Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,761 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default OutsideConnectionInc.com Out of Business - Fraud Warning - Brian Prins on the Run

The only surprise here for me and a few others is that it lasted this long.. Always someone else's fault..

From the OC Website:
Quote:
An Open Letter to all Outside Connection Customers
Dear Customer:
It is with great sadness that Outside Connection's doors are closing. This would never have happened had my ex wife Jean not set me up and been a reasonable person. As all know I spent many years building a high quality service that you depended upon to stay in contact with friends and family members. Unfortunately, Jean Prins did not care about you, and cared less about me. As the facts are proven they will only show that she cares about two things, her own selfish greed, and what she can steal that I built. For this reason and other personal reasons related directly to a very ugly divorce. Outside Connection will be dissolved permanently April 12, 2007.
So that all are very clear on this. The divorce of Brian and Jean has caused this. It was not MCI or any other carrier that caused this issue. It is my opinion that Jean Prins set me up with help from some of her other divorcee girlfriends.
I attempted to sell the company to a man named Clyde Doug Marshall and his wife Linda. They came to New Jersey and met with me. They made a lot of promises and commitments that I believed would be in the best interest of my customers...to sell the company and allow them to buy it. When I arrived in Kentucky with Clyde Doug Marshall and Linda Marshall to set this up for them, the ENTIRE CON GAME started to unfold. Clyde Doug Marshall and Linda Marshall put money in an account one day that was a lot less then agreed upon, and immediately the next morning withdrew the money. They sat down with me and told me they had decided not to purchase the company. They then handed me a bill for $1,000s of dollars in moving expenses. Demanding immediate payment or they would keep the office equipment and files owned by Outside Connection until such payment was made. This con game further unfolded when Clyde Doug Marshall attempted to steal the proprietary network owned by Outside Connection that was not in his possession. I realized I was simply being conned while in a very deep depression over losing everything.
At this point I called on a years old friend who owns a mid-sized sized telecom company, that both handles home phone service and inmate calling. The only help that I sought was to ensure the Outside Connection customer base would have a new option they may not have otherwise known about. A company with even more customer service representatives, and the ability to lower the already low rates that Outside Connection offered because of it's sheer size.
I am not at this moment working in telecommunications at all.
It is truly hoped that you will get new service with another company to stay in contact with your loved ones. It gives me great sadness and personal grief to close Outside Connection.

Yours Truly,
With great sadness and a broken heart
Brian Prins

P.S.> The true facts are above...What you see above is the true story of what happened to Outside Connection. So if you read anything on the internet...or hear anything from that company that tried to con me...well not really a company...that was all a front to. Just cheap second rate con artists who don't own anything.
The rumor mill has a slightly different take on this situation. I was told earlier today that Brian Prins is now a fugitive. The charges from what I gather (unsubstantiated at this time) are assault and battery on his wife (or ex?), threatening her attorney and the judge in the case, and fraud. I'm guessing the fraud would have something to do with company "business", but that is only a guess at this point.

My personal opinion is that he wheeled & dealed until it all finally went bust. I feel sorry for the guy that invested a lot of money (Michael Sakaris (sp?)) over the years and had Brian tear it all apart. See, Brian's wife could potentially go after his income and personal interest in the company but this was a corporation, and I do not know how she could have torn it down as he states.. I'm sure time will tell.

I'm going to see if I can reach the people who wisely backed out of purchasing the company to see if they would like to come here and respond to Brian's allegations. The version I got of that transaction had Brian trying to scam them and offload OC as quick as he could.

As for PrisonTel, some are saying that Brian is directly involved, but thus far that is speculation.

[Update: 04/12/07]
This thread is starting to become quite a long one, with much information to wade through. I think it is important to note that now both the person Brian Prins was trying to sell Outside Connection to (Doug Marshall), as well as the primary investor that he ripped off (Michael S.)and then sold the business without his approval are now active in this thread.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

One of Brian Prins' company race cars, paid for illegitimately with company money:
Old 04-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

This is one of the emails sent to Outside Connection customers supposedly by "PrisonTel". Just my opinion but the writing style does seem quite similar to Brian Prins when it comes to the use of CAPS and "helps", etc.

