Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)- California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)- California Topics and discussions specific to Pelican Bay State Prison located in Crescent City, California.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&Loct15 View Post
have they responded to the counter proposal yet?
Hi there - sorry to say but I don't know.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2012, 12:46 AM
G'z Sweetstuff

I just received a letter from G, he had his review hearing and they have removed EVERYTHING from his cell except for clothing, bedding, and toiletries. He told me during the visit a few SHU guys were returned to mainline. I am praying... I guess they are reading our letters and looking at pics... at least I am not in Crescent City and having a guard come up to me in Safeway and say I look familiar...
Old 08-11-2012, 12:54 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,945 Times in 2,166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertmoonwoman View Post
I just received a letter from G, he had his review hearing and they have removed EVERYTHING from his cell except for clothing, bedding, and toiletries. He told me during the visit a few SHU guys were returned to mainline. I am praying... I guess they are reading our letters and looking at pics... at least I am not in Crescent City and having a guard come up to me in Safeway and say I look familiar...
Oh man.I'm praying along with you.
It is good news that some guys are getting out of there though I'm sure nobody is holding their breath.
Did you read my posting that Arizona is spending 50 million dollars over the next two years to build 500 more security housing beds?
Makes mewonder who they expect to be housing since they already have a lot of California inmates
Maybe they are just getting G. reviewed for potential release to gp
Old 08-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Quote:
Our prayers are with you both also my dear. I'm excited and scared for you, I'm sure you both as well as much more x1,000. I'm going to copy and print off this posting and mail to my man. See what he makes of it.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:59 PM
G'z Sweetstuff

Sad news, the 6 year review did not go well. He was clean except that another inmate had his name and CDC # in his cell. He will be sending me the formal paper and of course he will appeal this. Otherwise it is another 6 years... Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:12 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Sad news, the 6 year review did not go well. He was clean except that another inmate had his name and CDC # in his cell. He will be sending me the formal paper and of course he will appeal this. Otherwise it is another 6 years... Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

I'm SO sorry

It is so frustrating that they can be denied for something out of their control or for something innocent like an excahnge of reading materilas that are not gang related.

to CDC.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Quote:
Bad news indeed. This sucks, totally sucks. Sucks sucks sucks. Please keep us posted as to what happens.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:37 AM
G'z Sweetstuff

I realize I cannot stay frustrated and sad, those emotions are better used towards letter writing etc... Thank you for your kind words, both of you...
The Following User Says Thank You to desertmoonwoman For This Useful Post:
Sheryl P. (08-16-2012)
Old 08-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Donation Award 

Hello PT Family..

My friend was transferred week ago. Could you please tell me about there non-contact visiting.. Are they strict? Please fill me in.. Much appreciated.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:05 PM
G'z Sweetstuff

Quote:
I realize I cannot stay frustrated and sad, those emotions are better used towards letter writing etc... Thank you for your kind words, both of you...
Good News! This is why I do not like to dwell in frustration, that energy only sucks the life at of your soul and it would have been wasted. Apparently the information was from 2003 that was found against him. There is still the possibility of a SHU release!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Quote:
Good News! This is why I do not like to dwell in frustration, that energy only sucks the life at of your soul and it would have been wasted. Apparently the information was from 2003 that was found against him. There is still the possibility of a SHU release!
That is SO AWESOME to hear!!!! You know we're all rooting for you!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrlid1 View Post
Hello PT Family..

My friend was transferred week ago. Could you please tell me about there non-contact visiting.. Are they strict? Please fill me in.. Much appreciated.
Hello Cyblid,

Where is your friend at? GP, SHU or Ad Seg?
Old 08-23-2012, 05:52 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
That is good news!
I hope there is more good news to follow
Old 09-12-2012, 12:07 PM

I got a text today about a memo being passed around in the SHU..... CDC is dropping the Step Down program. They are gonna let the courts battle for it....
(speculation on my part and stated facts suspended because I know how some people get)
Old 09-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsScoops View Post
I got a text today about a memo being passed around in the SHU..... CDC is dropping the Step Down program. They are gonna let the courts battle for it....
(speculation on my part and stated facts suspended because I know how some people get)
Wow, I wonder what's really going on, as I got mail from my man who is in the SHU telling me they were all given memos on 9/3 outlining this step down program....first they had offically been told about it.
Seems our information is totally contradicting each other.......
Old 09-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavisLady View Post
Hello Cyblid,

