Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:55 PM

Default Prison processing & Time frame

Hello, so here's what I would like to know, so my husband was picked up from county jail today at 7am and it's 10hrs later and he still not in the DOC system, I'm worried! 😩 How long is the process and when will he show up in the system??? Also, he was sentenced to 18 months in prison but has 15 months and 20 days credit time in county jail.. can anybody tell me how long will he be doing in total or how much time will he have to do???? When or how
Long does it take to use the phone or be approved??? We are in Miami Fl.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsOliva View Post
Hello, so here's what I would like to know, so my husband was picked up from county jail today at 7am and it's 10hrs later and he still not in the DOC system, I'm worried! 😩 How long is the process and when will he show up in the system??? Also, he was sentenced to 18 months in prison but has 15 months and 20 days credit time in county jail.. can anybody tell me how long will he be doing in total or how much time will he have to do???? When or how
Long does it take to use the phone or be approved??? We are in Miami Fl.
Reception can last 4-6 weeks. Someone I just recently tracked through the system it took them 46 days to be processed through cfrc main and then 4 days in cfrc west. 3 travel days to end up at the prison they have been assigned to. Sounds like your guy could be coming home as soon as they are through reception if they process the county time correctly. IDK
Old 08-02-2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend in Jail View Post
Reception can last 4-6 weeks. Someone I just recently tracked through the system it took them 46 days to be processed through cfrc main and then 4 days in cfrc west. 3 travel days to end up at the prison they have been assigned to. Sounds like your guy could be coming home as soon as they are through reception if they process the county time correctly. IDK

Well I don't know but it says his release date it 10/11/2017 which would put him at his exact time of 18 months. I don't see where the 85% is at?... I feel like they messed up some where because he had 15 months and 20 days when they sentenced him.. who can I speak to in regards to that?
Old 08-02-2017, 09:21 PM
Sun Dried Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,753 Times in 1,332 Posts

Call classification. If you get no satisfaction call the Class Super. And, keep going up until someone corrects it.

I'd wait until he gets away from reception though. It may change several times as they process him and pilfer in his file.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel
Old 08-03-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjewel View Post
Call classification. If you get no satisfaction call the Class Super. And, keep going up until someone corrects it.

I'd wait until he gets away from reception though. It may change several times as they process him and pilfer in his file.
So I spoke to someone in classification and what they told
Me was that he doesn't apply to 85% because he has already done more then 85%?? Like that's so messed up. They told me that he still owes them 75 days... I'm at awe with this. And he don't even have a mandatory sentence. I'm so confused
Old 08-03-2017, 08:16 AM
Sun Dried Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Quote:
So I spoke to someone in classification and what they told
Me was that he doesn't apply to 85% because he has already done more then 85%?? Like that's so messed up. They told me that he still owes them 75 days... I'm at awe with this. And he don't even have a mandatory sentence. I'm so confused
Then, call the classification Supervisor.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

Old 08-03-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Then, call the classification Supervisor.
That is whom I spoke too. I'm just going to leave it in Gods hands
Old 08-03-2017, 08:22 AM
Sun Dried Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Quote:
That is whom I spoke too. I'm just going to leave it in Gods hands
Just wait until he's done with reception.

And, I don't think God worries about the administration side of prison. He has his hands full trying to keep them alive.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Just wait until he's done with reception.

And, I don't think God worries about the administration side of prison. He has his hands full trying to keep them alive.
I thought he was done with reception? He was already booked and it comes up on the inmate population search thing?. And as for God, he never has his hands full. 😉 He just deals with those who need him most 1st. And thank you for getting back to me
Old 08-03-2017, 11:33 AM
Sun Dried Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Quote:
I thought he was done with reception? He was already booked and it comes up on the inmate population search thing?. And as for God, he never has his hands full. 😉 He just deals with those who need him most 1st. And thank you for getting back to me

As long as he is at the reception center, he's in reception. Did I get confused? I thought you said he was at....yes, on 080117 you stated he left county jail. He's no where near done being evaluated and probed and tested.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
As long as he is at the reception center, he's in reception. Did I get confused? I thought you said he was at....yes, on 080117 you stated he left county jail. He's no where near done being evaluated and probed and tested.
Yes he is in SFRC. Wow I thought 1ce he was there that's how they calculated his time etc... but I guess ur right. So he still processing
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsOliva For This Useful Post:
Anjewel (08-03-2017)
Old 09-03-2017, 08:52 PM

Default Son currently in reception located him in main

I'm on very limited monthly funds so I have to be frugal about sending any thing at all. I sent some blank paper envelopes and stamps following rules on website. Now about money to J Pay will that follow him to next camp? How about paper he has unused?

Stupid ? but mean so much when I'm so short of money. He knows this and wouldn't want me to struggle but truth be told this is a struggle. I don't know how families manage if they have kids.

Thanks Fl Peeps
Old 09-04-2017, 01:00 PM

Thanked 3,575 Times in 1,887 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan View Post
I'm on very limited monthly funds so I have to be frugal about sending any thing at all. I sent some blank paper envelopes and stamps following rules on website. Now about money to J Pay will that follow him to next camp? How about paper he has unused?

Stupid ? but mean so much when I'm so short of money. He knows this and wouldn't want me to struggle but truth be told this is a struggle. I don't know how families manage if they have kids.

Thanks Fl Peeps
I think you can take your property from reception, we all know what a struggle it is. I used to stock up on loose leaf, envelopes, stamps to send rather then him buy it. I also would buy a ton of cards and mail him blank b-day, X-mas, V-day and he'd sell or trade for stuff. Wife b-day cards and V-day cards were like gold!!!

Last edited by xolady; 09-04-2017 at 01:02 PM..
Old 09-04-2017, 07:02 PM

Thanked 3,575 Times in 1,887 Posts

Quote:
Yes he is in SFRC. Wow I thought 1ce he was there that's how they calculated his time etc... but I guess ur right. So he still processing
They might just keep him there. His time is so short so don't be surprised if he stays at reception. I know when my husband only had a short stay he was happy to be kept there. So was I visiting every weekend!!! Still cost but was way better then other places.
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
DisneyFan (09-14-2017)