Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas Parole, Probation & Release All information relating to parole, probation or release in Arkansas should be posted here.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:52 PM

Default How does Parole Reconsideration work?

Hello I am wondering if anyone knows how the reconsideration work? I know the inmate writes a letter of reconsideration, but what if it's approved? Do they have another parole hearing or does that mean the parole has been granted?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2017, 06:14 PM

If the Board grants the reconsideration, which has to be based on factors not presented at the original hearing, then it vacates the decision to deny parole. Because it requires 5 votes to reconsider, a successful reconsideration will act as a grant of parole. The applicable board policy is below. Hope this helps.

2.25-Appeal of Board Decision
An inmate or his/her attorney may request reconsideration of any parole decision of the Board
within sixty days of the official vote of the Board. The request must be made in writing. Requests for reconsideration may be submitted through the Unit’s IRO or to the Board. Only one reconsideration request will be considered by the Board per decision. A request for reconsideration shall only be granted following the affirmative vote of no less than five (5) members of the Board
Old 07-22-2017, 12:40 AM

So if I'm understanding correctly, then if they vote in favor of his reconsideration, then there should be no further parole hearings unless otherwise stated?
Old 07-22-2017, 01:16 PM

I think I understand. I had another question though, are the deliberations open to the public? Or am I able to request special permission to be present during the deliberations to ensure my husband's case receives just consideration?
Old 07-23-2017, 06:07 PM

Only the hearing is open to the public. THe deliberations occur after th e hearing and are not open.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:28 PM

Thank you so much. You are a plethora of information!
Old 07-23-2017, 06:28 PM

You're welcome. Hope the info helps.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:33 PM

Most certainly. I believe my husband's reconsideration deliberation is this Wednesday and I have literally discovered some brand new, extremely pertinent statistics that literally give my husband a less than 2% chance of recidivism. I also found an article packed full of statistics proving that for first time offenders, longer sentences actually increase their risk of recidivism. Do you think they will allow me to deliver this to the parole board in Little Rock Tomorrow?
Old 07-23-2017, 09:49 PM

You should be able to either fax it or send it by email. Call the Parole Board and ask how to submit it to support your husbands reconsideration request.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCsQueen View Post
Most certainly. I believe my husband's reconsideration deliberation is this Wednesday and I have literally discovered some brand new, extremely pertinent statistics that literally give my husband a less than 2% chance of recidivism. I also found an article packed full of statistics proving that for first time offenders, longer sentences actually increase their risk of recidivism. Do you think they will allow me to deliver this to the parole board in Little Rock Tomorrow?
Do you mind sharing this article?
Old 02-21-2019, 02:38 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,202 Times in 15,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AABMAS View Post
Do you mind sharing this article?

AABMAS, click on CCsQueen's user name & send her a private message....she hasn't been online since Oct. 2018. Hopefully she'll get a copy of your pm in her email

patchouli, PTO Admin