Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Juvenile System
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Juvenile System Topics, Discussions and Information related to the California Youth Commission, Juvenile Jails, Courts, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-02-2010, 07:22 PM
frazzledincali frazzledincali is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: california
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Boyfriend arrested & I am not sure what to expect

hi, i keep trying to post this but it logs me out everytime i press submit. so ill try to type fast. my bf and i were walking to his friends house, who i havent met, and somebody was driving by and shot at us. he had me get on the ground and he started shooting back. when the car was passed he got me up and we ran to his friends house when the police pulled up with their guns out and arrested him. the police questioned me and figured out i had no idea what just happened or why it did or that he had a gun. i dont know what to do or how to deal with this. ive never even seen a jail in real life and now my boyfriend is going to jail. i want to know a whole bunch of things but mostly things like what will it be like and will i get to visit him. i heard on tv that only family is allowed to visit but what if i say im pregnate? will he be harassed by whites because he looks mexican? will he have to join a prison gang? he wasnt in a gang before and hes never been to jail. hes 16 and not weak but not buff either. will he be looked after more carefully because he can and did break open a school locker with his hands when it wouldnt open. will he have a cell mate? he didnt kill anybody he just shot back. im sorry if im hard to understand i dont know how to deal with anything right now, i almost broke down crying because my bedroom door stuck for a second.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 04-02-2010, 07:27 PM
rockys lil girl's Avatar
rockys lil girl rockys lil girl is offline
Top Knotch
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: huntington park, ca
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 2,653
Thanked 2,762 Times in 1,258 Posts
Default

Omg girl im sorry that you are going through this are you a minor? If you are then you would probably need a parent to take you if you wanted to see him. Even if you say that your pregnant I dont think that, that will help in anyway to be honest. I dont know how juvenile halls work because he is a minor. Im sure that someone with knowledge of these things will soon swing by. Hang in there hugs
__________________
ME AND YOU AGAINST THE WORLD!!

LOVING MY INMATE

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-02-2010, 07:32 PM
frazzledincali frazzledincali is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: california
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

thanx and ya i am im 15
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-02-2010, 07:36 PM
rockys lil girl's Avatar
rockys lil girl rockys lil girl is offline
Top Knotch
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: huntington park, ca
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 2,653
Thanked 2,762 Times in 1,258 Posts
Default

omg hun u are so young!
__________________
ME AND YOU AGAINST THE WORLD!!

LOVING MY INMATE

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-02-2010, 07:38 PM
rockys lil girl's Avatar
rockys lil girl rockys lil girl is offline
Top Knotch
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: huntington park, ca
Posts: 2,438
Thanks: 2,653
Thanked 2,762 Times in 1,258 Posts
Default

well he didnt kill anyone thats a good thing and does he know who shot at him?
__________________
ME AND YOU AGAINST THE WORLD!!

LOVING MY INMATE

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-02-2010, 07:43 PM
frazzledincali frazzledincali is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: california
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i think and i think its a gang around here, he was talking about some people calling him a"nigger lover" cause he hangs out with some black kids and he looks mexican
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-02-2010, 07:45 PM
GoodBI_girl GoodBI_girl is offline
Account Closed
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Sunny South
Posts: 1,009
Thanks: 1,242
Thanked 514 Times in 329 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazzledincali View Post
thanx and ya i am im 15


You are so stressed right now, even the thought of the door being stuck has got you spooked. At 15 you are too young to go alone and I wouldn't say I was pregnant if you're not. You don't want to start "lying" because you'll need people to trust you during the rest of the procedures, and that will go a long way. Are your parents aware of your situation? Do they know your BF?

The people here have a lot of experience but bottom line you are still a minor so keep an adult with you, with the police and anyone else. I really wish you the best during this ordeal.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-02-2010, 07:49 PM
frazzledincali frazzledincali is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: california
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingertrail View Post
You are so stressed right now, even the thought of the door being stuck has got you spooked. At 15 you are too young to go alone and I wouldn't say I was pregnant if you're not. You don't want to start "lying" because you'll need people to trust you during the rest of the procedures, and that will go a long way. Are your parents aware of your situation? Do they know your BF?

The people here have a lot of experience but bottom line you are still a minor so keep an adult with you, with the police and anyone else. I really wish you the best during this ordeal.
thanks, my parents do know him but my dad hates him cause my dad cant scare him
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-04-2010, 12:04 AM
Mrs.760's Avatar
Mrs.760 Mrs.760 is offline
Registered User

Staff Superstar Winner 

 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: (760) Rancho Mirage, Califas
Posts: 3,306
Thanks: 1,874
Thanked 1,193 Times in 825 Posts
Default

Oh man sweetie I feel so bad for you. Your a minor and unfortunatly it appears that there are many gray areas when it comes to the Juvenile system. You wont be able to see him without a parent. Have you kept in contact with his parents? If you are truly pregnant by him you may want to inform his public defender as it may help with his sentancing as he is soon to be a father. However I agree with Ginger don't lie to the police or his public defender. Lies only make it worse and then you become responsible for beleiving your lies.

If you dont feel comfortable talking to the police then dont. You are still a minor and can request for your parents.

Honestly babe if you were put in a situation like this and your boyfriend knowingly was possessing a weapon then he knew someone was after him. He put your life in jeopordy. Please think twice before getting into further problems with him. It is a slippery slope you can go down and you dont want to feel that low.

