole is a different story. If your loved one submits a plan to parole to your residence, the parole department WILL NEED to verify that address.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark2008 For This Useful Post:
BABY1N2 (03-15-2009), LORNA (03-23-2009)
Old 03-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Still waiting for you
Donation Award 

Thank you so much for all the info Mark, I will definitely change some things around
Old 03-15-2009, 03:33 PM

Even though I am not involved with anyone in the system anymore I do appreciate this thread.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:01 PM

yup, he GAVE my number to one of his buddies so the guy could call his girlfriend, I didn't mind doing it just once. But now I have him continueing to call, and another guy..
I'm not to f***ing impressed.

Made a mistake on my ticker, its TOMORROW!

you'll never find one like me,
you know why?
No girl is s t u p i d enough to love you like
I do.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobabi View Post
To be honest I would not even use my addy to sign in on visits.
I always use another addy for the license I show at visits.
One timea CO did show up at my JOB ( I had changed my license addy to the job) looking for me from me signing in.
What did she want?

Old 03-15-2009, 10:14 PM
Marty's Wife

Thanked 9,535 Times in 3,740 Posts

none of it bothers me. who cares, so what. it's prison, we know that. the staff checks out my photos, then they go to him. I send him photos of other girls on the internet to pass around... mine he keeps. in 10 years only one guy wrote unsolicited but he was nice and was really looking for someone to correspond in Spanish. address, know mine, come on over -- I've got it covered. none of it bothers me. so what.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:13 PM
STB-Mrs. Palomares

Wonderful Advice! When my hubby was in everytime he switched prisons I would start getting mail from people I didn't know. I guess they thought they could write after he left the prison? It was weird. Now I always use a PO BOX and I know that whatever I send is not for his eyes only.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:27 PM

I know my man would never share my info with anyone else , he doesnt even hang my photos up in his locker , he hates the way the CO's look at me in the visitors room I dont fill out the adress portion in the visitors log but they see it when I show my liscense.