Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 06-15-2006, 10:52 AM

Personally, I don't have a problem with the mail...that is until recently. How is it that I can get mail postmarked from the day before (and I receive it today) and the other letter it takes two weeks? I've given up trying to figure out the system.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2006, 12:28 PM
My husband is home....

There is no way to figure out the mail system! It has now been 2 weeks and I still have not recevied anything from my husband. All, I know is it better be because he has not gotten the supplies yet!
And, if he is just being lazy, well then I might get a little lazy too, but for now I will give him the benefit of the doubt!
Old 06-15-2006, 12:34 PM

arrrg!! i need a mail dance!!! its been almost 3 weeks since ive got a letter from my man. he sent one last week and i STILL havent recieved it!! stupid mail ppl!
Old 06-15-2006, 04:19 PM
My husband is home....

Well I got a letter from my nephew which is great & it included my approval to visit him, but I want to hear from my honey! I will keep my fingers crossed and hope the mail I get today has something in it!
Old 06-15-2006, 05:23 PM

I HATE THE MAILMEN NO MAIL FOR ME AND HE CLAIMS HE WRITES EVERY OTHER DAY
Old 06-16-2006, 10:51 AM
"Hakuna Matata"

I'm gutted i am waiting for replies off ALL 4 of my PP's....... i have been waiting nearly a month............. i hope they are all ok!! xxx :O(
Old 06-16-2006, 12:56 PM
mike's_ruca

hello i'm new to all this so thought i would try this out..no i didn't get a letter cuz he just got transfered and i am wainting for him to get settled...
Old 06-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Waiting Again

I think I need a mail dance. I haven't gotten a letter from my cousin all week, and I've now started writing him everyday instead taking like a week to 10 days to complete a letter. I miss him and his letters.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Groovin' for Life
Donation Award 

My husbands letter recently have been so hurtful to read. We have a great marriage but we went through a rough patch and now the letters are all like that and our calls and visits are so wonderful, I don't get it. i could use a happy mail dance.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:00 PM
Banned

Aww GeneralsWife I know how you feel sometimes- even though its just letters from my siblings Im recieving I understand how down they can make you feel. I think maybe its just phases they go threw in there- their ups and downs carried on to us. I hope it gets better for you soon . sam
Old 06-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Groovin' for Life
Donation Award 

It did I got a letter last night that made me cry. i wrote him and told him that I was going to keep it in my purse until he comes home so that if I ever got lonely that I could read it and know how much he loves me.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Banned

Aw that's sweet! Glad you got a letter after all
Old 06-25-2006, 10:39 PM
Watin for the day....

Angry I haven't gotten a letter in a week....

I usually get a letter on wed. or thur. and on Sat. I haven't gotton a letter all week and the last one I got was Last Friday. I called the prison and they said ther is no reason that he can't write to me... So do I have a reason to be pernoid or am I just being pernoid.... I do know that I am scared that something has happened or well there are a million and one things running threw my mind about why I have not recived a letter.... I just don't know..... And we all know how much we look forward to that envlope in the box....
Old 06-26-2006, 03:57 AM

what unit is he at my baby is at hutchins and he use to write evryday at gurney now i get 2 a week from hutchins i think it is the mail room it is ok honey i do the same do you go see him if you do then ask him to write the day he mailed out the letter at the end
Old 06-26-2006, 08:08 AM
Watin for the day....

Unhappy Reply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSTYSPRINCESS
what unit is he at my baby is at hutchins and he use to write evryday at gurney now i get 2 a week from hutchins i think it is the mail room it is ok honey i do the same do you go see him if you do then ask him to write the day he mailed out the letter at the end

He is in Dallas. It is hard for me to get and see him and he has no where that he can call to.... So right now it is hard... I have gotton up to see him 3 times since feb. I hope that I am able to get up there again soon.. We always have nice visits...
Old 06-26-2006, 10:39 AM

maybe he is just haveing a down time doesn't feel like writing. My boyfriend had a weekend where he was feeling really low and just couldn't get the words on paper. I also kinda freaked like you since i was used to getting 3 or more letters a week and i didnt get any for a week. Maybe he just needs some time.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:54 PM
Watin for the day....

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtinigoddess
maybe he is just haveing a down time doesn't feel like writing. My boyfriend had a weekend where he was feeling really low and just couldn't get the words on paper. I also kinda freaked like you since i was used to getting 3 or more letters a week and i didnt get any for a week. Maybe he just needs some time.
Ty for coming back with something that actually makes sence to me... I wrote him a nasty letter telling him that i was gonna write any more... The next day I got a letter. Thank god I never sent it lol... The letter was dated 6/22 didn't get it till 6/27... But it was with his cellies envlope so now i know he hasen't written because he is out of envlopes...
Old 06-29-2006, 06:12 AM
Banned

Oh I had the same thing with my Florida pen pal a little while ago. I hadn't heard from her in a while and was worried sick, but it turned out she had run out of writing paper. As soon as I heard about that I sent her some paper. She immediately used it to write to her attorney.

I already enclose self-addressed stamped envelopes regularly but now I'm going to put in some sheets of paper regularly too, to make sure she won't run out of paper again. And to avoid lots of useless fretting on my part
Old 06-30-2006, 08:04 AM

it's been over 2.5 weeks for me.. (insert angry face)..... That is so unlike him.. so I only have room for crazy thoughts and I wonder(ed) if I'd be contacted if he got killed in a prison riot in Attica.....
Well I left a message on his mothers v-mail and left my work #... she told me he was alright and he asked her "she's worried", and she'll call me when he calls (I guess he thinks the block is still on the phone).... Now I have to kick his @... for real for real.. (i'm not a violent person)....
Old 06-30-2006, 09:04 AM

Please do a mail dance for me! I've only received one letter from my sweetheart this week. This is very odd. But, this is the BOP that I'm dealing with. Anyway, I need to hear from him deseparately. This is killing me inside.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:15 AM

Here's your mail dance ladies and gentlemen. Let's hope that our mail starts rolling in real soon!!

Old 07-02-2006, 08:06 PM
3 mnths and back again :(

Thumbs up

Here's a mail dance for everyone!! Including myself lol I haven't gotten anything since the beginning of June .. but I sent some more paper and envelopes a week or two ago .. so hopefully ...

Old 07-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Donation Award 

Default haven't heard from him in 3 wks

For some reason he is not getting my letters. He wrote me 3 wks ago very upset, but trying to be sound hopeful, he thinks I have left him. Then he closes his letter with something like 'let me go before I locc out on you'...
I really hope I hear something this week, I don't want him over there having these feelings. I write every other day. The mail room just doesn't give him his mail in a timely manner. send mail fairey my way plz
Old 07-04-2006, 02:58 AM
Banned

Here ya go girl!
Old 07-04-2006, 06:23 AM
Banned

Tommy has been finally transferred to a close camp and out of the horrible max prison he was in for what seemed like forever as of last Wendesday. Im very anxious to get his first letter from where he is telling me how much he loves it. I hope I get mail this week. Can I get a mail dance please?!?!

Bella