Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-06-2017, 04:58 PM
Renea0428's Avatar
Renea0428 Renea0428 is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Hawaiian Gardens, Ca
Posts: 381
Thanks: 184
Thanked 250 Times in 148 Posts
Default Husband's name spelled wrong on Marriage Lic., can I get his Birth Cert?

Hello so on my marriage license they spelled my husband name wrong. I called they say I need a copy of his birth certificate to fix it. So the question is can I get his birth certificate on my own or do I need his consent?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 04-06-2017, 05:45 PM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,539
Thanks: 98
Thanked 1,460 Times in 958 Posts
Default

Depends on your state. When my husband was in prison the first time I sent in an application to them and they sent the birth certificate to me. But I sent him the app to sign etc. It was a six month long process but it worked good luck.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-06-2017, 05:46 PM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,539
Thanks: 98
Thanked 1,460 Times in 958 Posts
Default

I would call the place and tell them that your husband is in prison how can he go about getting a copy they will help you.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-06-2017, 05:46 PM
Renea0428's Avatar
Renea0428 Renea0428 is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Hawaiian Gardens, Ca
Posts: 381
Thanks: 184
Thanked 250 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Depends on your state. When my husband was in prison the first time I sent in an application to them and they sent the birth certificate to me. But I sent him the app to sign etc. It was a six month long process but it worked good luck.


Ok thank you and we are in California
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-06-2017, 05:55 PM
Renea0428's Avatar
Renea0428 Renea0428 is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Hawaiian Gardens, Ca
Posts: 381
Thanks: 184
Thanked 250 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
I would call the place and tell them that your husband is in prison how can he go about getting a copy they will help you.


Ok I will do thank you
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-06-2017, 06:07 PM
Patrickj's Avatar
Patrickj Patrickj is offline
Moderator

PTO Moderator 

 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Atwater CA. USA.
Posts: 2,307
Thanks: 1,488
Thanked 1,588 Times in 787 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renea0428 View Post
Hello so on my marriage license they spelled my husband name wrong. I called they say I need a copy of his birth certificate to fix it. So the question is can I get his birth certificate on my own or do I need his consent?

You may get a copy of his birth certificate, from his county of birth or from Sacramento at California Department of Public Health , one problem here the county in which you pulled your marriage license from .May require a certified copy to be sure it is legally him. Then he would have to do this . Here is a link that can help you with information on this subject
https://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birt...thRecords.aspx

Here is a link on How to Amend a Marriage Record https://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birt...17)-MERGED.pdf
Maybe it will have the information you need
__________________
Be a friend to everyone,never know when you may need their help
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Patrickj For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (04-09-2017)
  #7  
Old 04-06-2017, 06:10 PM
Renea0428's Avatar
Renea0428 Renea0428 is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Hawaiian Gardens, Ca
Posts: 381
Thanks: 184
Thanked 250 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickj View Post


You may get a copy of his birth certificate, from his county of birth or from Sacramento at California Department of Public Health , one problem here the county in which you pulled your marriage license from .May require a certified copy to be sure it is legally him. Then he would have to do this . Here is a link that can help you with information on this subject

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birt...thRecords.aspx



Here is a link on How to Amend a Marriage Record https://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birt...17)-MERGED.pdf

Maybe it will have the information you need


Even with him being incarcerated? That's the problem I want to get it myself if possible
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Patrickj's Avatar
Patrickj Patrickj is offline
Moderator

PTO Moderator 

 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Atwater CA. USA.
Posts: 2,307
Thanks: 1,488
Thanked 1,588 Times in 787 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renea0428 View Post
Even with him being incarcerated? That's the problem I want to get it myself if possible
Read the booklet on How to Amend a Marriage Record. I did a quick review I think this is what you may want to do . Let me know I will guide you through either process
__________________
Be a friend to everyone,never know when you may need their help
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Patrickj For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (04-09-2017)
  #9  
Old 04-06-2017, 06:14 PM
Renea0428's Avatar
Renea0428 Renea0428 is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Hawaiian Gardens, Ca
Posts: 381
Thanks: 184
Thanked 250 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickj View Post
Read the booklet on How to Amend a Marriage Record. I did a quick review I think this is what you may want to do . Let me know I will guide you through either process


Ok I will read it as soon as I'm done with my homework lol but I will definitely need your help
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-06-2017, 06:19 PM
Patrickj's Avatar
Patrickj Patrickj is offline
Moderator

