Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)- California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)- California Topics and discussions specific to Pelican Bay State Prison located in Crescent City, California.

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavisLady View Post
Hi Dee,

I too, have never heard of visiting being approved on the spot. That sounds crazy as they have to do a background check don't they?
Hello there! My thoughts exactly.. As long as I've been visiting, I've never heard of that. I sent my visiting form in about 6 weeks ago. I hope I am approved soon.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2012, 11:48 AM

Finally I've been approved (: I am flying in this coming Friday. I'm curious, is the inmate in the visiting area before you get there or does he come out after you are already seated? Weird question I know.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:35 PM
G'z Sweetstuff

If he is in the SHU, they are released from their cell when you register in at the time of registration. Sometimes they are waiting, other times you may have to wait. My shortest visit was 1.2 hours and the longest 1.4. Enjoy your visit.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:44 PM

I forgot to say he is on B yard, GP. Thank you desertmoon
Old 11-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee186 View Post
I forgot to say he is on B yard, GP. Thank you desertmoon
I travel with a couple of ladies who visit in GP - they say it varies there also - sometimes you wait for them, sometimes they wait for you. One lady did say she had to wait in GP for almost an hour - IDK why as I've never visited GP in Pelican Bay.

Will you be there this upcomming weekend? So will I!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 11:42 PM

Yes I will be there this weekend .. I'm soo nervous but excited too
Old 11-30-2012, 12:12 AM

Hello everyone!! This may not be the place to ask but it is the closest I could find! My question is about Family Visits. Has anyone ever gone to a FV here? I was just wondering what kind, if any make up, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body oil etc are you allowed to bring, if at all?? Thank you ahead of time! I am going to my 2st FV next weekend!!
Old 11-30-2012, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbieswifey View Post
Hello everyone!! This may not be the place to ask but it is the closest I could find! My question is about Family Visits. Has anyone ever gone to a FV here? I was just wondering what kind, if any make up, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body oil etc are you allowed to bring, if at all?? Thank you ahead of time! I am going to my 2st FV next weekend!!

my husband is nt allowed any family visits yet. bt i know u cnt take no products that contain alcholo n the liwuid got to be in a clear container n make up is allowed bt limited
Old 12-27-2012, 12:10 AM

Default Help! Trying to visit BF at PB and new to this.

Hi there,

My boyfriend is at PB and I have never been there to visit him. I would have to fly, but don't know the in's and out's of how to go about this. I would have to go by plane because I work, but I understand the plane makes a stop at San Francisco then continues to Crescent City. Okay then what hotel do I get and how do I get to PB to see him?

Can anyone help me out. I would love to visit him the month of January 2013.

Thank you very much.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee186 View Post
Finally I've been approved (: I am flying in this coming Friday. I'm curious, is the inmate in the visiting area before you get there or does he come out after you are already seated? Weird question I know.

Hi Dee, I know your post is old, but how was your flight out there? I am trying to visit my BF and have no idea how to do it. I have never traveled to PB to see him.

Thanks
Old 12-27-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te_extrano View Post
Hi there,

My boyfriend is at PB and I have never been there to visit him. I would have to fly, but don't know the in's and out's of how to go about this. I would have to go by plane because I work, but I understand the plane makes a stop at San Francisco then continues to Crescent City. Okay then what hotel do I get and how do I get to PB to see him?

Can anyone help me out. I would love to visit him the month of January 2013.

Thank you very much.
I'm from Riverside County and I've been up a few times already myself. I'm leaving tomorrow with some girls and we're not leaving Riverside Co. until after lunchtime. What time do you get off of work? I've always driven myself, from Lake Elsinore it takes about 14 hours. I've looked into flying but I'd rather take a Friday off of work and just drive there. I would get worried about flight delays and stuff like that. I know a girl who lives in LA and she flew up to Crescent City on a Friday evening because of work. She flew from LA into Medford, Oregon and then got a rental from the airport to Crescent City. I've always stayed at America's Best Value Inn but I know other women who stay at other local hotels and they're pretty much the same. Crescent City is a very small town (I'm from Orange County too) and all the hotels are very close in proximity. What yard will you visit? Is it general population or is your bf in SHU?
The Following User Says Thank You to oc~at~heart For This Useful Post:
Te_extrano (12-27-2012)
Old 12-27-2012, 11:21 PM

Default Need info on how to get to PB from LB, CA

Hi Everyone,
I have read some posts and see that driving is the cheapest way to get to PB, but I don't have the time for that with work. I have never been up to PB and need to know how to fly up there and then when I arrive where do I stay. Do they have shuttle busses from the hotel to PB.

My BF tells me to be careful if I would be going in this time of the year. I have been trying to google info on this for a while, but no info yet. We can only communicate through mail since he is at the SHU. Can someone help me with info on how to visit him way up there. I am coming from the Long Beach airport.

Thank you.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc~at~heart View Post
I'm from Riverside County and I've been up a few times already myself. I'm leaving tomorrow with some girls and we're not leaving Riverside Co. until after lunchtime. What time do you get off of work? I've always driven myself, from Lake Elsinore it takes about 14 hours. I've looked into flying but I'd rather take a Friday off of work and just drive there. I would get worried about flight delays and stuff like that. I know a girl who lives in LA and she flew up to Crescent City on a Friday evening because of work. She flew from LA into Medford, Oregon and then got a rental from the airport to Crescent City. I've always stayed at America's Best Value Inn but I know other women who stay at other local hotels and they're pretty much the same. Crescent City is a very small town (I'm from Orange County too) and all the hotels are very close in proximity. What yard will you visit? Is it general population or is your bf in SHU?
Hi,
Yes, my BF is in SHU. Wow! That means I should look up from LA to Medford. How can I get in touch with you if I have more questions? I didn't know you had replied and have just joined PT. I sure could use a friend here.

I am not working now, but will start a new job on Wed the 2nd of Jan. I had told him I would be there in the month of January, but it doesn't look like it. I know his heart will be broken. We will need to be patient.

Thank you so much for your response and information. I will work on this tonight.

Last edited by Te_extrano; 12-27-2012 at 11:33 PM..
Old 12-29-2012, 07:09 PM

Hey im new on PTO. I was wondering about shuttles to pbsp around crescent city? Or how much Is a taxi out there? Im planning on visiting my babe in february. And im also coming from Oakland, Ca and I was wondering if anyone has taken a bus out there and how is it if so? Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to SOLiD&FaiTHFUL For This Useful Post:
Dee186 (12-01-2015)
Closed Thread