Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)- California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)- California Topics and discussions specific to Pelican Bay State Prison located in Crescent City, California.

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 11:23 PM

Default Visiting Application

I have a question... I was approved for visits back in November of 2009 and have not updated anything since then. My BF has been transferred to 3 different prisons since then and I've never had a problem. But I'm planning to visit him in June and I don't want to be turned away because my records aren't updated. Does anyone know if you can update your info once you're there in case they say anything? I know at Corcoran you could update the same day as the visit.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2012, 11:37 PM
G'z Sweetstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc~at~heart View Post
I have a question... I was approved for visits back in November of 2009 and have not updated anything since then. My BF has been transferred to 3 different prisons since then and I've never had a problem. But I'm planning to visit him in June and I don't want to be turned away because my records aren't updated. Does anyone know if you can update your info once you're there in case they say anything? I know at Corcoran you could update the same day as the visit.
That is how it has been in the past. With that said, I would still call and check just in case it has changed, You would not want to go up there and be denied. This is a great forum, however in the end you are at the mercy of the poster, and departmental policies that change...
oc~at~heart (05-07-2012)
Old 05-07-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertmoonwoman View Post
That is how it has been in the past. With that said, I would still call and check just in case it has changed, You would not want to go up there and be denied. This is a great forum, however in the end you are at the mercy of the poster, and departmental policies that change...
Thanks, it's hard because you get your hopes up to go up there and in a second things can go wrong and you don't get your visit. I just want to be prepared.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Is What He Calls Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc~at~heart
Good morning, I would advise u to have ur bf send u a visiting form and get it filled out and send it back asap. As we all kno, visiting applications r to be updated every 2 years and if u were approved in 2009 it's time to update. I'm not tryna upset u or anything but pelican bay is too far to travel to be denied a visit. God bless u on ur mission and have a beautiful day... God Bless us ALL!!!
The JOY of the LORD IS OUR STRENGTH
GOD BLESS US ALL
The Following User Says Thank You to MsBeautiful For This Useful Post:
oc~at~heart (05-08-2012)
Old 05-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Default 4th July extra visiting day

Hello all,

I beleive we get an extra visiting day for the 4th of July holiday - but with this being on a Wednesday this year does anyone know when the extra day will be for PB SHU??
Old 05-08-2012, 07:52 PM

Yes we get an extra visiting day for shu. It will be friday July 6.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrs.rodriguez12 For This Useful Post:
JavisLady (05-09-2012)
Old 05-09-2012, 10:33 PM

Do you have to make an appointment for mainline visiting? Even if you don't have to, is it better to make one just in case?
Old 05-10-2012, 11:03 PM
Is What He Calls Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc~at~heart
Do you have to make an appointment for mainline visiting? Even if you don't have to, is it better to make one just in case?
good evening, gp does not have appointments unless ur loved one is in adseg(the hole)...I always call on Monday, Wednesday and Friday the week I plan to visit to make sure everything its everything and that way if there is a restriction on visit him, I can make an appointment at that time... I hope this helps u...God Bless us ALL!!!
GOD BLESS US ALL
oc~at~heart (05-11-2012)
Old 05-11-2012, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBeautiful View Post
good evening, gp does not have appointments unless ur loved one is in adseg(the hole)...I always call on Monday, Wednesday and Friday the week I plan to visit to make sure everything its everything and that way if there is a restriction on visit him, I can make an appointment at that time... I hope this helps u...God Bless us ALL!!!
Thank you for the info. Cuz at Calipatria you still had to make an appointment so I wasn't sure. Thanks!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:35 AM
Is What He Calls Me

ur welcum...at avenal u could make appointments as well to avoid the lines...if there's anything I can help u with don't hesitate to hmu...God bless!!
GOD BLESS US ALL
oc~at~heart (05-11-2012)
Old 05-16-2012, 11:45 PM

How long does it take for the visiting forms to be processed and approved at PBSP? I sent my application in almost 3 weeks ago. I'm nervous to call and ask, I'm just waiting for him call with the good news.

I have something from the past from 1997 or 1998, I was approved back in the days when it first happened so I should be good. Its just my nerves and the anticipation of not seeing him for 3 or 4 years. Its been 10 years since I've touched him or shared the same airspace with him. AHHHHHH my nerves.....
Old 05-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson_Butter View Post
How long does it take for the visiting forms to be processed and approved at PBSP? I sent my application in almost 3 weeks ago. I'm nervous to call and ask, I'm just waiting for him call with the good news.

