Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)- California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)- California Topics and discussions specific to Pelican Bay State Prison located in Crescent City, California.

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 07:40 PM
G'z Sweetstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrcastillo View Post
My love is in the SHU as well... he said that they took pictures and he send it to his aunt to make copies and send them to everyone i haven't received it. Anyway, i sent him mail and it took forever for him to get it. I hope your visit went well. I was denied visitation so i have to go through the appeal process

WoW a pic from the SHU!!! This is great! Congratulations! LOL Now I wont have to look at my G when he was 20....
Old 03-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Default Pic from SHU

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertmoonwoman View Post
WoW a pic from the SHU!!! This is great! Congratulations! LOL Now I wont have to look at my G when he was 20....
Yep - a yearly pic was one of their "Core 5" demands....I got my pic around mid-February...but I've heard from others the inmate can choose when they want to have the pic taken...I've already made copies for me and given the original to his G-ma.......
Old 03-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Hi lrcastillo,

Sorry to say but my last visit was the worst one ever!!! What a dumb ass he is.. but anyways, I believe we're both over it now, putting that behind us and moving forward, I'd heard of others having bad visits, and I'd never had one till then, but guess it was just my turn

I'm sorry to hear about your visits being denied, and I wish you the best with your appeal...
Old 03-25-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavisLady
Hi lrcastillo,

Sorry to say but my last visit was the worst one ever!!! What a dumb ass he is.. but anyways, I believe we're both over it now, putting that behind us and moving forward, I'd heard of others having bad visits, and I'd never had one till then, but guess it was just my turn

I'm sorry to hear about your visits being denied, and I wish you the best with your appeal...
Am sorry to hear that, I hope you are doing better! Thank you for helping me with all the info, appreciate it very much :0)
Old 04-04-2012, 03:35 PM

My love is in the SHU at Pelican and I normally get mail from him almost daily and now I haven't received anything for almost a week. They must be lagging really bad. I regularly spray my letters with my different perfumes and he loves it! He says he rubs the letter on his pillow. But I'm getting worried because I haven't heard from my Easie! What do they mean when they get written up for bad mail? For kisses I had a rubber stamp made of my kiss and just stamp his letters with it...

Last edited by nattybug; 04-04-2012 at 03:36 PM..
Old 04-05-2012, 02:04 PM

How does one call PBSP to find out if anything about my friend? I still haven't heard from him and I'm trying so hard not to freak out.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:26 PM

My BF just transferred to PB and I was wondering if someone can help me with a question. I'm trying to get some paper, stamps, and envelopes ready to mail out to him so he can write me. I ordered prestamped envelopes from the post office today but then after I got home realized I got the ones that you just peel and stick to seal the envelope instead of the ones you have to wet. Are the ones that you peel off the sticker to seal admissable to send in a stationery package to my BF or does it have to be the old school envelopes that are licked to seal? Any info would help.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:41 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Default Mail supplies

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc~at~heart View Post
My BF just transferred to PB and I was wondering if someone can help me with a question. I'm trying to get some paper, stamps, and envelopes ready to mail out to him so he can write me. I ordered prestamped envelopes from the post office today but then after I got home realized I got the ones that you just peel and stick to seal the envelope instead of the ones you have to wet. Are the ones that you peel off the sticker to seal admissable to send in a stationery package to my BF or does it have to be the old school envelopes that are licked to seal? Any info would help.
I can only speak for SHU - it's only the lick & stick ones, no pre-glued allowed....(cuz u know just how scary glue can be! )
Old 04-20-2012, 01:13 PM
So*CaL BaByGiRl

I did the same thing and went to the post office to ask...they order their envelopes so if u need the lick and seal instead of.the.peel...just ask your post office to order the old ones or u can order them online. The peel n seal on the prestamped envelopes are new...
The Following User Says Thank You to HiZ*BaByGiRl For This Useful Post:
oc~at~heart (04-20-2012)
Old 04-24-2012, 05:56 AM
Is What He Calls Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc~at~heart
Gp can receive peel and stick envelopes, I buy them at the dollar store ;0)
The JOY of the LORD IS OUR STRENGTH
GOD BLESS US ALL
The Following User Says Thank You to MsBeautiful For This Useful Post:
oc~at~heart (04-27-2012)
Old 04-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Default Question Re: pics shu can receive

Hi Ladies,

Does anyone know what size pics shu can receive? Is it only 4 x 6? Or can they receive larger pics? I believe the max # they can receive is 20 per mailing, correct?

I'm thinking of getting those Boudoir pics done for my man's 40th b-day...hope the lady can perform some kind of miracle for me!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavisLady
Hi Ladies,

Does anyone know what size pics shu can receive? Is it only 4 x 6? Or can they receive larger pics? I believe the max # they can receive is 20 per mailing, correct?

I'm thinking of getting those Boudoir pics done for my man's 40th b-day...hope the lady can perform some kind of miracle for me!
My boyfriend has said 10 per enveloped but never mention about the size
Old 06-12-2012, 03:48 PM

Default A lil' bit stressed...

