Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Pets & Animal Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pets & Animal Discussions Man of us have furry (or other) loved ones at home with us. Please use this forum to talk about anything and everything relating to them, hobbies relating to them, etc.

Old 02-09-2006, 09:49 AM

February 9, 2006
Today I lost my sweet little baby, my 18 year old puppy Sydnee. She suffered a stroke in the early morning hours and between that and all of her other health problems, I made the decision to let her go. She was a pound puppy, the only girl in a big litter of brothers. On our way home from the pound, she got sick from the flea medicine they gave her and threw up all over me. Back then she was so little, just the size to cup in your hands. She grew up to be a 13 pound ball of energy and attitude and love. I am beyond blessed that she came into my world and liked it well enough to stay as long as she did. She waited at the window for me whenever I left, whether it was to go to work all day or to run to the grocery store for milk quick. She slept beside me every night and had this sweet, soft little snore. I don't know what to do without her. She went very quickly, within seconds of the doctor medicating her. I feel lucky to have been there with her, telling her how much I love her and holding and kissing her. Syd, I love you and I miss you and I can't wait to see your funny little face again.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,023 Times in 7,142 Posts

...And today, I had to send my beloved Mr. Whittens on to wait for me by that bridge...Oh, god, tell me they have catnip and half & half.... He hasn't even been gone 3 hours and I miss him so much.

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Gone Crazy, back later
Donation Award 

Unhappy Here i am again ~ RIP Spazzy aka Peachy, Rose

This morning at 1:20a i was awoken by my daughter who said I think Spazzy's gone.

Spazzy had fallen off of the balcony a week ago & showed no signs of injury.

On easter she started crying a lot. Then monday she stayed on the couch unless she had to go to the bathroom & at night when kiddo would take her to bed with her. Because we knew she was dying & wanted to spend every moment we could with her.

Kiddo didnt want to go to the vet because wanted Spazzy to go on her own & not be forced.

Every since Spazzy started the crying my daughter would tell her its ok to go towards the light & that she would feel better once she got there. My daughter told her that its ok & that my daughter would see her soon.

Last night my daughter wanted to leave her on the couch because she looked so peaceful.

Then i was awoken. My daughter told me this morning that Spazzy came in her room & jumped on her bed, howled a couple of times & laid down & went to sleep, permanently.

Spazzy looked so peaceful on my daughters bed & it was heartbreaking to see my daughter there trying to wake her.

I told her Spazzy came in to say bye to her, that she would see us later & that she finally found that light.

After we moved Spazzy to prep her for my moms we went back to sleep for a bit.

Our other cat came in my room & jumped on the bed & wouldnt leave (this is unusal for him). I finally pushed him off & told him i appreciated it but he needs to be with kiddo because she needs him more.

Kiddo got Spazzy for her first birthday from my mom. Spazzy was kiddos very first pet.

Spazzy was 8 1/2yrs old.

RIP Spazzy aka Peachy, Rose

9/97 - 4/19/06

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamered
I have seen this poem/story/saying so many times.... It never gets any easier.
Quote:
Last night we had to put down our 2 babys, they were 10 months old. The vet couldnt figure out what happened to them.

Now i have them, but i also have my very first cat, stubby, my sisters cats lisa & boinka, my rabbit sam, a pet rat, several fish, some more of cats wildspirit, saffire & chatter, & then there is our chameleon sarah, another one of my family cats nusence, onica, fluffy, a dog named riley, several unnamed kittens, an older cat named pepper.
I hope i included & remembered everyone. If i didnt, it doesnt mean that they are not in our family's heart.

"Never make somebody your
everything
cause when they're gone you've got
nothing"
=^..^=

Last edited by flamered; 04-19-2006 at 10:57 AM..
Old 04-21-2006, 12:19 PM
Gone Crazy, back later
Donation Award 

I also must not forget 4 of my daughters hermit crabs:

freaky, yellow, peaka, brownie

Quote:
This morning at 1:20a i was awoken by my daughter who said I think Spazzy's gone.

Spazzy had fallen off of the balcony a week ago & showed no signs of injury.

On easter she started crying a lot. Then monday she stayed on the couch unless she had to go to the bathroom & at night when kiddo would take her to bed with her. Because we knew she was dying & wanted to spend every moment we could with her.

Kiddo didnt want to go to the vet because wanted Spazzy to go on her own & not be forced.

Every since Spazzy started the crying my daughter would tell her its ok to go towards the light & that she would feel better once she got there. My daughter told her that its ok & that my daughter would see her soon.

Last night my daughter wanted to leave her on the couch because she looked so peaceful.

Then i was awoken. My daughter told me this morning that Spazzy came in her room & jumped on her bed, howled a couple of times & laid down & went to sleep, permanently.