Quote:
April 6, 2007
Former Outside Connection Customer:
Dear Sir or Madam:
Outside Connection is closing down. Brian had the good sense and caring to think about the customers FIRST. That is why you are getting this letter. Brian has given all the customer names to PrisonTel. He personally asked PrisonTel if they would -**{help these people that need it most.}}-
After having several meetings, PrisonTel is happy to announce its call center will be taking orders for those families and friends of inmates who need to stay in contact. Please be clear about one thing. Outside Connection phone numbers, account notes, and accounts in general will not be used at PrisonTel. You will not get a credit for something that happened or was due at Outside Connection.
The good news is, the rates are lower. ALL domestic calls are $.12 cents per minute. The connection fees are generally the same. That is because they are out of the control of PrisonTel. The monthly charges are also the same as, they are also out of the controls PrisonTel has.
If you would like to get service with a telecom company that has been in business for MANY years. That believes in the same principals of helping families that Outside Connection was built upon, please call us today.
Brian might be gone but his caring lives through his actions. His actions were to make sure a reliable company that would not be impacted by an ugly divorce had the pleasure to serve you.
As a footnote, we have been in the corrections telecom market for many years and know what you expect in the way of service. Our call center agents are bilingual and will happy to help you as best they can. You will be treated with the utmost respect as always!
We hope that you will give us this chance to help keep your collect call costs down even further then they were. We look forward to giving you outstanding service with NO BLOCKS. The set up cost for new service will only be $89.00 dollars with $35.00 dollars of that being applied to your account for calls. Yes, you read it correctly, that is a much lower price then you have ever seen or heard of in the years past.
Sincerely,
Warren Bass
Senior Vice President, Marketing
Old 04-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Banned

I am having nothing to do with PrisonTel. First they told me they had been in business many years, then when I asked how long, they said a few months. OC supposedly "closed" with all our money on their books and no effort made to pay it back. This is about as low as it gets, robbing families of prisoners, those who can least afford it. It is sickening, and I'm sure Brian is having a bad divorce, but there is no way a divorce could cause this mass ripoff to occur.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Interesting... PrisonTel's website is hidden using domainsbyproxy.com, which shields the owner of the domain name from public view and general inquiries. But, there are other ways to get that information if you know how to chase down IP's

Results:
Quote:
Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: PRISONTEL.COM
Created on: 12-Dec-06
Expires on: 13-Dec-08
Last Updated on:

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration PRISONTEL.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2599

Technical Contact:
Private, Registration PRISONTEL.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2599

Domain servers in listed order:
NS51.1AND1.COM
NS52.1AND1.COM

Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited
Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Even more interesting is when I do a trace route (find out where the website is being hosted, etc) on the PrisonTel domain name and that of OutsideConnectioninc.net, it looks like they are hosting on the very same server.

I can't find much information on "PrisonTel". Since the domain name registry information is private, I went to www.archive.org and did a history check there. They show no entries at all for that site, so I certainly don't think it has been around very long. Obviously, this is the first I have heard of it so I would personally be a little leery all things considered with Brian Prins.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Banned

Thanks for the info. is there any way we can get this more widely disseminated? Some friends of mine are going to give money to PrisonTel (bs company) and I have asked them not to, but they feel desperate i guess, which is what the ripoffs count on. This is one of the most unethical things I have ever seen. Brian should try to get a job with MCI!
Old 04-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Default OutsideConnectionInc / Brian Prins History threads

Some interesting historical threads here at PTO covering Brian Prins abuses and behavior.. Listen to some of the audio clips and it might not be much of a stetch to imagine him threatening lawyers and even a judge.

Warning about Outside Connection phone company & Brian Prins (Customers talk)

Beware of Outside Connection's "Terms" of service - Read between the lines

Open Letter to Brian Prins of Outside Connection
Old 04-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Banned

well, i can understand the temptation to threaten a lawyer....
Old 04-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentina
Thanks for the info. is there any way we can get this more widely disseminated? Some friends of mine are going to give money to PrisonTel (bs company) and I have asked them not to, but they feel desperate i guess, which is what the ripoffs count on. This is one of the most unethical things I have ever seen. Brian should try to get a job with MCI!
HI Valentina,

As you probably know, PTO has quite a wide reach across the Internet especially where it pertains to prisons/prisoners/families. Most of the threads end up in the search engines quite quickly. Most of the major national and state organizations have members or representatives that visit PTO. I'm sure the word will spread.

The thing I recommend most is for those who have been directly affected by this to come to this thread and post what has happened to them. We will keep looking for more information (fact based) and post it as it becomes available.

I don't know what the story is with PrisonTel at this time. They may be a legit company offering a similar service to PCO & OC, that is just trying to pick up new customers. If that is the case, Brian likely sold the OC customer list to them, however I just find a few things strange, along with the timing. How many times does one company go bankrupt or bust only to appear with a new name and no debt? One thing I would most definitely do without a doubt is check references on this new company. Let them know you want to talk to more than just a couple of people that have been with them for a while.. Not just a few weeks or even months. Get full details such as Corporate name (I don't show it registered as a corporation in Texas), experience in the industry, all major employee names and contact information, etc.. etc..
Old 04-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentina
well, i can understand the temptation to threaten a lawyer....
LOL... On that note, I can too!
Old 04-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Banned

I don't want anything to do with PrisonTel. Yes, they might be legit, but I don't like their emails or their responses to my questions. They are sending me about 10 emails a day. I will tell everyone to come here to post. I mean, these guys (brian) ripped us off for hundreds of thousands of dollars? Where is all that money? And I just got really scared and checked my credit card because no doubt he will be using our personal information any time now. Thanks for keeping us posted FedX
Old 04-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Valentina,

Would you mind posting or sending me the email conversations between yourself and PrisonTel? I'd be interested in reading them.

Thanks,
David
Old 04-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Banned

no problem, as soon as i get home I'll do it.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Just digging.. Interview with Brian.
http://www.jimmybiggstv.com/yourway/jbtv07/020107/brianprins.wmv

I bet if he sold what's left of that race car (crashed - link above) he could still refund at least half of the OC customers that are owed money.

Based upon what he said in that interview... I sure hope he doesn't have enough people (victims) tomorrow to finance his pro-stock race dreams.. His comments about not having to work 9-5 are also interesting.. I don't know any successful business owner that does not have to work 12 hours a day or more..
Old 04-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Looks like these are web sites that Brian Prins & Don are involved with. They trace to the same host and are private..

Quote:
I will be back again one day! BET ON IT! Check out www.thephonegameshow.com for more FUN! www.programmershotline.com
www.myfreeworld.net YOU NEED TO CHECK IT OUT!!!!! www.myphonegroup.com Racing talk!
Old 04-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Banned

I was thinking the same thing about the race car! What a ripoff! Wow, so these trace to the same host as prisontel? Or am i misunderstanding something?

Last edited by Valentina; 04-09-2007 at 07:49 PM..
Old 04-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Still doing some research but I will give detailed IP information and other interesting tid-bits I have and am coming up with shortly.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Donation Award 

ummmmmmmm, did he say "rip off".

That car is where all of his money has gone...not to mention the other expenses that come with this specific sport(?).

David, he looks like a weasel.
Then shall they also answer him saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, or a thirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall He answer them saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:44-45
Old 04-09-2007, 09:45 PM
Here we go again...
Donation Award 

I am not a customer of Outside Connections, but I have read all the threads on Brian and OC and I continue to be floored that this guy thinks he is a professional business man and that he continues to do business at all.
His email to his customers alone was unprofessional and just stupid. Who brings up the fact that they are going through a divorce and the ex is the reason for the downfall? And mentioning the names of these other business people? Heck, they probably did some research on him and that's why they bailed so fast. I hope they go after him for slander.

Thanks Fed-X for keeping us all informed. I'm all for a great price on phone calls from my fiancé, but not at a later much greater expense. Not to mention, after reading the threads and listening to the audio from a while back, I didn't think twice about signing up for business with him and I'm glad I didn't.

I expect he'll be signing up here under a new name to attempt to get new customers for PrisonTel and talk smack about you again. It's kinda funny though, he shows what an absolute moron he is when he starts ranting. "I own the internet"...lol

Last edited by Waitin4BlueEyes; 04-09-2007 at 09:47 PM..
Old 04-10-2007, 12:44 AM
Life Adventurer

Always someone else's fault with this guy - you're right I too am surprised it took this long. Be interested to hear what else you find out.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:36 AM

Default Brian Prins, Outside Connection, etc...

I'm fairly new here and will probably upset some of you, but somebody has to stand up for the underdog. We all know what it's like to be the underdog, don't we? If not, our loved ones in prison sure do. Brian himself was in prison, wasn't he? Somewhere along the line everyone forgot about that, or just didn't (and still don't) care. The members of PTO & their loved ones must all handle their emotions in rational, constructive ways that would never create conflict. Is that what justifies how harshly you all continue to judge & criticize Brian Prins? It seems you have all taken the "high road".

