Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know > Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Florida prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's regional subforum in the Florida forum.

Old 04-10-2019, 07:03 AM

Question Boyfriend not replying to JPay emails

So I met my boyfriend online Iíve been talking to him for almost a month on this app called JPay but then after that whole month ended I didnít hear from him so I looked him up and they said that he was on custody medium I donít know what that is never had a boyfriend thatís been in prison before and my question is if their custody medium can they still receive letters or emails and did he do something bad for him to get on custody medium. Because he was at a work camp before they change his unit please help Iím so confused I havenít talk to him about three weeks already Getting worried 😟 I donít know if I should contact the prison and ask for information about him but the only thing Iím not on his contact list and I donít know if theyíre going to give me information about him
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2019, 07:43 AM
Missing my better half
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojomommy View Post
So I met my boyfriend online I’ve been talking to him for almost a month on this app called JPay but then after that whole month ended I didn’t hear from him so I looked him up and they said that he was on custody medium I don’t know what that is never had a boyfriend that’s been in prison before and my question is if their custody medium can they still receive letters or emails and did he do something bad for him to get on custody medium. Because he was at a work camp before they change his unit please help I’m so confused I haven’t talk to him about three weeks already Getting worried �� I don’t know if I should contact the prison and ask for information about him but the only thing I’m not on his contact list and I don’t know if they’re going to give me information about him
medium custody has nothing to do with him being able to get letters or anything. its just their overall custody level and it says whether or not they had the ability to do specific things, the higher the level the less abilities at the work camp to leave the gates for work, also it has to do with their crime and their issues inside the prison too. my man is at a work camp too here in florida. you can write him letters even if he was at their main unit and in the box.. jpay has had some issues and does he have the stamps to write you back on jpay? I just had to explain to someones girl about that because she didn't know. they may not give you information since you aren't on his contact list.. unit changes happen all the time so dont freak about that. if you need to talk feel free to ask or pm me

one day closer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MPsQueen For This Useful Post:
Jojomommy (04-10-2019), Sunnielg (04-12-2019)
Old 04-10-2019, 05:54 PM

Heís at Holmes Correctional Institution
3142 Thomas Drive
Bonifay, Florida

Iím pretty sure he has stamps I sent him stamps because he wasnít replying back so I thought he ran out I donít know maybe heís just ignoring me who knows but Iím right on every day on JPay and still no answer I donít know if he doesnít have access to the computers I called the present even though I didnít give the inmates information because they were not going to give me nothing about that I tell them if customer medium have access to computers so they can write back and he says sometimes they donít have access to the computers if they have tablets thatís even better so I want to head and bought him a tablet I called the present even though I didnít give the inmates information because they were not going to give me nothing about that I tell them if custom medium have access to computers so they can write back and he says sometimes they donít have access to the computers if they have tablets thatís even better so I want to head and bought him a tablet but I donít know if I did good or not because heís probably just gonna keep on ignoring me maybe I donít know
The Following User Says Thank You to Jojomommy For This Useful Post:
MPsQueen (04-10-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 05:57 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,452 Times in 2,938 Posts

Welcome to PTO, JojoMommy. I've moved your post from "what prison is your inmate at" to it's own thread in the visitation and mail forum. I hope you get more answers here.

You've found a soft place to land.

There are many reasons you may not be hearing from him right now. If he's new to prison, he may be being shuffled around from one bed to another (which takes a lot of time), he may be trying to adjust to the new environment, he may be afraid to be out "in the open" as it were. He may have gotten in trouble and be in the hole. They may be on lockdown. He may have run out of stamps. He may have decided to stop writing, though I find that to be the least likely reason. So many things can happen that can interfere with electronic mail or snail mail, and there's just no way for us on the outside to know.

You may be able to call the Chaplain and see if the Chaplain will do a welfare check and let you know if he's okay. The Chaplain may not be able to tell you any specifics, but can tell you that he's doing fine or he's not doing fine. Of course, how much the Chaplain's willing to do will depend on the Chaplain themselves.

Last edited by GingerM; 04-11-2019 at 06:00 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Jojomommy (04-11-2019), Sunnielg (04-12-2019)
Old 04-12-2019, 04:36 PM

There could be many reasons....if he isnt answering on jpay, I would try snail mail and enclose a stamped envelope and a few sheets of paper just in case he is in the hole.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnielg For This Useful Post:
GingerM (04-13-2019)