Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to the Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Alabama.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Banned

Default Easterling Expert Here - Ask Anything

I was released from Easterling - the ass-end of the universe - in March, 2007. Ask me anything you want to know about that nasty, stinking hole.

Easterling is the worst prison in Alabama, as most inmates who have served time at other prisons in Alabama - even Level 5 & 6 camps - will tell you. This may be changing since the Wicked Witch of Easterling - Gwen Mosely - has been kicked upstairs because she had federal criminal charges pending for tampering with the mail.

The only good thing about Easterling is that it is a safe camp. No one has ever been killed while there; although many have come close. The camp has been in semi-lockdown since 2000 when there was a 'riot' (actually a brawl between about 40 guys - a riot is Us against Them, not Us against Us).

A major point of concern is the camp was built over a toxic waste dump. Ask your guys... birds rarely land on the ground inside the fence and some black gunk seeps its way up through the sand. If anyone has the means to get a sample tested, we could probably get the nasty place closed down for good!

Y'all are invited to read my poems written at Easterling in the Poetry Forum.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2007, 01:30 PM
GO Yankees!!

Hey BamaDave...Glad you are here with us on PTO to give some insight on what actually goes on in there...welcome and look forward to reading more post..
Old 05-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Loving our life together!

Hi Dave!! Welcome to PTO and CONGRATS on your recent release!! My fiance has been at Easterling since Sept.'06. He has similar views when it comes to that place. This is his first time in prison, so...he really doesn't have anything to compare it to (other than county or city jail)...but, it's enough for him to know there has GOT to be a better facility to do his bid in !! I'm sure I will have questions down the road and may look to you to "pick your brain". Thanks for all the info, so far, on Easterling!!

KC ~n~ RE
Old 05-24-2007, 11:49 PM
Love Conquers All!!

Default Just Wanting Info

My husband has been in and out of the Alabama prison system for the last 10 years and this is the first time that he had been at Easterling. He has told me that is sucks there and he's only been there since the 17th of this month. But I really would like to go and visit him. Of the prisons I've visited him at most of them have been very relaxed at visitation. How is visitation at Easterling? And most specifically are kisses allowed? Hugging? Hand Holding? Thanks for any info.

Daryl Loves Joyce

Today, Tomorrow, Forever!!
Old 05-25-2007, 02:05 AM
Banned

Default Visitation at the Enema Insertion Point of Alabama!

There should be a statue of Rod Serling at the entrance to Easterling, because when you get there you have indeed entered the Twilight Zone!

A lot depends on which CO's are working visitation... some are hardcore ***holes and some are just normal jerks... and a very few are professionals doing their jobs professionally.

You just have to wait and see... he will probably have some idea about the COs... if you get someone like Keeton, McCovery or Smith, you will be allowed one minimal hug and kiss at start and end... others will allow a bit more as long as it doesn't get out of hand... handholding is usually overlooked as long as its discreet.

The guys are still suffering the aftermath of some freaking IDIOT and his lady who thought they could get away with the wild thing right there in the visitation yard... I will leave it to your imagination how they accomplished it, but suffice it to say a skirt was involved... he got a year in seg and she is BANNED FOREVER FROM VISITATION!

The Wicked Witch of the EASTerling is gone now, so things may change when a new warden is appointed... it can't get any worse, so hope for the best!

Regards,

Dave - The Jailhouse Poet
Old 05-31-2007, 09:40 AM
Loving our life together!

I've had all kinds of experiences at visitations!! Some were GREAT...the co's just kinda overlooked things (such as handholding and smooches throughout the visit). Other visits they watched you like a hawk!! Bailey is another co that can be difficult to deal with!!! You're allowed a hug & a kiss at the beginning and end of visitation. If you wait around until the very end...there is usually a bit more leniency. They'll let you hug & kiss for a little longer than usual. All in all...I haven't had any REALLY bad experiences at visitation. We've been pretty lucky, so far, in that sense!! On our first visit my fiance & I were holding hands on top of the table and the co's got on to us and wouldn't allow it. But, then the next one and all of the ones since...they've allowed us to do it?!?! It really all just depends on which co's are in there that day. From what others tell me...Easterling is one of the strictest in the DOC!!

KC ~n~ RE
Old 07-01-2007, 12:46 AM
making a difference

Dave,
Got out of ECF May 4th of this year. I was in E-1 (8A).
Old 07-01-2007, 01:55 PM
making a difference

Tell me more about Last timers. I went there and saw they had a section on the pre-release program, which I think was written by a 1st grader for ADOC. I went through the 1st "new" ADOC pre-release class in April of this year. In fact, there was an article about it in the Mobile Register and the Dothan Eagle the day I went to the class. This one program was written by a 3rd grader.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:00 PM
making a difference

Dave,
Thanks for the heads up and I can alway PM more ?'s if that works. Contact me if you can. My world went a complete 180 from where I have been and now what I can do professionally. Which, is basically nothing. Its tough after a lifetime of work to be turned upside down, inside out then having to start all over.
Have a good weekend.
RD
Old 08-15-2007, 04:08 PM
bitter baby sis

what is the dog house?
Old 08-16-2007, 10:09 AM
GO Yankees!!

when a inmate gets in trouble (like for a fight or something major) they will send him to segregation, which is called the dog house...
Old 08-16-2007, 06:24 PM
bitter baby sis

how do you get to the poetry forum?
Old 09-06-2007, 11:12 PM

Dave,
I am new to all this prison stuff, but my fiance is getting out soon and he has to be parolled to a Halfway house, what are those and also, cant he just get parolled to TN with me without being married right now? He goes up for parole next month and if he makes parole how long until he is able to leave that nasty place there? Thanks for answering. And congrats on your release keep up the good work.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:59 AM

I am so proud of you and I am glad you are out of there. Can you tell me the best way to get my husband transfered from Easterling? Stay well and I wish you nothing but prosperity.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:32 PM

Exclamation Easterling Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaDave525 View Post
I was released from Easterling - the ass-end of the universe - in March, 2007. Ask me anything you want to know about that nasty, stinking hole.

Easterling is the worst prison in Alabama, as most inmates who have served time at other prisons in Alabama - even Level 5 & 6 camps - will tell you. This may be changing since the Wicked Witch of Easterling - Gwen Mosely - has been kicked upstairs because she had federal criminal charges pending for tampering with the mail.

The only good thing about Easterling is that it is a safe camp. No one has ever been killed while there; although many have come close. The camp has been in semi-lockdown since 2000 when there was a 'riot' (actually a brawl between about 40 guys - a riot is Us against Them, not Us against Us).

A major point of concern is the camp was built over a toxic waste dump. Ask your guys... birds rarely land on the ground inside the fence and some black gunk seeps its way up through the sand. If anyone has the means to get a sample tested, we could probably get the nasty place closed down for good!

Y'all are invited to read my poems written at Easterling in the Poetry Forum.

Dave

Dave,
My husband is in Easterling he just got his custody back what's the quickest way to get him transfered? What can I say to them in classification to get him moved? We tried the enemy thing they transfered to the other inmate. What's next?
Old 12-19-2011, 03:41 PM

My friend is in Easterling. He started the 6 month crime bill program... When do you think he will get out? He says once his certificate reaches the judge that ordered him to take it, he will be released on probation!?!
Old 02-06-2018, 04:33 PM

Is there any current info on Easterling?
Old 02-07-2018, 10:38 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by susangb47 View Post
Is there any current info on Easterling?
Welcome to Prison Talk! Hopefully someone familiar with the facility will comment soon... Would you have any specific questions in mind? That might help other members to respond better

Welcome again, glad you joined us!