Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)- California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)- California Topics and discussions specific to Pelican Bay State Prison located in Crescent City, California.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:24 PM
~Miss ya much~

Default Where do I go for info on the SHU and support? (Pelican Bay)

My BF is doing life in the SHU and I was just wonder which thread or forum i can go to... Just got questions and wondering how many people stay in relationship where they will never be able to hug or have any physical relationship with there loved one... just looking for support.

~always yours~
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2012, 05:49 PM

Superstar of the Year 

Thanked 4,949 Times in 3,184 Posts

Welcome to PTO! I’m glad you’ve found us! I remember being overwhelmed by the size of the site when I first came to PTO. So here are some "tips" to help you out:

You can check out the Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison for support, but you should definitely check out the CALIFORNIA Forums for info about the SHU.

At the bottom of every page, there is a pull down menu with an index to all of our forums. If you scroll down the Forum Jump, you'll see all the forums we have available, many of which will pertain to you & your situation. Be sure to scroll allll the way to the bottom and back up, just to see all the forums we do have. State/facility specific questions are best asked in that state's forum. Just read the descriptor that is beneath each forum title and you'll be just fine

Click on the forum title to enter the forum, then click on a thread title to read that thread.

Reply by either typing your reply into the "Quick Reply" box or click on “Go Advanced” at the bottom of the thread. To quote the post you are replying to, click on the “reply” button at the bottom of that individual post. To subscribe to a thread, use "Go Advanced" and there is the option to subscribe beneath the reply box.

To create a new thread, look at the top of the thread list in any forum for a button marked "New Thread", click on that and it will open a window where you can give your thread a title and type up what you want to say or ask. When you are done, click near the bottom where it says "Submit New Thread" and your thread will be posted.

***If you ever have trouble finding a post you made, go to the upper right corner of the screen and click on your name. This will take you to your profile. Then choose "Statistics", in that screen, click on "Find all posts by..." and you'll get a list of all of your posts/threads***

You can also "subscribe" to any threads you post in by using the "advanced reply" and scrolling just below the text box.

Lastly, for now, if you ever get a message saying that your post or thread has been moved, all you have to do is click on the thread title within that message and you'll go right to the new location of your thread or post.

Also, be sure to review our Posting Guidelines.

If you ever have any questions or concerns, feel free to pm me or any other Moderator!

Renee
Super Moderator

[/color][/size][/center]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:
honda (12-18-2012), sidewalker (12-18-2012)
Old 12-18-2012, 05:27 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,945 Times in 2,166 Posts

What shu unit is he at?
Mine is at Corcoran.
Many are at Pelican Bay.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:00 PM
~Miss ya much~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl P. View Post
What shu unit is he at?
Mine is at Corcoran.
Many are at Pelican Bay.
He is in the Pelican bay. Thank you.

~always yours~
Old 12-19-2012, 02:43 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,945 Times in 2,166 Posts

There are some very nice ladies who haved their loved ones incarcerated at Pelican Bay.
I'm sure you have found that forum.
Welcome to PTO!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:47 AM
WINNING! Admin

PTOQ Editorial Team Member 

Donation Award 

Thanked 37,824 Times in 10,456 Posts

I've moved your post so that you can enter into a discussion with the folks dealing with Pelican Bay. Best of luck.

THIS CORRESPONDENCE
IS FROM A WOMAN IN LOVE
WITH A FORMER INMATE OF
THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT
OF CORRECTIONS

Old 12-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Default SHU Relationships

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda View Post
My BF is doing life in the SHU and I was just wonder which thread or forum i can go to... Just got questions and wondering how many people stay in relationship where they will never be able to hug or have any physical relationship with there loved one... just looking for support.
Hi Honda,

My husband is also doing 25 - life in Pelican Bay. He's in the SHU right now, but I'm not ready to say he'll do his full sentance there (always hopeful).

We just got married in the SHU 12.1.12. How each person deals with this situation is different, and there's a lot of areas to be discussed/figured out.

For me, the bottom line came down to simply one question; "Do I want to live my life with this man in it, or not in it?" You already know the decision I came to, as, like I said, we just got married. However, it's obviously a very personal decision for each person.

When I met my husband, he'd already been incarcerated for 4 years, so I've never known him on the "outside". In some weird way, I think it makes our relationship easier for me, as I've never known him on Christmas morning, going camping, out for dinner or whatever, so I can't miss what I've never known. Having someone taken out of your life on the "outside", I think, must be harder than for us who are in an MWI relationship.

Some woman can deal with this life, others cannot. It's not a pass/fail thing, it's just that we are all different. Only you know what kind of person you are and what you want to do with your life.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Jessgirl

There doesnt seem to be too many on here anymore for SHU