So, from what I can see, this whole "We hate Brian Prins" campaign started with an "unprofessional" email he wrote to a customer, who is a member of PTO. And this person got pissed off and posted the email on here, and just like in high school, everyone had something to say about it. Gossip, gossip, heresay, and more gossip. In my opinion, the original email written to Brian Prins was exactly as Brian read it to be. He didn't take it wrong at all. Go back and read it with an unbiased opinion! He simply wasn't putting up with her attitude and she got pissed off that he saw thru her bullshit. The truth hurts sometimes, doesn't it? We all know people like this. People who indirectly insult you? Or disrespect you with a smile on their face, as if they're not? And they always act so innocent & victimized if someone sees thru it, and everyone falls for it. People like her are "professionals" at making others look bad.

Even if Brian did misunderstand the email, was his email really that horrible? Maybe everyone here is just uptight. Which is wierd considering the men we are involved with. I thought his email was kind of funny. I can respect his honesty more than I could a phony kiss ass "professional". It seems all of you would trust that before you would trust an honest man who wears his emotions on his sleeve. (Before anybody jumps to the conclusion that I'm implying Richard from PCO is a phony kiss ass, I'm not. This post has nothing to do with him. I've talked to him before and he's way cool. Yes, he's very professional too. PCO hired a wonderful employee who does his job well.)

I don't know how many of you have started your own business and had to personally deal with the 100's of stupid & petty complaints from customers. Sorry, that wasn't very "professional" of me. Society forgets that business owners are just people like me & you. Does anyone realize how stressful it is to own your own company? Especially one like Outside Connection? His customers are people like US! God help him! We are overwhelmed with everything that we're trying to deal with - because we have a loved one in prison. We are completely emotional & stressed out. Often times we are difficult to deal with. Do we ever get annoyed with people and treat them not as well as we should? Why do we fall apart when somebody from a company acts like a human being, instead of an unemotional, "professional" robot? Why should we get respect, when we don't give it, simply because we are a "customer" and we're "always right"? Because that's just the way it is? People providing customer service should be "professional"? Maybe they should. But some of our loved ones shouldn't be in prison either. And the prison system should be better and more respectful. That's what we should be criticizing. People are always looking for an easy target to "blame". It seems like many of you are taking all of your life's frustrations out on Brian Prins - FAR too much aggression towards someone who hasn't really hurt anybody.

This guy is a former prisoner, who started a business for people like US. Because he knows first hand how important it is to receive phone calls from a loved one in prison, and he wanted to make a difference. How often are you able to talk directly to the owner of a company? An owner that deals with all of the annoying, irrational, rude complaints? That's not only unheard of, but it's al ot of responsibility. Maybe he was having a horrible day? Maybe he was having problems in his personal life? Maybe he feels like everyone is against him and he's angry because he's just trying to help people. Maybe he's not that great at dealing with complaints all day long (most people aren't), but at least he's trying. I could imagine some of our husbands in his place, they'd probably send some pretty insulting emails - unintentionally. Brian Prins has been thru hard times being in prison. He made something of himself, and no thanks to everyone here, he's lost it. And now there is heresay that he's a FUGITIVE? Let's all bite into that juicy morsel now! Where is this info coming from? My husband was absconding before he was arrested for a Prop 36 probation violation. Did that make him a fugitive? Was he a horrible person for not wanting to go back to prison? Why do we want Brian Prins in prison? Why would we want anyone to go there? Where is the heart this website is supposed to have. He's one of us.

Remember: there's always his story, her story, and the REAL story. Just because somebody says Outside Connection "ripped them off", doesn't mean that they did. There are very few complaints on Outside Connection's BBB report and it's ridiculous that someone took the time to post it and imply it was bad. It's even worse that people think it's bad.

For the record, I don't know Brian Prins. I was planning on signing up with Outside Connection, but haven't had the money to do so yet. When I do, I am signing up for Prison-Tel.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Here we go again...
Donation Award 

Wow, if I didn't know any better I sure would think "Sereina" is Brian Prinns. "I don't know how many of you have started your own business and had to personally deal with the 100's of stupid & petty complaints from customers. Sorry, that wasn't very "professional" of me." A little slip up there?

