Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to the Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Alabama.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:17 PM

Post Madison County Jail

My fiancé was wrongfully convicted of a crime that his relative committed but because he stayed in the same house they arrested and charged both of them. The original sentence was 20yrs but now it's two prison years. The lawyer was more interested in the money than fighting for his rights. I wanted to know does anyone know of ways to get him on probation or is a split sentence something that could apply? What are my options?
Side note: his case and his relatives were linked together and he ended up accepting a plead deal other wise his relative would have lied about his involvement.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2017, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrila24 View Post
My fiancé was wrongfully convicted of a crime that his relative committed but because he stayed in the same house they arrested and charged both of them. The original sentence was 20yrs but now it's two prison years. The lawyer was more interested in the money than fighting for his rights. I wanted to know does anyone know of ways to get him on probation or is a split sentence something that could apply? What are my options?
Side note: his case and his relatives were linked together and he ended up accepting a plead deal other wise his relative would have lied about his involvement.
Is it a 20 split 2?

Tiffany ❤
Old 08-29-2017, 04:07 PM

He was suppose to get 20 but they offered him a plead deal, he asked to think about it and when he came back on monday he was sentenced. They just went with the plead deal
Old 08-29-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrila24 View Post
He was suppose to get 20 but they offered him a plead deal, he asked to think about it and when he came back on monday he was sentenced. They just went with the plead deal
So what did he plea out to?

Tiffany ❤
Old 08-29-2017, 04:28 PM

He told me he has a class b or second degree felony... I think he said, so with the plea deal he received two years. He is in Madison County detention, he said he will be going to Kilby then Limestone.
The crime was that two guys robbed a pizza guy and a kid stole his phone. The guys hid the phone under his bed so