Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Parole, Probation & Release All information relating to parole, probation or release in Colorado should be posted here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-09-2019, 01:37 PM
Waitingforhim43 Waitingforhim43 is offline
Waitingforhim
 

Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default How long does it take to get dress outs when approved for Half way house?

Hi,

So my man is in the Delta Colorado Corrections and he has been accepted to the halfway house and we are now going on 13 weeks since he's been accepted I have tried to call to see when or if they have a specific date because he's getting concerned about it, which, of course, makes me worried. How long does it usually take for them to get dress outs when they get accepted? If anyone can answer this I would greatly appreciate it. I'm probably just being overly concerned for no reason but sometimes I can't help it, I'm anxious for him to be out and doing good. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help answer this question for me.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 09-09-2019, 05:33 PM
nancyginnm's Avatar
nancyginnm nancyginnm is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NM
Posts: 1,031
Thanks: 683
Thanked 772 Times in 395 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitingforhim43 View Post
Hi,

So my man is in the Delta Colorado Corrections and he has been accepted to the halfway house and we are now going on 13 weeks since he's been accepted I have tried to call to see when or if they have a specific date because he's getting concerned about it, which, of course, makes me worried. How long does it usually take for them to get dress outs when they get accepted? If anyone can answer this I would greatly appreciate it. I'm probably just being overly concerned for no reason but sometimes I can't help it, I'm anxious for him to be out and doing good. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help answer this question for me.
Hi. I have two friends whose husband's were recently moved to HWH. One from Camp George West and one from Rifle. From the time of acceptance it took them 8 weeks and 10 weeks respectively to be moved to their HWH.

13 weeks does sound a bit excessive. It depends on what county. Some have longer wait lists then others. Is he trying for Denver by chance?
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-11-2019, 09:55 AM
Waitingforhim43 Waitingforhim43 is offline
Waitingforhim
 

Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
Hi. I have two friends whose husband's were recently moved to HWH. One from Camp George West and one from Rifle. From the time of acceptance it took them 8 weeks and 10 weeks respectively to be moved to their HWH.

13 weeks does sound a bit excessive. It depends on what county. Some have longer wait lists then others. Is he trying for Denver by chance?
So he isn't trying for Denver we are pretty sure he it will be around Commerce City (Adams County). I think it's more the anticipation than anything. I'm hoping to hear from him this week to let me know he got his dress outs. I'm trying to keep everything moving here for the kids and I and keep him calm and grounded. I know he's anxious and has all those emotions going on which sometimes rubs off on me and then I get worried. I'm sure it's not the first time you heard that right?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Waitingforhim43 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-11-2019)
  #4  
Old 09-11-2019, 11:30 AM
nancyginnm's Avatar
nancyginnm nancyginnm is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NM
Posts: 1,031
Thanks: 683
Thanked 772 Times in 395 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitingforhim43 View Post
So he isn't trying for Denver we are pretty sure he it will be around Commerce City (Adams County). I think it's more the anticipation than anything. I'm hoping to hear from him this week to let me know he got his dress outs. I'm trying to keep everything moving here for the kids and I and keep him calm and grounded. I know he's anxious and has all those emotions going on which sometimes rubs off on me and then I get worried. I'm sure it's not the first time you heard that right?
Has he already been approved by the HWH? If he has, you can call the HWH and see what # he is on the list. The HWH in Adams has both males and females so they may say he is #10 on the list but there are 3 females so he'd most likely be #7 on the list.

Keep in mind that there is a huge shake up of HWH in Denver so they are trying to place those residents in other HWH across the state.
__________________


Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-11-2019)
  #5  
Old 09-11-2019, 06:09 PM
Waitingforhim43 Waitingforhim43 is offline
Waitingforhim
 

Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
Has he already been approved by the HWH? If he has, you can call the HWH and see what # he is on the list. The HWH in Adams has both males and females so they may say he is #10 on the list but there are 3 females so he'd most likely be #7 on the list.

Keep in mind that there is a huge shake up of HWH in Denver so they are trying to place those residents in other HWH across the state.
Ohhh, okay, that's what's going on. I had heard something was going on, but the girl at the HWH didn't go into too much detail, she just said they would get to him as soon as they could and apologized because she said she knew how frustrating it could be to be told you had been accepted and then the hurry up and wait starts. At the moment it's all we can think about, so the anticipation and frustration sets in and then he starts worrying. You don't know how much I appreciate your feedback on this, it really helps when I have information I can work with and something I can tell him when he calls. I keep telling him to keep calm and try and be patient althought I know it's hard at the moment. So thank you so much.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-11-2019, 06:35 PM
nancyginnm's Avatar
nancyginnm nancyginnm is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NM
Posts: 1,031
Thanks: 683
Thanked 772 Times in 395 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitingforhim43 View Post
So he isn't trying for Denver we are pretty sure he it will be around Commerce City (Adams County). I think it's more the anticipation than anything. I'm hoping to hear from him this week to let me know he got his dress outs. I'm trying to keep everything moving here for the kids and I and keep him calm and grounded. I know he's anxious and has all those emotions going on which sometimes rubs off on me and then I get worried. I'm sure it's not the first time you heard that right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitingforhim43 View Post
Ohhh, okay, that's what's going on. I had heard something was going on, but the girl at the HWH didn't go into too much detail, she just said they would get to him as soon as they could and apologized because she said she knew how frustrating it could be to be told you had been accepted and then the hurry up and wait starts. At the moment it's all we can think about, so the anticipation and frustration sets in and then he starts worrying. You don't know how much I appreciate your feedback on this, it really helps when I have information I can work with and something I can tell him when he calls. I keep telling him to keep calm and try and be patient althought I know it's hard at the moment. So thank you so much.
The whole DOC process is frustrating. Fortunately, I have met alot of good people through the years so I've gained alot of information. as far as dress out, I'm pretty sure they have to dress out in doc clothing until they arrive at the halfway house. some facilities will hold clothing in the property room until they leave, but the offender will not get them until he has been released. They have to have greens when they get to cell house 5 so I'm pretty sure that they don't dress them out at the facility.
__________________


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got him approved for the Half Way House shorty769 Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service 8 03-02-2009 06:10 AM
Half-way house denied after being approved Capribry Federal Probation, Supervised Release, Halfway House and Community Supervision 5 05-24-2008 04:58 PM
How long does it take to process dress outs? bigmp GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions 1 02-22-2008 06:09 PM
Dress Outs...So long Corcoran Bubsmom California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility, Corcoran (SATF) 54 05-11-2006 12:47 AM
PLEASE How long till you know if approved (home plan from half way house) snuggles21777 Probation, Parole & Supervision 3 03-22-2006 11:14 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:54 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics