Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss New Jersey prison & jail visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 03-01-2019, 04:50 PM

Default JPay: When can he check kiosks for emails? Will he know money put on books?

Hi all! My boyfriend was sent to CRAF on 2.22.19. That very same day I purchased his JPay tablet $54 & added $300 into his account.

He was then placed into SWSP on 2.27.19.

Does anyone know when the inmates are allowed to check the JPay kiosks for emails?

How quickly do they see the money in their accounts?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2019, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,452 Times in 2,938 Posts

Welcome to PTO, Cakes646. I don't know the answers to your questions, but someone else should be along soon who does.

Take your time looking over the entire PTO site - we've got a lot of support and information that is outside of the individual state forums.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:23 AM

Default Jpay when can he check kiosk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes646 View Post
Hi all! My boyfriend was sent to CRAF on 2.22.19. That very same day I purchased his JPay tablet $54 & added $300 into his account.

He was then placed into SWSP on 2.27.19.

Does anyone know when the inmates are allowed to check the JPay kiosks for emails?

How quickly do they see the money in their accounts?
Hi, were having the same problem. My son was in southwoods, then restricted housing in northern state and now is back in southwoods. Meanwhile a tablet, books, and money was put in his account. I sent money orders that are still in transit. He went back to southwoods last week and the money on his account hadn't shown up so I sent some money via credit card Thursday night and it still hasn't shown up. Meanwhile he missed ordering from the commissary because you can only order twice a month and now will have to wait two weeks to order. Its insane. I'll told the money will eventually show up on his account. It takes jpay 24 to 48 hours to send it but it's up to the prison to post it and with transferring of facilities it will take extra time. I'm nervous because there is $400 plus dollars waiting to post. I'm told everything will get to him. The tablet, etc. My son tells me the tablets have batteries that die quickly and they have to keep purchasing more. Silly for me to think that anything should run smooth.
My son says they can check the kiosk a few times a day but there could be a line waiting. The tablet takes about 45 days for delivery so the tablet should be going right to him.
Hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to Nj mother For This Useful Post:
GingerM (04-04-2019)