Just be positive use your head and if you are indeed preggers then remember your life is shared with someone else now! Give him all your love!!
__________________
~R.I.P. Lt. Manny Ruan~
~Never ride faster than your angel can fly~

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-04-2010, 07:34 PM
frazzledincali frazzledincali is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: california
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

thanks, but i know him and he absolutly hates guns. he knows what they can do and he has only ever been aggressive to anybody is in defense of me or somebody else that couldnt defend themselves. hes honestly never been mean to anyone who he didnt have to be. he doesnt have a dad but ive met his mom a few times and shes a horrible druggy and is constantly out all the time like she doesnt even care
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Gryphon Gryphon is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CA Sacramento
Posts: 6,103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,469 Posts
Default

If I understand correctly:
A 16 year old, who has no gang history, is walking his 15 year old girlfriend down a street. A car full of gang guys begin to shoot at him. He drops, and pulls out the concealed weapon he just happened to have for no known reason, returning fire as best he could. He suggests that the motive is that he has been known to speak to an African American from time to time.
This sounds like a situation where there are a number of missing facts. It also sounds like a situation where you may not have shared the whole truth with us (or the police). I'm NOT suggesting that you do so here. This is a very public place.

You aren't doing him any favors by passing this story around because your version may come back to haunt him.
I do suggest that you contact his attorney and ask to make an appointment. The attorney will no doubt want to talk to you about things like how this peaceful gun fearing child just happened to have a loaded firearm. There is some chance that this case will be prosecuted in adult court, and the attorney will want information to be used in an effort to keep the case in juvenile court.

Juvenile Halls have the occasional fist fight, but the level of violence is less than adult jail. It's a rough place, however. I haven't noticed much gang activity at teh Hall (probably because no self respecting gang wants to claim something that has "Juvenile" in the name.)

If he has people interested in killing him, that means you are at risk to at least some extent. If they can't hurt him, maybe they'd like to hurt people who are close to him. You probably need to have a chat with the folks about what you've gotten mixed up in, and a decision needs to be made about whether it's time to go stay with an out of town relation for a good long while. This would be an ideal opportunity to in fact tell the truth about exactly who's pissed off enough to kill (and why).
What you tell your folks is not confidential, so take that into consideration.

Stay safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazzledincali View Post
hi, i keep trying to post this but it logs me out everytime i press submit. so ill try to type fast. my bf and i were walking to his friends house, who i havent met, and somebody was driving by and shot at us. he had me get on the ground and he started shooting back. when the car was passed he got me up and we ran to his friends house when the police pulled up with their guns out and arrested him. the police questioned me and figured out i had no idea what just happened or why it did or that he had a gun. i dont know what to do or how to deal with this. ive never even seen a jail in real life and now my boyfriend is going to jail. i want to know a whole bunch of things but mostly things like what will it be like and will i get to visit him. i heard on tv that only family is allowed to visit but what if i say im pregnate? will he be harassed by whites because he looks mexican? will he have to join a prison gang? he wasnt in a gang before and hes never been to jail. hes 16 and not weak but not buff either. will he be looked after more carefully because he can and did break open a school locker with his hands when it wouldnt open. will he have a cell mate? he didnt kill anybody he just shot back. im sorry if im hard to understand i dont know how to deal with anything right now, i almost broke down crying because my bedroom door stuck for a second.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gryphon For This Useful Post:
DiW1965 (04-09-2010), Mrs.760 (04-08-2010), Ooleesalisa (04-25-2010)
  #12  
Old 04-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Ooleesalisa's Avatar
Ooleesalisa Ooleesalisa is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Far Nor Cal, USA
Posts: 20
Thanks: 13
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink Stay Calm sweetie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazzledincali View Post
hi, i keep trying to post this but it logs me out everytime i press submit. so ill try to type fast. my bf and i were walking to his friends house, who i havent met, and somebody was driving by and shot at us. he had me get on the ground and he started shooting back. when the car was passed he got me up and we ran to his friends house when the police pulled up with their guns out and arrested him. the police questioned me and figured out i had no idea what just happened or why it did or that he had a gun. i dont know what to do or how to deal with this. ive never even seen a jail in real life and now my boyfriend is going to jail. i want to know a whole bunch of things but mostly things like what will it be like and will i get to visit him. i heard on tv that only family is allowed to visit but what if i say im pregnate? will he be harassed by whites because he looks mexican? will he have to join a prison gang? he wasnt in a gang before and hes never been to jail. hes 16 and not weak but not buff either. will he be looked after more carefully because he can and did break open a school locker with his hands when it wouldnt open. will he have a cell mate? he didnt kill anybody he just shot back. im sorry if im hard to understand i dont know how to deal with anything right now, i almost broke down crying because my bedroom door stuck for a second.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey,
He's a juvenile... He will be ok... Hopefully this will deter him from acting agressively in the future... Be glad, his records can be exsponged later...
Write to him all the time, tell him you love him.. Be home for his collect calls to you... He CAN keep to himself for the most part.. Send him what he needs and is allowed to recieve so he won't have to go to anyone else for his needs.
It's a big job sweetheart...

p.s. The Mexicans and Whites get along ok.. Hang in there, you have to be strong for him...K?
__________________
Mrs Lisa E. Gorsuch
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Ooleesalisa's Avatar
Ooleesalisa Ooleesalisa is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Far Nor Cal, USA
Posts: 20
Thanks: 13
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazzledincali View Post
thanks, but i know him and he absolutly hates guns. he knows what they can do and he has only ever been aggressive to anybody is in defense of me or somebody else that couldnt defend themselves. hes honestly never been mean to anyone who he didnt have to be. he doesnt have a dad but ive met his mom a few times and shes a horrible druggy and is constantly out all the time like she doesnt even care
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
K, Your it then Baby Girl...
Be Strong!!
Gather legal information like your writing a term paper...
Take it to someone who will listen and give help or advice...
Lisa
__________________
Mrs Lisa E. Gorsuch
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:09 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics