Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Indiana Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 05-24-2019, 12:07 AM

Default Issue with returned mail

We are on our family member's call and visit list. 4 of us have sent in our applications to visit at Rockville. 2 of the applications have been returned unopened and stamped "Refused, Return to Sender, No offender number or name", the other 2 have not heard anything yet. Both returned applications to visit were addressed to the "Counselor of (Dorm #) Housing Unit", per application instructions. What's going on up there in the mail room? Is this a common issue? This is upsetting as it took 10 days for us to learn that it was not even accepted and only then when we received it as refused/returned mail. This has resulted in significant delay in visiting our loved one since the applications now have to be sent again with no guarantee it won't be returned again. Anybody else having same issues?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2019, 12:10 AM

Sorry, I thought I posted this in the Jail visitation forum. Administrator feel free to move if needed.
Old 05-26-2019, 03:14 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,135 Times in 15,545 Posts

You might try calling the facility to ask what happened. Maybe they can explain it.

Im not familiar with IN prison in's and out's but hopefully someone will come along who knows better to explain.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
GingerM (05-26-2019)
Old 05-28-2019, 02:16 PM
Donation Award 

So in all these years I only had positive experiences with the mailroom. When it comes to applications, then one addresses that normal to the Inmate. The mailroom usually forwards it to the caseworker. It is helpful to mention the name of Caseworker in a cover letter. That's how I did it. In advance, I spoke with my friend. So name, inmate number and dorm (housing unit) are needed in the address. Because if there are questions your friend can ask the caseworker and is able to give you the information. That's how I have always done that, and I have only positive experiences. And at the same time your friend must put you on the visitors list only then the request is also processed. So the easiest way is always ask your friend through a GTL email and she should be able to help you. I really can say from my side the mailroom worked fast.

Last edited by mauri23; 05-28-2019 at 02:19 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mauri23 For This Useful Post:
Du5t1n812 (05-29-2019), GingerM (05-29-2019)