Now just in case "Sereina" is writing on behalf of Brian Prinns defense with only 3 posts to PTO (Seems odd) I apologize and I will tell you this has nothing to do with the last email he sent his customers and everything to do with horrible business practices, threatening competition and customers. If you really want to know why we think you're (oops I mean Brian) is a joke just check out the links Fed-X provided in the beginning of this thread, they say it all and show Brian's true colors.

Last edited by Waitin4BlueEyes; 04-10-2007 at 09:17 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Waitin4BlueEyes For This Useful Post:
-ride or die- (10-11-2008)
Old 04-10-2007, 10:21 AM

I have been trying to reach Brian Prins or someone at Outside Connection since last month.

Yesterday, less than 100 miles from Berlin, NJ (address for Brian and Jean Prins / Outside Connection Inc.) someone used my credit card to make over $5,000 in purchases in Pennsylvania. This could be a coincidence but something tells me different.

If you used a credit card to pay Outside Connection, you can call the phone number on the back of your credit card and dispute charges from Outside Connection Inc. Be safe, close the account and ask for a new card to be issued.

I would suggest anyone who gave personal information to Brian Prins and Outside Connection to contact equifax at 1-800-525-6285 and if you don't already, have them add fraud protection to your account. While I have no proof that there is a connection between these fraudulent charges and Outside Connection Inc. it seems unlikely this is a coincidence.

Last edited by cincykid; 04-10-2007 at 10:22 AM..
Old 04-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereina
I'm fairly new here and will probably upset some of you, but somebody has to stand up for the underdog. We all know what it's like to be the underdog, don't we? If not, our loved ones in prison sure do. Brian himself was in prison, wasn't he? Somewhere along the line everyone forgot about that, or just didn't (and still don't) care. The members of PTO & their loved ones must all handle their emotions in rational, constructive ways that would never create conflict. Is that what justifies how harshly you all continue to judge & criticize Brian Prins? It seems you have all taken the "high road".
I am all for the “underdog”. That is one of the reasons I created PTO.. Because most of us are “underdogs” when it comes to dealing with the prison system. Brian being an ex-prisoner doesn’t excuse this.. If anything, it makes it that much worse. Nobody for a second has forgotten about that. What “justifies how harshly” we judge him is his actions and the fact that many people are now suffering due to his malicious & criminal activities at their expense.

Quote:
So, from what I can see, this whole "We hate Brian Prins" campaign started with an "unprofessional" email he wrote to a customer, who is a member of PTO. And this person got pissed off and posted the email on here, and just like in high school, everyone had something to say about it. Gossip, gossip, heresay, and more gossip. In my opinion, the original email written to Brian Prins was exactly as Brian read it to be. He didn't take it wrong at all. Go back and read it with an unbiased opinion! He simply wasn't putting up with her attitude and she got pissed off that he saw thru her bullshit. The truth hurts sometimes, doesn't it? We all know people like this. People who indirectly insult you? Or disrespect you with a smile on their face, as if they're not? And they always act so innocent & victimized if someone sees thru it, and everyone falls for it. People like her are "professionals" at making others look bad.
You need to go back and read the entire thread with an open mind.. You say “unbiased opinion”.. LOL.. You’re telling me you have one? Sorry, I can’t help but laugh at what you wrote above.. None of this has been about “Gossip, gossip, heresay, and more gossip”.. These are facts, not fiction.. Anyone with an interest in finding out the truth can dig it out 10 different ways. Next time, either read up on all the threads concerning this and you might learn a few things… Or have you already and this is still the conclusion you came to?

Quote:
Even if Brian did misunderstand the email, was his email really that horrible? Maybe everyone here is just uptight. Which is wierd considering the men we are involved with. I thought his email was kind of funny. I can respect his honesty more than I could a phony kiss ass "professional". It seems all of you would trust that before you would trust an honest man who wears his emotions on his sleeve. (Before anybody jumps to the conclusion that I'm implying Richard from PCO is a phony kiss ass, I'm not. This post has nothing to do with him. I've talked to him before and he's way cool. Yes, he's very professional too. PCO hired a wonderful employee who does his job well.)
Again, I suggest you read further than the one person’s email that started that thread. There are audio clips, other peoples stories and more.

Quote:
I don't know how many of you have started your own business and had to personally deal with the 100's of stupid & petty complaints from customers. Sorry, that wasn't very "professional" of me. Society forgets that business owners are just people like me & you. Does anyone realize how stressful it is to own your own company? Especially one like Outside Connection? His customers are people like US! God help him! We are overwhelmed with everything that we're trying to deal with - because we have a loved one in prison. We are completely emotional & stressed out. Often times we are difficult to deal with. Do we ever get annoyed with people and treat them not as well as we should? Why do we fall apart when somebody from a company acts like a human being, instead of an unemotional, "professional" robot? Why should we get respect, when we don't give it, simply because we are a "customer" and we're "always right"? Because that's just the way it is? People providing customer service should be "professional"? Maybe they should. But some of our loved ones shouldn't be in prison either. And the prison system should be better and more respectful. That's what we should be criticizing. People are always looking for an easy target to "blame". It seems like many of you are taking all of your life's frustrations out on Brian Prins - FAR too much aggression towards someone who hasn't really hurt anybody.
I am a business owner and I sure do know how stressful and all consuming that it can be. Of course, I have had clients that have run me ragged and not been happy no matter how hard I have tried but I have never bad mouthed any of them, screwed them out of their money and done what Brian Prins has done..

Do you really believe that tripe you just spewed that Brian Prins “hasn’t really hurt anybody”. Good grief.. What world are you living in? Every one of his customers that pre-paid in $$$ has lost every bit of it.. Is that victimless? And it would be one thing if the company crashed.. But, from every indication thus far, it died because of his nefarious activities.. Wake Up!

Quote:
This guy is a former prisoner, who started a business for people like US. Because he knows first hand how important it is to receive phone calls from a loved one in prison, and he wanted to make a difference. How often are you able to talk directly to the owner of a company? An owner that deals with all of the annoying, irrational, rude complaints? That's not only unheard of, but it's al ot of responsibility. Maybe he was having a horrible day? Maybe he was having problems in his personal life? Maybe he feels like everyone is against him and he's angry because he's just trying to help people. Maybe he's not that great at dealing with complaints all day long (most people aren't), but at least he's trying. I could imagine some of our husbands in his place, they'd probably send some pretty insulting emails - unintentionally. Brian Prins has been thru hard times being in prison. He made something of himself, and no thanks to everyone here, he's lost it. And now there is heresay that he's a FUGITIVE? Let's all bite into that juicy morsel now! Where is this info coming from? My husband was absconding before he was arrested for a Prop 36 probation violation. Did that make him a fugitive? Was he a horrible person for not wanting to go back to prison? Why do we want Brian Prins in prison? Why would we want anyone to go there? Where is the heart this website is supposed to have. He's one of us.
He started a business to make money. Pure and Simple.. He saw an opportunity and decided to have a go at it himself. Nothing wrong with that until he started hurting people. He didn’t do it because he is a great philanthropist..

As for him being a fugitive, I just received an email that he has open warrants out of Winslow Township, NJ. I’ve put in a call to the Sgt. that is handling the case and hopefully will get a call back soon. We’ll see if it is “heresay that he’s a FUGITIVE”.

And.. NO, he is not one of “US”..

Quote:
Remember: there's always his story, her story, and the REAL story. Just because somebody says Outside Connection "ripped them off", doesn't mean that they did. There are very few complaints on Outside Connection's BBB report and it's ridiculous that someone took the time to post it and imply it was bad. It's even worse that people think it's bad.
Again, I suggest you read the thread mentioned earlier in this thread detailing Brian Prins activities in the past. There are plenty of complaints listed directly from the BBB in there.

The real story will unfold here based on facts.. You can bank on that one. If he is innocent of any wrongdoing, it will be fully covered..

Quote:
For the record, I don't know Brian Prins. I was planning on signing up with Outside Connection, but haven't had the money to do so yet. When I do, I am signing up for Prison-Tel.
I believe you. ((SARCASM)))
Old 04-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Default Email from Douglas Marshall

Here is an email that came in to the Admin account:

Quote:
How do I post on your board? Brian Prins and Don Van Fossen Jr. of New York have removed all money from all accounts at Outside Connection over $100,000.00 in cash. They are are not paying MCI and the local phone companies for Feb. and March and scamming them also. Brian Prins has warrants on him in Winslow Township Nj. Please warn unsuspecting people what Brian is up to..
He and Don Von Fossen are operating in Dallas Tx. as
Prison Tel. Please be warned!

Doug Marshall
I'm going to see if I can help him get registerd so he can come post in more detail what transpired.