Spazzy looked so peaceful on my daughters bed & it was heartbreaking to see my daughter there trying to wake her.

I told her Spazzy came in to say bye to her, that she would see us later & that she finally found that light.

After we moved Spazzy to prep her for my moms we went back to sleep for a bit.

Our other cat came in my room & jumped on the bed & wouldnt leave (this is unusal for him). I finally pushed him off & told him i appreciated it but he needs to be with kiddo because she needs him more.

Kiddo got Spazzy for her first birthday from my mom. Spazzy was kiddos very first pet.

Spazzy was 8 1/2yrs old.

RIP Spazzy aka Peachy, Rose

9/97 - 4/19/06
Quote:
I have seen this poem/story/saying so many times.... It never gets any easier.

Last night we had to put down our 2 babys, they were 10 months old. The vet couldnt figure out what happened to them.

Now i have them, but i also have my very first cat, stubby, my sisters cats lisa & boinka, my rabbit sam, a pet rat, several fish, some more of cats wildspirit, saffire & chatter, & then there is our chameleon sarah, another one of my family cats nusence, onica, fluffy, a dog named riley, several unnamed kittens, an older cat named pepper.

I hope i included & remembered everyone. If i didnt, it doesnt mean that they are not in our family's heart.

everything
nothing"
=^..^=

Last edited by flamered; 04-21-2006 at 12:23 PM..
Old 07-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Todd's Lunatic

Default Not sure what to say.

I don't know what to tell you about your poor kitty. My Cougar (male cat) had an older brother, Clarence, who he thought was his mommy. I got rid of Clarence because he peed everywhere. I thought a replacement cat was a good idea, but he had never come to like her and it's been at least 5 years. He started spraying after I got the female cat, very detached, split personality, and he's still mean to her. He rubs up on her all nice and then turns around and swats her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeannii
My sweet little tiger kitty unexpectedly died Friday morning. She was a healthy 2 year old mackerel tabby that had no name because I never quiet found one that fit her good enough. She though her name was 'pretty girl' since that's what she learned to come to. The vet said the cause of death was a sever stomach infection however the reason for it is quite a mystery to him since both are strictly indoor kitties. Not only am I missing my lil girl but my Bela (male) has been running a fever and is on antibiotics. I feel so bad for him because he's lonely and not feeling well either. Anyone know once he's better should I get him a playmate right away or does he need some time to adjust to her being gone? Mommas a little worried about him .
Old 08-28-2006, 08:42 AM
Account Closed

Yesterday my 2 Toy Poodles were poisoned. The baby Molly who was only 6 months old and full of energy started having seizures and passed with in 15 min. Her Mom Missy started having seizures and was rushed to the Vets office. ON the way there Missy passed but was brought back by quick thinking on my girly girl sisters part. SHE GAVE MY BABY mouth to snout resuscitation but the sad part is Missy was 2 weeks away from delivering her 2nd set of puppies and we dont know if they will make it. Im so heart broken I dont know what to do but sit and cry. I miss Molly with her lil stump going 90 to nothing all the time and just sitting there staring at me like "Wheres the treats at woman! You know I cant get them myself. How dare you ignore me. HEY! You I'm sitting here doing every single one of my tricks and you aint looking at me!"

th_DSCF0397.jpg

REST IN PEACE MOLLY 2/28/06-08/27/06

Last edited by butchies_girl; 08-28-2006 at 09:22 AM..
Old 08-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Waiting on my best friend

I'm soo sorry about your baby butchies girl.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:10 PM

There is a picture of my faith. The picture was taken a few yrs ago. With my dog timer. That is when timber was not chaseing her all the time. I saved faith she was an outside cat they didnt think she could be an inside cat. I had her almost 4 yrs. She was my baby and the greatest cat. Would sleep with and almost kick me out of the bed the way she slept. I miss her so much. I am working on getting another one but wont compare to my faith.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg timber and faith1.jpg (61.8 KB, 120 views)
Old 11-10-2006, 09:01 PM

AWWWWWWWWWWW Faith will be well missed. Its not going to be the same! She was a sweet cat. It took her a few times to warm up to me..but than after that..I couldnt get her away from me! Ang...I know faith is watching down on you.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:22 AM
so close yet so far away

Smile

omg i know what you mean this is such a beautiful poem this is the first thing i got when i had to put my rat to sleep and when i put my dog to sleep we got him cemated and we got this poem with his name on it and it really touches my heart... you can also get a lot of other poems like this that will make you cry if u just look on the internet... i made a photo album for my old dog bandit and i had a lot of the poems in it and at the begining i have the rainbow bridge poem with a picutre of him when he was a puppy and when he got older
Old 01-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Gone Crazy, back later
Donation Award 

Smile r.i.p. jerry 1/7/07

We now have yet another pet awaiting us at the bridge.

On sunday the very feisty half of our tom & jerry died.

We do not know how old he was. We rescued them from freecycle.

My kiddo had always wanted hamsters & this was our chance.

They were twin dwarf hamsters, we couldnt tell them apart. We had to keep them in separate living quarters because jerry loved a good fight.

I was playing around toms cage then went to joke with jerry & he did not respond. My kiddo tried to wake him as well, even picking him up & talking to him.

It was too late, he was already gone. Though just hours before he was his usually feisty self.

Since we dont know how old he was, we assume it was old age that took him. Since we fed him & his brother the same food, use the same bedding & water for both of them.

He will be truly missed, because now we have Tom, but no Jerry.

everything
nothing"
=^..^=

Old 01-28-2007, 02:19 PM
Gone Crazy, back later
Donation Award 

Smile r.i.p. tom 1/28/07

My daughter just found tom gone. His story is the same as jerry's.

We now have no tom or jerry.

They are now back together.

r.i.p. tom

Quote:
We now have yet another pet awaiting us at the bridge.

On sunday the very feisty half of our tom & jerry died.

We do not know how old he was. We rescued them from freecycle.

My kiddo had always wanted hamsters & this was our chance.

They were twin dwarf hamsters, we couldnt tell them apart. We had to keep them in separate living quarters because jerry loved a good fight.

I was playing around toms cage then went to joke with jerry & he did not respond. My kiddo tried to wake him as well, even picking him up & talking to him.

It was too late, he was already gone. Though just hours before he was his usually feisty self.

Since we dont know how old he was, we assume it was old age that took him. Since we fed him & his brother the same food, use the same bedding & water for both of them.

He will be truly missed, because now we have Tom, but no Jerry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P7050262.JPG (83.9 KB, 107 views)

everything
nothing"
=^..^=

Old 01-29-2007, 04:20 AM

Hello there!

I just wanted to say I understand how hard it is to loose a furry friend. It's been 8mo's since my cat "thor" passed on and it still hurts my heart.
My thoughts are with you and your daughter.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:56 AM
Gone Crazy, back later
Donation Award 

Smile R.I.P. Elizabeth 1/97 - 3/28/07

Though we only had her for 2 months she touched our lives.

We adopted through a clinic that helps low income people.

She was 10, had been homeless & abandoned.

She was blind, deaf & had no teeth.

We took her back to these people & they suggested we put her down.

She hadnt been eating, barely drinking & not moving for a couple of weeks.

She was dehydrated & had blood in her eyes. She had some disease or condition that we were unaware of when we got her.

We came home wednesday to find that she had passed.

We are glad to have made an old gals last few months as best as they could have been.

She had a very loving human & furry family.

We will not forget her.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ElizabethCloud.jpg (45.9 KB, 110 views)

everything
nothing"
=^..^=

Old 03-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Meow!

Oh, bumping this with tears in my eyes of my little Duchess. My God, 3 years have passed 3 years, and my heart still hurts. I love you Duchess, momma still loves you.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Former Moderator
Donation Award 

My Sassy went to the bridge today. Her Granny Dragon will be with her till I can get there to her.
Live as if you'll die today
~James Dean~
Old 05-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Banned

Default Alex over the Rainbow Bridge

Fur moms and dads,

I lost my fur baby Alex at 2:30 am Sunday morning, Mother's Day. 18 1/2 years young but with challenges, he was my love and joy. We rescued him when he was 2 1/2 and he gave 16 years to us of more than we could have ever imagined. Love, laughter, play time, challenges, problems, comfort, companionship and more.

Just when I think I can't cry anymore, I'm a fountain again.

Wrecked.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:37 AM
Account Closed

Our poor little Gemma, she was a fighter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gemmaa.jpg (47.9 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg Gemmac.jpg (44.3 KB, 107 views)
Old 09-23-2008, 06:09 PM

As always PTO saves me. My heart is broke and I can't stop crying. My little baby passed Sunday. She was 22 years old, she owned me for the past 15 years. She was an abused little girl. When she was 15 we found out she had cancer. Everyone said put her to sleep. But I just couldn't. SHE SURVIVED with chemo. I had her for another 7 years. Finally Sunday her old body gave out. I miss her so. She was so little. In her heyday she never weighted more than 6.5 pounds. A proper little lady she was, very proud. I love Maddie--wait for me!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottn View Post
This thread is for all of us who want to remember a family pet. Please post a little bit about that special one that is waiting for you at the bridge.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers.
Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together........
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....... Now I'm gonna cry!
Old 11-24-2008, 05:46 PM
I like froggies!!!

Mimi #2 scampered over the rainbow bridge on sunday.....

