Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:30 AM

Default Brother eligible for transfer, med to low: FCI Allenwood Low or FCI Milan?

Hi guys, I am new to this site. I am really hoping someone can help me out!! My brother is eligible for transfer from a Medium to a Low. Can someone please help me and let me know how Allenwood Low and Milan are in regards to conditions, safety, visiting. I read the visiting regulations for each but I couldn’t really find what I am looking for. I appreciate any help you can offer. I know they are cubicle styled units, right? Lol Are the visits sitting across from one another? Closest airports? Sports? Activities? Programs? Honestly any info will help me out!! I’m sorry I tried navigating through this site, I’m still learning. I just signed up right now. My brother has to let his case manager know of his decision by tomorrow. Should he go to Allenwood or Milan? Concerned sister looking for help! Please!! Thank you!!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2019, 12:10 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 21,330 Times in 12,339 Posts

I wasn't in either prison, but Milan was one of the options for the 18 month residential "Life Connections Program", a release preparation program. I went to Petersburg low instead (although Milan was closer) and it was a good way to do 18 months of my sentence; housing in better "rooms" (no dorms) and a few extra benefits too.

LCP is one of W's faith based programs for any religion, but even atheists can enroll. Access is through any bop Chaplain, and they are looking for prisoners who profess an interest in utilizing their faith to remain crime free upon release.

It's too early to know, but there is a chance that LCP will be one of the programs chosen by the bop to earn additional time off under the first step act.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:11 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,367 Posts

Milan has consistently had a good reputation, Allenwood often does, but I know less about it.

I believe he should go where he will be closest to family. Visits are vitally important. If all your family is in Seattle, then Milan would be better.

You just can't do enough research in 1 day. For example, I have old info that Milan was especially good at furloughs. Something like that if it checked out might be a big factor. But you can't learn that fast. Also, his placement is not guaranteed to be where he wants. A lot depends on the census on any given day.

Hope he goes somewhere good for him (and you), under the circumstances.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:31 AM

Thank you all!
The Following User Says Thank You to giannirim For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-05-2019)