Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia DOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia DOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Georgia Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the system should be posted here.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:39 AM

Red face Intake and sentence

My man is in county awaiting being sent to Jackson and he wants to know what if anything can he take into processing with him in Jackson? He was told to take stamps cause he wouldn't be able to order commissary for 2 weeks and needed something g to barter or trade for food. Can he take the stamps? He's in on a 5 year technical violation. He had 15 year probation and they pulled 5. If they had pulled only 2 or less I know he would have had to do all the time and couldn't get pic points. He's wondering if it's possible he serve less time by 5 years being pulled of he gets he pic points than if he had 2 to serve?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2017, 03:56 PM

My son said he was told they could take their "whites" from jail with them. I was told to drop off clothes for transport & they should be not great because they only wear them on the bus ride down. After that they wear issued clothes. You can try calling Jackson & ask there for info. The reason they say no commissary is it takes about 2 weeks for money to transfer. I was told I could mail a money order to the Dept of Corrections to put it in his account faster. I sent $25 to get him started til the money transferred from jail.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:56 AM

Default Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost w/o my bb View Post
My man is in county awaiting being sent to Jackson and he wants to know what if anything can he take into processing with him in Jackson? He was told to take stamps cause he wouldn't be able to order commissary for 2 weeks and needed something g to barter or trade for food. Can he take the stamps? He's in on a 5 year technical violation. He had 15 year probation and they pulled 5. If they had pulled only 2 or less I know he would have had to do all the time and couldn't get pic points. He's wondering if it's possible he serve less time by 5 years being pulled of he gets he pic points than if he had 2 to serve?
Please contact Georgia Diagnostic and Classification Prison at 770-504-2000. If you have any other questions you can contact Ombudsman at 478-992-5358, or Ombudsman@gdc.ga.gov
Thanks,