& i have a feeling Fifi #2 will be joining her shortly....:sad&blue :
Old 01-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Gone Crazy, back later
Donation Award 

Unhappy

Quote:
Mimi #2 scampered over the rainbow bridge on sunday.....

& i have a feeling Fifi #2 will be joining her shortly....:sad&blue :
Fifi #2 joined her sisters on Sunday the 25th

everything
nothing"
=^..^=

Old 04-05-2009, 05:23 PM

....awwww rainbow bridge brings me memories..when i had to put my dog Titus down last year I bawled..i got him cremated and on the bag he came in the rainbow bridge poem was on there and on the red velvet bag said "until we meet again at the rainbow bridge" I miss him so much...truly when your that close to an animal its like losing a friend..a true friend..one thats irreplaceable..god bless all those who have lost a pet, and god bless those that have pets currently and hope that they all are in good health..i wish i could save all the animals that need care and love..i wish i was superwoman!!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caring4U View Post

When I woke up this morning I knew that this would be the last day I would get to spend with Duchess. She was suffering and I knew in my heart this would be it. I came home from work, and sure enough, even though she was weak she greeted me at the door of the laundry room. She would sleep the afternoon away on the ottoman in the living room. I could always see her sitting up when I drove up in the driveway and then she would run to the door to great me.

I spent the afternoon holding her a lot and kissing and hugging her and telling her how much I loved her. I got her to eat some chicken, just a little bit, and I opened up a can of people tuna so she could drink some of the sauce, which she did. She wanted to go outside so I let her out for a little bit. She walked around the yard. It was cloudy out but she got some rays of sunshine. There were birds on the other side of the fence and she watched them for a bit. I picked her up so she could see better over the fence.

When I brought her inside I held her some more and then I brushed her and she purred. She always had such a really loud purr, but this one was soft. She was happy getting brushed. It made her feel good and she looked so pretty afterwards. When we were done I took two pictures of her looking so pretty. I saved the hair in the brush and hugged her and held her some more.

Her appointment was at 4:20 so we left the house about 4. At the vet I held her for a long time. It was so special that as I was holding her and talking to her and telling her how much I loved her, the sun came out brightly shining into the window of the back room where we would put her to sleep. It had been cloudy all day but that moment her face faced the sunshine for awhile. I told her that was God sending his light for her and I promised her that Kitty and Brandy would be there waiting for her when she arrived in Heaven. That she wouldn't be alone when she gets there. I promised her that one day we would all be together again.

We laid her down on a pink towel and I was holding her head in my hand. She did not fight or struggle as she was too tired to fight. It was her time and she was content. Her head fell softly into my hand and she was gone. I cried a lot and my vet gave me a hug and reassured me that I always did what was right and always took good care of her. He told me that these tumors were beyond my control.

The emptiness in the house now is unbearable. There is till chicken on the floor, and the afghan she had been curled up on the sofa where she last slept was still there. The food was still in her bowl that I could not get her to eat. My heart is so empty. I don't understand why these little angels come into our life just to leave us so soon. I got you at Petsmart that day back in September of 1994 after Kitty passed away. You were curled up in the back of the cage with those big gold eyes looking so scared. I promised you that I would always love you and take care of you. I feel I have let you down on so many counts. I hope that you are not suffering anymore and that you are with the angels and Kitty and Brandy. My little baby girl, Duchess.

How is it possible that 5 years have gone by, and I still feel the pain of losing her. RIP my little one, I love you and I hope you are in heaven.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Waiting On My SoulMate

Unhappy A tribute to my dogs - Luke & Cheyenne

On Thursday , September 16 , 2010 , my dog , Luke , walked across Rainbow Bridge and joined his Best Friend, Cheyenne , for whom both Luke and I still grieved after a year and a half. I found this poem and it is a Tribute to them both.

The Gift

Iíll lend you for a little while my grandest dog, he said.

For you to love while heís alive

And mourn for when heís dead.

It may be one or many years,

Or days, or months, you see.

But will you, till I take him back

Take care of him for me?

Heíll bring his charm to gladden you,

And should his stay be brief

You will have treasured memories

As solace for your grief.

I cannot promise he will stay,

Since all from earth return.

But there are lessons taught on earth

I want this dog to learn.

Iíve looked the wide world over

In my search for teachers true.

And from the throngs that crowd lifeís lanes

With trust, I have selected you.

Now will you give him your total love?

Nor think the labor vain,

Nor hate when I come

To take him back again?

I know youíll give him tenderness

And love will bloom each day.

And for the happiness youíve known

Forever grateful stay.

But should I come and call for him

Sooner than youíve planned

Youíll brave the bitter grief that comes

And someday youíll understand.
~Author Unknown

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms.Magnolia For This Useful Post:
Leos mom (09-22-2011), sucker4mylove (02-21-2012)