Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Juvenile System
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Juvenile System Topics, Discussions and Information related to the California Youth Commission, Juvenile Jails, Courts, etc.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:15 AM

Question I Was Wondering About Letters - are they only allowed to write once a week?

My Boyfriends Currently In SouthWest Juvenile Hall, In Murrieta CA. Is It True They Are Only Allowed To Write Once A Week? This Is The First Time I Ever Wrote To Someone Whos Away,I Live About An Hour And A Half Away From Where Hes At,I Dont Know How Long It Will Take Or What So Anyone With Information, It'll Be Appreciated..Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2009, 12:41 PM
5'3 High And Rising

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,641 Times in 2,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryjaneee View Post
My Boyfriends Currently In SouthWest Juvenile Hall, In Murrieta CA. Is It True They Are Only Allowed To Write Once A Week? This Is The First Time I Ever Wrote To Someone Whos Away,I Live About An Hour And A Half Away From Where Hes At,I Dont Know How Long It Will Take Or What So Anyone With Information, It'll Be Appreciated..Thanks!

Hello sweetie and welcome to pto I hope this information will help you please feel free to pm me any time should you have further questions

Inmate Mail Policy
  • All inmate mail must have a RETURN ADDRESS and the inmate’s FULL NAME under which he or she is booked, along with the correct BOOKING NUMBER. If mail cannot be returned to the sender due to a missing return address, it will be placed into the inmate's property and not retrieved.
    Look up Inmate Booking Number
  • Any mail that is dirty or stained will be considered contaminated and returned to the sender.
  • Mail that contains any of the following will be rejected:
Not Allowed:
  • Mail containing more than 10 individual photos per letter regardless of how the photos are printed. Pictures must not contain nudity, violent acts and/or gang-related signs or activities.
  • Mail written in gel-type ink
  • Mail written in crayon
  • Mail with lipstick imprinted on it
  • Polaroids
  • Stickers and labels *
  • Stick-on return address labels **
  • Odor-causing substances like perfume or cologne that permeate the mail
  • Items containing glue or white-out
  • Marking pens
  • Felt-tip pens
  • Care packages
  • Flowers or candy
  • Ribbons
  • Phone cards
  • Greeting cards
  • Post cards
  • Plastic
  • Glitter
  • Tape
  • Stationery
  • Envelopes
  • Post-it Notes
  • Craft materials
  • Parchment paper
  • Black paper
  • Staples
  • Paper clips
  • Postage stamps (loose or book)
  • Cash or personal checks (U.S. Postal Money orders are accepted)
  • Hardback or leather-bound books (all books must come directly from a recognized publisher)
* Stickers and/or labels refers to the generic decorative, adhesive type of sticker and has nothing to do with postage. If a sticker is on a letter, the letter is returned to the sender. If a sticker is on an envelope, the inmate is given the letter inside, but not the envelope. If the inmate requests the return address from the envelope, the address is torn off and given to the inmate.
** If a return address on an envelope is a sticker label, the envelope is not given to the inmate, but the inmate may copy down the return address.