Where is your friend at? GP, SHU or Ad Seg?
He's in the SHU. I've been receiving letters stating how strict they are.. At first He didn't want me to send photos.. Since He's been busted (2006) to present time, he hasn't received any write ups... They're trying to connect him to the M... Due to his name and address being in his ex-celly's address book.. His ex-celly got validated at another prison.. I think Tehachapi. My friend is 54, tired of prison bars.. Just wants to come home and be with his family for the remaining years he has left... I mean come on.. No write ups.. What the heck..
ju's wife (09-24-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrlid1 View Post
He's in the SHU. I've been receiving letters stating how strict they are.. At first He didn't want me to send photos.. Since He's been busted (2006) to present time, he hasn't received any write ups... They're trying to connect him to the M... Due to his name and address being in his ex-celly's address book.. His ex-celly got validated at another prison.. I think Tehachapi. My friend is 54, tired of prison bars.. Just wants to come home and be with his family for the remaining years he has left... I mean come on.. No write ups.. What the heck..
Hi Cybrlid,

I don't believe Pelican Bay is any more strict than other prisons, maybe the metal detector is that you have to do thru. Just try to wear ZERO metal......I've even set it off with absolutly ZERO metal.....I mean a pull on skirt, sweater and work out bra (the kind where even the straps are not adjustable), so I have no idea what's up with that machine. The usual of no blue, orange or green applies. No cammo prints either.

SHU visits are about 1 hour 20 mins, you have to call for an appt the week before you visit on the weekends. Example, if I was going tomorrow I'd have called this last Monday. There are 3 diferent SHU visiting times and that will depend on where your man is housed. They can tell you his visit time when you call (707-465-1000 x5425) You get to the prison about 1/2 hour before the visiting process begins - example, I get there at 8am and they start processing us in around 8.30am (first visit of the day, my man is in "D" block). By the time we've gone thru the metal detector, gone on the crazy bus ride (you will see what I mean) and checked in at the other end it's often 9am ..... we are lucky if we get all that done by 8.45am. Our visit ends at 10.20am. On the up side, I've never seen all the SHU booths full, but 3-day visiting weeekends are usually the most busy.

If you need any more info just post again or PM me if you like.

Best wishes to us all and especially our men inside!

Last edited by JavisLady; 09-14-2012 at 12:32 PM..
Old 09-28-2012, 02:53 PM
His ride or die chick!

My good friend is in the SHU at PBSP, so the step down program is a no go huh? My poor friend He got validated as an asste and hes been in SHU for 3yrs this Jan. He sees committee on Sept 2014, but has no high hopes that sux!!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:56 PM
G'z Sweetstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbsplus2 View Post
My good friend is in the SHU at PBSP, so the step down program is a no go huh? My poor friend He got validated as an asste and hes been in SHU for 3yrs this Jan. He sees committee on Sept 2014, but has no high hopes that sux!!
The system has its ups and downs. The only advice I can give you is to NEVER give up Hope, once you give that up, the system wins. I hope you have read my posts above yours... G has been there for 13 years in the SHU, and we are awaiting papers for him to be released without debriefing, without the Step Down Program. If your friend beliebes he is not getting out, then that is exactly what will happen. He needs to believe in himself first.
gabbsplus2 (10-01-2012)
Old 09-29-2012, 04:53 AM
Donation Award 

I read that they gave yet another revised step down and that it is not good.It actually opens the door for more validations for men who are not involved with the main prison gangs that are currently being validated.
I read a paper that Amnesty Internation put out and in it they say that CDC shu is what amounts to human rights violations and set out a proposal for improving some of the current conditions in shu.They said even max. security Fed. inmates get calls home every omnth,etc...and wanted some improvement of conditions.
Lets see how much anyone in charge cares.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Default Shut time?

Quote:
I always thought SHU terms were in increments of 6 years, unless the inmate has an "out" date before that. Am I confused again???
Old 09-29-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
My hubby was just validated in January, and is awaiting transfer to a SHU facility, either Pelican Bay or Corcoran, but there are no available beds, so he's stuck in Susanville for the time being. I just got a letter and he was all excited about the step down program, as he's supposed to get out next April, but if that doesn't happen, he's gonna max out his time, and not get out till 2014
Old 09-29-2012, 09:03 PM
G'z Sweetstuff

If he has an out date he will be released. The program is for those with indeterminate sentences, like 25 to Life
gabbsplus2 (10-01-2012)
Old 09-29-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
If he has an out date he will be released. The program is for those with indeterminate sentences, like 25 to Life
That's the impression I was under as well, but when I called up there after he was validated, I was told that April 2013 was his "earliest possible release date" and that because now he's been validated, he will lose all his good time and more than likely max out his time, which would be until 2014.... I'm very confused by all this
Old 09-29-2012, 10:44 PM
G'z Sweetstuff

He may have had time added, however if he has an out date and it is 2014 consider yourself lucky, some have been there 25 years. If you are going to do time with him, then you need to ask him to explain what his sentence is, and read his papers, otherwise you may be in for a looong ride.
Diablo'sWifey (10-09-2012)