I have something from the past from 1997 or 1998, I was approved back in the days when it first happened so I should be good. Its just my nerves and the anticipation of not seeing him for 3 or 4 years. Its been 10 years since I've touched him or shared the same airspace with him. AHHHHHH my nerves.....
Mine took about 3 months but that was back when he was in Centinela...
Old 05-17-2012, 05:59 PM

Thanks...I'm feeling kind of blue...I haven't had mail or a phone call in a few weeks. He's called me for the past two Fridays, but I wasn't home or expecting his call...An approved visit would be music to my ears.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Go'n thru it 2 get 2 it.

Default Visiting cancelled!!!

Hello All.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but A-yard visiting was cancelled @ 11 today. There was an incident on the yard. IDK which yard or how this will effect any of your loved ones and/or visiting in the weekends to come. I'm just giving you all a heads up. Take care.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4evermoore For This Useful Post:
JavisLady (05-20-2012), oc~at~heart (05-20-2012)
Old 05-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Go'n thru it 2 get 2 it.

Hello All.
FYI... I just called the visiting hotline and it says normal visiting for Blacks and others on A-yard but Hispanics and Whites need an appt. I've never listened to the complete message before but I'm certain this is an update per Sunday's incident. Be sure to call in for info and/or an update as PB is not a stones throw away for any of us. So that's way too far to drive to not be able to visit. Take care.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4evermoore For This Useful Post:
oc~at~heart (05-22-2012), onetruelife (05-22-2012)
Old 05-26-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
I was wondering, how do most of you get up to PB for visiting? I see alot of carpool information and it looks like most of you drive, but has anyone flown up there? Is it better to drive than fly? To me it looks like it's easiest (and cheapest) to drive but if anyone knows different, can you give me any information? I'm looking to go possibly in June and I live in Riverside county. My BF should be in GP by then, so I'm hoping to get the whole weekend for visit?
I'm in Lake Elsinore and flying to Sac and renting a car to drive from there. Southwest has $91 one way flights and car is $126. Driving all the way is probably cheaper but it's just me and my 9 yr old and I don't want to drive that far alone.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbieswifey View Post
I'm in Lake Elsinore and flying to Sac and renting a car to drive from there. Southwest has $91 one way flights and car is $126. Driving all the way is probably cheaper but it's just me and my 9 yr old and I don't want to drive that far alone.
What airports do you fly to? How far away from the prison?
Old 05-28-2012, 01:31 AM
So*CaL BaByGiRl

I"m jealous of all of you...wish I could visit! I don't care if it's an hour behind glass....just to far away!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Hi Hiz,

I know it's far for all of us I'm sure. Try carpooling - it makes the trip easier on the wallet, helps with the driving, and if you can chit chat the time goes faster. What part of so cal are you in? (PM me if you'd like)
Old 05-30-2012, 10:52 PM

Default Piercings/Metal Detectors

Question ladies: I am getting my nose pierced next week and am wondering if there will be a problem getting through processing at visit when I go in the summer. I heard that surgical steel won't set off the detectors but don't know how it works at the Bay. Can anyone let me know if there would be a problem?
Old 05-31-2012, 04:04 AM

Quote:
What airports do you fly to? How far away from the prison?
Flying out of Ontario or Orange County into Sacramento. Renting a car from Sacramento driving to Crescent City. It's a 7 hr drive from Sac
This distance thing sux!
Old 05-31-2012, 04:07 AM

Is there anyone that visits the level 1 facility? Just wondered what to expect when I go there.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:41 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Hi OC,

I haven't heard anything about steel...some ladies get thru with their gold ring on. I know the metal detectors there are very sensitive....example the round metal on a ladies bra strap - where the strap & bra are joined together, was setting off the alarm....not sure about a piercing. Maybe someone else here can help???
Old 05-31-2012, 10:42 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbieswifey View Post
Flying out of Ontario or Orange County into Sacramento. Renting a car from Sacramento driving to Crescent City. It's a 7 hr drive from Sac
This distance thing sux!
Hun - try looking into Medford airport (Oregon), it's about a 2 hour drive to Crescent City I beleive.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:47 AM
VINCE'S GIRL <3

@ oc~at~heart...when do u plan on visiting ur bf?
Closed Thread