PTO Moderator 

 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Atwater CA. USA.
Posts: 2,307
Thanks: 1,488
Thanked 1,588 Times in 787 Posts
Default

Here are the links for the step by step procedure for obtaining Birth Certificates https://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birt...thRecords.aspx
__________________
Be a friend to everyone,never know when you may need their help
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Patrickj For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (04-09-2017)
  #11  
Old 04-06-2017, 06:21 PM
Patrickj's Avatar
Patrickj Patrickj is offline
Moderator

PTO Moderator 

 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Atwater CA. USA.
Posts: 2,307
Thanks: 1,488
Thanked 1,588 Times in 787 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renea0428 View Post
Ok I will read it as soon as I'm done with my homework lol but I will definitely need your help
No problem I will guide you. It isn't that hard but time consuming You should be able to get his Birth Certificate since you are his spouse. From what I read in the section called Authorized Copy vs. Informational Copy https://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birt...ionalCopy.aspx
__________________
Be a friend to everyone,never know when you may need their help

Last edited by Patrickj; 04-06-2017 at 06:25 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Patrickj For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (04-09-2017)
  #12  
Old 04-06-2017, 06:29 PM
Renea0428's Avatar
Renea0428 Renea0428 is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Hawaiian Gardens, Ca
Posts: 381
Thanks: 184
Thanked 250 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickj View Post
No problem I will guide you. It isn't that hard but time consuming You should be able to get his Birth Certificate since you are his spouse. From what I read in the section called Authorized Copy vs. Informational Copy https://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birt...ionalCopy.aspx


Ok so basically I have to print out the application and fill it out then do the application to amend right?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-06-2017, 06:36 PM
Patrickj's Avatar
Patrickj Patrickj is offline
Moderator

PTO Moderator 

 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Atwater CA. USA.
Posts: 2,307
Thanks: 1,488
Thanked 1,588 Times in 787 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renea0428 View Post
Ok so basically I have to print out the application and fill it out then do the application to amend right?

Yes You would do the Amendment of the Marriage Record. Now I didn't read the booklet completely, but from what I read of the booklet this is how it would be done. Now it will cost $25 to get certified copy of his birth certificate, if needed, but no charge to amend the record if the marriage is under a year Further review of some information You may be better off working with the county which issued the Marriage Licenses. This sounds like an error from the issuing. county Recorder.
__________________
Be a friend to everyone,never know when you may need their help

Last edited by Patrickj; 04-06-2017 at 06:47 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-06-2017, 06:57 PM
Renea0428's Avatar
Renea0428 Renea0428 is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Hawaiian Gardens, Ca
Posts: 381
Thanks: 184
Thanked 250 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickj View Post


Yes You would do the Amendment of the Marriage Record. Now I didn't read the booklet completely, but from what I read of the booklet this is how it would be done. Now it will cost $25 to get certified copy of his birth certificate, if needed, but no charge to amend the record if the marriage is under a year Further review of some information You may be better off working with the county which issued the Marriage Licenses. This sounds like an error from the issuing. county Recorder.


Ok I will just go with that
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-06-2017, 07:11 PM
Patrickj's Avatar
Patrickj Patrickj is offline
Moderator

PTO Moderator 

 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Atwater CA. USA.
Posts: 2,307
Thanks: 1,488
Thanked 1,588 Times in 787 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renea0428 View Post
Ok I will just go with that

I am off and on here , if it takes over a day for a response be patient I will not leave you hanging
__________________
Be a friend to everyone,never know when you may need their help
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-06-2017, 07:15 PM
Renea0428's Avatar
Renea0428 Renea0428 is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Hawaiian Gardens, Ca
Posts: 381
Thanks: 184
Thanked 250 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickj View Post
I am off and on here , if it takes over a day for a response be patient I will not leave you hanging


No problem lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will I get lost? middle name spelled wrong and last name as my ex husband's TexMom2013 Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 5 09-30-2014 10:01 PM
S.S card & Birth Cert Kaybaby New Jersey General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 11 08-30-2010 01:25 PM
marriage without birth cert??? SaritaLovesLuis Prison & Criminal Legal Help! 3 12-16-2008 10:47 PM
help! they spelled his name wrong? sssimlay Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 3 07-08-2008 10:06 AM
name spelled wrong and birthdate wrong raemichele Texas General Prison Talk 11 04-21-2008 06:12 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:07 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics