Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 06-01-2006, 05:27 PM
child of god

p.s.why did this get moved i am asking other ccc/gym ladies/mates ect?????

''let he who is without sin cast the first stone''

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2006, 05:44 PM

Bond servant i feel your damn pain my last letter was in may at the beginning and all i have been doing is writing now i sent a whafltr to him. its not llike he is busy as hell not like he is on the outside. all i know if i don't get something soon i am gonna stop writing like in protest..l
Old 06-01-2006, 07:01 PM
Love to Love Him

Hi Ladies,

I am pretty new to this site and this is my first post I have ever written. I guess you can say I am pretty private when it comes to certain things. I am coming out of my shell slowly because I see that everyone is pretty much going through the same stuff. So........

I can relate to what you are going through because since my man has been in Corcoran S.H.U. (2 months) mail has been really slow. The last letter I received was on May 6th and today is June 1st... I never thought that I would be anticipating his letters so much. I go to the mailbox and when I don't see his letter I feel like a little kid cause I get a big frown and my bottom lip comes up over my top lip... I know that sounds dumb but oh well....

His mail gets to me in just around 2-3 days but my mail takes about 2-3 weeks to reach him and so I'm pretty sure he thinks I haven't written.

I know how you feel but it will be okay.. I'm sure the letters will come through soon.. Take Care
Old 06-01-2006, 11:18 PM
Donation Award 

Ladies-Mail is SLOW in CCC these days. They are short on staff and they have to read so many letters each day. And keep in mind they do not recieve mail on Fridays (so i've heard), Saturday, and Sundays. And including Holidays. My letters have been getting kinda slow as well...always remember "Patience is a Virtue" Good luck ladies!
Old 06-01-2006, 11:22 PM
child of god

Default grrr

HEYBABY.jpggrrr....yup-sheer,,agony...my last letter was dated the 16th..and same thing i get his in 2-days...my guy was in corcoran before to and same thing!!! a few yrs back..then they were flowin like chocolate.............but this suks..especially w/no calls...ect..and im sorry yours has been a month--i almost want to ..well if i say what i want to do when the mailman comes empty handed i might get in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tonite in my prayers im going to ask god to relieve me from this anxiety...@least i know hes thinking of me..j

''let he who is without sin cast the first stone''

Old 06-02-2006, 11:49 AM

I want mail. Hopefully I will get something today or tomorrow. Do a mail dance for me.

Wendy aka Ruddsgrl1
Old 06-02-2006, 12:34 PM
California Dreaming

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 1,474 Times in 750 Posts

im right there with you ladies! ughhhhhhhh...i hate the holidays because the mailroom shuts down! course i cant complain too much since reading all this post and hearing how long you go without mail. I get at least 2 or 3 a week from my jamie but let a holiday hit and grrrrrrrr its a whole week or longer to get the flow going again.

Old 06-05-2006, 03:27 PM

I had a slow mail week last week ....... it is driving me crazy waiting to hear. I have never walked down to the mail box so many times........ and i keep wondering..... is it the post not delivering or is he too depressed to write. Well there was no post delivery here today, so i am keeping my fingers crossed that there will be something tomorrow. I am so hating this wait........... what are they doing in that mail room??
Old 06-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,169 Times in 884 Posts

UUUGGGHHHH Another day without mail.I wrote him a letter last week and it wasnt so nice(my hormones were rageing) I keep getting mail that he wrote to me before I sent the letter to him.I'm so anxious to see what his reaction is.I feel like going to sleep early just so I can wake up tommrow.This sucks big time!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 01:56 PM
My husband is home....

I am just frustrated because my husband has not recevied anything from me as of 6/2 and the 1st item was sent on 5/22! I hate this he said it is making his day move sslllloooowwww (written out exactly like that) and it would stress him out if he did not know he had a good woman! He will be really surprised once the mail starts to get to him!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:36 PM
K ♥ S

I totally understand what everyone is going thru. I haven't heard my husband's voice in over a month. I was getting one letter a week. Now I haven't received a letter since May 18th. Everyday I go to the mailbox hoping a letter from him is there and everyday a letter is not there I cry. On top of everything else, no one in my life seems to understand how hard it is for me to be going thru this. Ahhhhhh, it feels good to vent!
Old 06-06-2006, 10:20 PM
tony's girl

wow, i'm not all too hopeful now. i took my hubby to PA exactly one week ago and i haven't heard a thing from him. no call. no letter. nothing. i called today and the guy says, "he's still here." well, yeah, i got that. thanks. i told him i wanted to make sure he wasn't in medical or something. he told me that if he saw him he tell him to call me. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? i hope he entertained himself with me. i have written everyday and sent pictures and i have no clue if he's gotten a single one at this point.

oh, someone asked how to find their loved one and get their number. have you done an inmate locator on the BOP site?

and someone else said they couldn't get calls because they had a cell phone. there are a couple companies that do that and i'll have to look it up to remember who, because i used them when he was in county. now i have vonage, which goes through my internet and gives me 4 numbers, so one of them is local for PA so that he's not calling me long distance if he ever gets to call me! grr). i am having the calls forwarded to my cell when they come.

hugs and dances to everyone!
amy

Old 06-06-2006, 10:45 PM

My boyfriend is in cmc and now i kindof feel bad for writing him a nasty letter today since i havent gotten mail in about a week and a half ( I used to get at least 2-3 a week) but now i see everyone seems to be going through the same thing... lol well I guess it makes up for the times he gave me shit about not writing when i was writing to him all the time and he just wasnt getting them as quickly.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:06 PM

My son keeps stating he isn't getting his paper, pen, stamps. I call the mail room once they said it was posted the 2nd of June, then I got a letter the 5th of june and my son didn't have stamps etc so I called again and they said they were posted the 4th of June. he still hasn't received packages with paper etc and it's been a month tommorrow.
sickandsad
Old 06-10-2006, 12:55 PM

No letter from my son yesterday so it seems like I need a mail dance anyway. it is so sad to get 1/3 of a piece of paper with tiny writting because they are not giving him the mail packages I send. They are a federal funded post office at San Quenting how are they getting away with this?
Old 06-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Oh loveeee!

Why does the mailroom do that? I hate that! They take their time about giving our loved ones their mail and they take their time about getting the mail back out! Sometimes I dont hear from my man for months! You know, we wait days to get our letters back well at least I do! Sick and tired as well

"I know it seems hard sometimes, but remember one thing, through every dark night, there's a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it gets, keep your chest out, keep your head up and handle it."

- Tupac Shakur

LOVE YOURSELF, FIRST.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:24 AM
My husband is home....

I still don't know if my husband has received any letters from me. I have been writing for 3 weeks almost daily. I have not heard from him in almost 2 weeks. They are so freaking slow with getting the mail to the guys. Don't they (C.O./Prison Staff) realize that they need to hear from us to know that they have not been abandoned. This is making me crazy. I will do that mail dance & hope I get a letter today!
Old 06-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Banned

The Mail Room where my J is holds our incoming and outgoing mail for days on end.. J will go a week with nothing then get slammed with 20 letters on one day.. Me; I'm really sad because he sent something out to me everyday last week and I have yet to receive any of it... I don't know what their problem is but it's getting old.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:59 AM
5 yrs of infidelity&drugs
Donation Award 

something has been going on in Va, too. the mail was great- running 2 days each way (va to az or az to va) but we hit a slow period. probably all the fathers day cards. i am sure they have to inspect them all, and i am sure there are a ton. patience. i know my man writes, he knows i wrote... we'll get the letters. vent here, not at your man. he is feeling the same way, surely when they hold our mail from them. just keep writing. there's plenty of "time" to catch up... (at least there is for us... we have 2 1/2 years left before mandatory out).

doing a mail dance for everyone.

in the mean time... do an extra work out, pick up that cross stitch or knitting, watch a new tv program... post someone here who is going through something worse than getting mail late.

positive out= positive in.

my 2 cents ,

battgirl

Battman has been home about three years...
OFF PAROLE IN 4 DAYS 12/21/11!
Old 06-14-2006, 08:05 AM

Our mail runs pretty good here in PA, never really had to wait more that 2 days except when he decides to be LAZY!!
Old 06-14-2006, 09:28 AM
My husband is home....

I don't think my husband has rec. anything yet. The last letter he wrote was dated May 31. He had not rec. the supplies or anything else yet. This sucks. I can't hear from him until he get his paper & envelopes.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:47 PM

Default Pissed

I'm heated right now. It's going on 1 week now and I have not received a letter from hubby. He's currently in the reception center in Delano and should be being transfered any day now. I am unsure if they transferred him or what. He usually will write. I'm beginning to worry. I tried called the inmate locator and they said that there is a possibility that he could have been moved but they won't know anything for up to 10 days. That makes me furious. I sent mail today to Delano and now I am unsure if he will recive them. Not just that but I don't have collect calling on my phone. UUUURRRGGGHHHHHHH!
Old 06-14-2006, 07:54 PM

I need mail dance got spoiled last week with 2 now I am hoping for another SOON! Thanks guys.

Ruddsgrl1
Old 06-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Banned

I'm dancing for everyone!! NO mail again for me today... and I havent talked to him on the phone in 3 days~ I'm going crazy

I know ya'll need your mail too.. so i hope it comes for you tomorrow
Old 06-14-2006, 08:06 PM
Faithfully waiting
Donation Award 

Me too! My mailman thinks that I'm a stalker now!!!!! Oh well gotta get our kicks somehow!! HE HE