Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arizona.

Old 01-07-2018, 03:23 PM

Default Tucson Santa Rita Unit: Can they make calls? Receive mail?

This past July, my boyfriend got in trouble in his unit, and they moved him to the santa rita unit, and since he's been moved to this unit, I haven't gotten a phone call from him.

I was wondering if anyone knew about the inmates who get transferred to here? Are they sent here when they get in trouble? Are they not allowed to make phones here if they're in trouble? And if so, how long are they usually locked down like that? He got into a lot of trouble, which is why they transferred him.

Lastly, If they aren't allowed to make phone calls, are they allowed to get letters.

I appreciate all responses to this message, and I hope someone still reads this thread.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2018, 04:06 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,979 Times in 15,126 Posts

I've moved your post and given you your own thread I'm not familiar with that facility, but I would think your boyfriend would still be able to receive mail. Keep writing! As for the phone, he may have lost phone privileges....but as long as he has writing supplies he should be able to write to you. W/o money on his books, he should at least get indigent envelopes, stamps (at least in Ky they just a handful a month).

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 01-07-2018, 09:55 PM

It’s not a lockdown disciplinary type unit like you are describing - my guy was there until he dropped from med to min and wished he was back there bc he misses it and really did well there and liked it. So if no calls it’s prob a loss of privs (so no calls) bc they have lots of phones he said - and he said it reminded him of like a hotel where it’s two men to a cell it’s more like rooms then cells and they open up to the outside kind of like those cheap roadside hotels he would say. The visit room was small so was bad on food visits bc filled up but if u live close it’s an ihp yard so they have additional privs if your guy has not lost his and they have additional food visits on certain mondays and thy get other incentives too at times so it’s not a bad place he liked it a lot and misses that yard
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-08-2018), Sarianna (01-08-2018)
Old 01-07-2018, 10:27 PM

Default Thank you!!

Thank you so much for your response, I appreciate it. He got into a lot of trouble, and his "disciplinary infractions" that go him moved their were really bad. I'm guessing he is on LOP, but it's been 8 months, I didn't know they could have someone on LOP for that long.

Again, Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to Janedoe052912 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-08-2018)
Old 01-08-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janedoe052912 View Post
Thank you so much for your response, I appreciate it. He got into a lot of trouble, and his "disciplinary infractions" that go him moved their were really bad. I'm guessing he is on LOP, but it's been 8 months, I didn't know they could have someone on LOP for that long.

Again, Thank you
Sadly they can lose phone and visits for very long sometimes permanently - it depends on how many infractions and the time frame in which they occurred. I donít agree personally w them losing those things for so long and for sure not for good but I learned on here it happens and then from my guy and I checked it w staff - it starts w like 3O days then builds from there but can go for good sadly. But mail they never lose just make sure that he has money for envelopes paper and pen and stuff - and you can always call and check w staff if heís on loP and how long it is they will tell you so that you donít drive there for a visit and get turned away tell them thatís why you are asking... they will tell you how long you just ask for his co3 or visitation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (01-08-2018), patchouli (01-08-2018)