Okay, so last Thursday, my BF sent me a large envelope with a drawing in it, along with a long letter and some of his legal paperwork. The drawing he is sending me, is a drawing his celly did for him from Tehachapi (typical prison drawing). The same day he sent me that large envelope, he sent me another letter that was addressed to his friend. Yesterday, I got that letter to his friend, but not the large envelope with everything in it. Mail came today, and still no large envelope. Now my boyfriend is stressing, thinking the mailroom got rid of the envelope and everything in it, or he's stressing that they might be investigating it. I told him not to stress, that just because I got the one letter, doesn't mean the large envelope won't eventually get to me. Even if they did throw out the drawing wouldn't they still send me the letter and other paperwork? Now I'm stressing! I usually get letters by four days after he sends them....
Old 06-21-2012, 11:46 PM

Thanked 1,291 Times in 761 Posts

Hi PB ladies..

Quick ? ...

I have a p/p whos in the SHU ...

I THINK MAYBE POSSIBLY ... I put my school app instead of the letter in the envelop and sent it off!! It has my social and actual home address..

Do you think the mailroom possibly past it on to him?? I'm freaking out since my admin. called me and says she hasnt received it yet.. CRAP!!

Suggestions or advice?
Old 06-22-2012, 12:16 AM
G'z Sweetstuff

The mailroom would have no reason not to give him the application. I would send a postcard tomorrow asking him if he has the app and to please return it ASAP. I notice you you have been here for a while, and hopefully you have known this penpal and have faith in him. Good luck!
meximami707 (06-22-2012)
Old 06-22-2012, 12:50 AM

thanks for the reply.. PTO yeah hella long but the p/p umm maybe no more than 2 months thats why im like crap..
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertmoonwoman View Post
The mailroom would have no reason not to give him the application. I would send a postcard tomorrow asking him if he has the app and to please return it ASAP. I notice you you have been here for a while, and hopefully you have known this penpal and have faith in him. Good luck!
Old 06-22-2012, 01:29 AM
G'z Sweetstuff

Well, hope for the best. I would probably check with a credit company to make sure your card was not used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meximami707 View Post
thanks for the reply.. PTO yeah hella long but the p/p umm maybe no more than 2 months thats why im like crap..
meximami707 (06-22-2012)
Old 06-22-2012, 11:15 PM

i got a letter from him and he doesnt mention anything about getting something by mistake

so im assuming the school app got lost in the mail
Old 06-23-2012, 01:34 AM
G'z Sweetstuff

Let us hope that is the case...
Old 06-26-2012, 11:30 PM
So*CaL BaByGiRl

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc~at~heart View Post
Okay, so last Thursday, my BF sent me a large envelope with a drawing in it, along with a long letter and some of his legal paperwork. The drawing he is sending me, is a drawing his celly did for him from Tehachapi (typical prison drawing). The same day he sent me that large envelope, he sent me another letter that was addressed to his friend. Yesterday, I got that letter to his friend, but not the large envelope with everything in it. Mail came today, and still no large envelope. Now my boyfriend is stressing, thinking the mailroom got rid of the envelope and everything in it, or he's stressing that they might be investigating it. I told him not to stress, that just because I got the one letter, doesn't mean the large envelope won't eventually get to me. Even if they did throw out the drawing wouldn't they still send me the letter and other paperwork? Now I'm stressing! I usually get letters by four days after he sends them....
My honey sends me huge envelopes with my drawings all the time...and usually he will send a letter telling me he send them both out at the same time, different envelopes...he's in the shu, and i'll get the letter and no drawing..i'll write him back and tell him and he freaks out asking the co's if they took his mail for any reason...it's always no and it always comes either a day or a few days later....We have to face it...the mail sux! He writes me EVERY day...and now that we are down to days of him coming home, and mail is all we got...I haven't got crap in over a week. I'm flippin!!! But I know how much the mail sux and that this is what's to be expected....LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to HiZ*BaByGiRl For This Useful Post:
oc~at~heart (06-27-2012)
Old 07-17-2012, 12:50 PM
His ride or die chick!

One of my very good friends in in SHU, he got his mail fairly quick and I got his letters quick too and he just got there not to long ago...
Old 07-30-2012, 10:56 AM
His ride or die chick!

Default Shu?

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is anything going on at the prison. My friend is in SHU and its been a good while since he wrote me back and im worried now because he usually gets back real quick.;/
Old 07-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,943 Times in 2,166 Posts

Does he have writing materials?
Did you write more than once?Sometimes letters get lost in transit.
Have you written him while he was at PB shu?
Don't know about Pelican Bay but Corcoran shu mail is pretty slow.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:07 PM
His ride or die chick!

I have wrtten him twice and no response to both when before it was almost immedietley that he would reply. And yes this is writting him at the SHU. Im pretty sure he had writting materials because i would receive more than 1 letter a week so I am kinda worried, but maybe he just ran out. I am going to send him stuff. I just hope he is ok :/
Old 07-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,943 Times in 2,166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbsplus2 View Post
I have wrtten him twice and no response to both when before it was almost immedietley that he would reply. And yes this is writting him at the SHU. Im pretty sure he had writting materials because i would receive more than 1 letter a week so I am kinda worried, but maybe he just ran out. I am going to send him stuff. I just hope he is ok :/
If it has been a a few weeks I would check the inmate locator,perhaps he got lucky and got moved (not likley but I heard a few guys went to general population).
Hope you find him soon and all is well.