Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 02-14-2019, 12:43 PM

Default Loss of privileges after a 115. What's the "normal" time line?

Wondering if anyone has had experience with loss of privileges after a 115 write up.. my friend had his hearing, and they took his yard time and packages for 30 days, visiting for 90. They also told him after 90 days, his visits will be behind glass for another 90 days. I know they can do what they want, and it could be far worse... just didn't know if this was the normal flow.
The Following User Says Thank You to spunkylark For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-14-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2019, 01:24 PM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,182 Times in 1,840 Posts

Yes, have experienced this in the past, a 115, a hearing and the consequent loss of privileges. While I do not know what your friend's write-up is for...you can see different regulations and loss of privileges for breaking those in Title15 if you are interested in checking. Sorry I don't remember which Chapter and Article it was, but hopefully when you read through the Table of Contents it stands out for you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-14-2019), Patrickj (02-14-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 04:48 PM

Thank you so much. I did look through Title 15, and found what I was looking for.
Sarianna (02-15-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 06:10 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,413 Times in 1,070 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkylark View Post
Wondering if anyone has had experience with loss of privileges after a 115 write up.. my friend had his hearing, and they took his yard time and packages for 30 days, visiting for 90. They also told him after 90 days, his visits will be behind glass for another 90 days. I know they can do what they want, and it could be far worse... just didn't know if this was the normal flow.

From the out come of this 115 hearing sounds to me this was a visiting related 115. This is one of CDCR options when it comes to a visiting related 115 and what the 115 was for. Not knowing what offense level this 115 is for any credit forfeiture may be able to get back after so much disciplinary free time

I received a work related 115 while I was inside was reassigned to C- status for 30 days lost thirty days credit. which were restored after a certain amount of disciplinary free time. Other 115s I wasn't as lucky on credit restoration
Sarianna (02-15-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 11:46 AM

Thanked 1,398 Times in 578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkylark View Post
I know they can do what they want, and it could be far worse... just didn't know if this was the normal flow.
In reality, they can't just do what they want, they have to follow Title 15 regulations which Sarianna pointed out. The problem is sometimes CDCR personnel do what they want anyway in excess of or in violation of Title 15.

He - and you - can fight through 602 appeal and other means. If you really feel it is out of line with regulations and worth the fight. If it is not egregious, I'd go with the flow. The 90 and 90 day visiting restriction falls within guidelines of some violations. I've been through that, it sucks but will be over soon enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (02-16-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickj View Post

From the out come of this 115 hearing sounds to me this was a visiting related 115. This is one of CDCR options when it comes to a visiting related 115 and what the 115 was for. Not knowing what offense level this 115 is for any credit forfeiture may be able to get back after so much disciplinary free time

I received a work related 115 while I was inside was reassigned to C- status for 30 days lost thirty days credit. which were restored after a certain amount of disciplinary free time. Other 115s I wasn't as lucky on credit restoration

This was not for a visiting related issue. This had to do with something that occurred when he was at CIM last summer, and just caught up to him. Happy to report that the Lt spoke to him a few days after the hearing, and told him that it would only be a loss of visits for 90 days. It's nice to know that there are actually some decent people inside.
Sarianna (02-19-2019)