Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MASSACHUSETTS > Massachusetts General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Massachusetts General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Massachusetts that do not fit into any other Massachusetts sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 12:48 PM
Lyndsey

My name is Lyndsey and I live in St. Petersburg, Florida! My boyfriend is currently an inmate at Old Colony Corrections Center in Bridgewater, MA. I am looking to meet other people like me and make some new friends! As I am sure you all know, finding friends who support and understand this situation....is not easy!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2005, 01:27 PM

Hi Lyndsey!

Welcome to PTO! WE are glad that you have found us! I am only a PM away if you need me, or just want to chat.

Heather
Old 09-20-2005, 01:57 PM

Hi everyone.
I didn't really know where to go...or where to start from.

A good..."friend" of mine has the choice of going to jail for 45+ days (and then being done & allowed to move and all) or being on probation for 2 years. We're kinda making the choice together and leaning towards serving jail time for a...misdemeanor. I don't know what it is, he told me this today and I kinda...don't want to ask questions if you know what I mean.

We think he'd be in Billerica...but he's not sure...

Can someone point me in the direction of information on the prison? Links...anything.

Thanks.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:34 PM

Welcome Sam5...if you go to the top of this forum and click on Prison Profiles, you'll be able to find out more information that way. I'm sure there are other people around as well who would know more about that prison.

~Dale Carnegie
Old 09-22-2005, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaila_23
Welcome Sam5...if you go to the top of this forum and click on Prison Profiles, you'll be able to find out more information that way. I'm sure there are other people around as well who would know more about that prison.
Thanks for the warm welcome Kaila.

I checked out the links the other day, and there's really not much up there, just some numbers. bleh.

My "friend" is surrendering either Monday or Tuesday as I last heard. It's good to know I'll have this forum to come to on those lonely days & I'll be able to look foward to the days when he moves here and we're together.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:45 PM
MISSMYSON

Hi, I am very new to this site, and wonder if your boyfriend is still at OCC? My son is scheduled to transfer there very soon. Anything that you could tell me would be so helpful. I know only that the visits are more relaxed than other places here in Mass. And that you can have 4 visitors at once, where other places allow only two.
Thanks, Deb
Old 10-04-2005, 08:10 PM
nikki

Hi everyone this is all new to me and i am still working myself around it all! I live in the uk but have been writing to someone in ncci Gardner and am planning a visit later in the year and i would like to talk to and get advice from anyone about this thanx. Look forward to hearing from you Nikki
Old 10-05-2005, 07:47 AM

Hi All ~ I'm new to this but I'm glad that I ran across such a site. It lets me know that I'm not alone...lonely...but not alone! Yesterday my fiance got sentenced to 2 months in Billerica, MA for driving on a suspended license. Normally I would be a little stronger through this but we're expecting our first child in 2 1/2 months and I'm afriad that he won't be out in time for the baby to arrive. I've heard that you only serve aprox. two-thirds of your sentence...is this true?? Is there early release for good behavior in MA?? If anyone out there knows, please set my mind at ease. Thanks!
Old 10-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Love NEVER Fails...

Smile Hello

Hello,

My name is Kate. My husband was incarcerated on September 16th for probation violation. He is currently at Norfolk County Sheriff's Office. He was on probation in two places, so he may be moving to Plymouth County in a few weeks when his court date comes up. He has not been sentenced yet so we don't know how long he will be there. He had two probation officers but one of them gave up the rights to the other one. He has been at the mercy of this EVIL( ) woman for the past 1.5 years. She said that he got 3 violations on urines during since last December. It is completely bogus. One of the times that he supposedly came up positive, he was on vacation with me and we were together, inseperable for a week. So there is no possible way that he was using then. And I don't believe that he was using the other times either because they were during a work week and he worked with a completely legit boss. I was reading some of the other messages and someone said that her husband's po seemed to be out to get someone. I bet her hubby and mine had the same one. My hubby's po has given him a hard time about EVERYTHING. She even went so far as to call him a piece of garbage about 5 or 6 times in one short visit. She does not know my hubby at all. When she found out he was married, she asked him dubiously "You are MARRIED?" Like it was some farfetched thing. Like he could not possibly be married. I met my husband almost 6 years ago while he was serving the original sentence that got him probation. I spent 8 months waiting for him with just letters and telephone calls. So I know what is like to have him in jail. It is just difficult now because we have a 3.5 year old and an almost 2 year old(2 on Oct.28th). I just cannot believe how unjust this probation officer and the system in general is. ( ) But we have taken the stance that each day he does now is less he has to do later. Even though he did not do the drugs, he is just going to plead guilty to try to end this whole nonsense. By the time he gets out he should have no more time to do and no more probation.

Anyway, I don't want to keep babbling on my introduction. I am glad that I found a place with people that understand. I am sad that it has to be under these circumstances, but I am glad (in a way) that I am not alone. I feel so different from everyone I know, because none of them are going through this or really understand. Well, I have to go see what my daughter is up to. Have a great day, and thanks for letting me join and write.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:11 AM

Default hello all the newbies!!!

I was out of town for the last month and a half (already ready for another vacation) so forgive the over due welcome, please!!!
I am Cyndi and live pretty close to FMC Devens and SBCC,and right up the street from west boyalston (Worcester county jail or whatever they call itnow) if i can be of any help in getting you there or info about central mass travel, lodging, etc...just give me a shout!!! be hjappy to help you out in anyway possible.

(til the next time)

Cyndi
Old 11-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Jason's girl

Hey everyone I'm candice, 26 from up near Lowell mass. My boyfriend is in Middlesex House of Corrections on a two year sentence. Parole is only 9 months 2 weeks and 6 days away though LOL oh yea, counting already.

I love this site. I am amazed how simailar all of our emotions are when this happens but how alone we all feel. I'll tell you one thing, I feel MUCH less alone now I'll admit I think my boyfriend thinks i'm a little strange from all this lol I'm usualy a very strong, very independant person and thats how he knew me to be before he went to jail, but once he was gone, he saw the weak, girly, needy side of me that only my dog, my kid, and my pillow see HAHAHA But I have noticed a huge difference in who he is as well. I call him Doctor Jay, and Mr. Carney HAHAHA he's like night and day compared to when he left So its been interesting to say the least, but we are going strong and just trying to get into a pattern with the visits and letters. We don't use phone calls A)to expensive, B) he's already had his phones turned off and turned on again because of making Third party calls to me through his mom. Anywho, If anyone wants to whine and moan and talk about how sad they are or how stupid there man is for going in in the first place, My e-mail is always open hehe I don't mind listening at all. I hope everyone is doing good today and I'll talk to you soon

September 14th, I brought my love home with me
Old 12-18-2005, 10:30 AM

Default Hi everyone

Hi everyone. My name is Paula. 28 from rhode island. my honey is in the Bristol County HOC in dartmouth for the next 17.5 months (hes been in 3 weeks . I have never had to go through something like this. I just got together with him 6 months ago and he has been my rock through alot of really tough things going on in my life. I've been to see him twice already thankfully . We've been growing even closer lately too. I just really feel all alone in all of this because noone else in my life really understands... it sounds like everyone else here on PTO will get what I'm saying. I look forward to comiserating with everyone here.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:56 PM

Welcome Candace, and Paula..
I am sure you will find support and info/ that you may need ... while your loved one is incarcerated.. glad you found us.. keep posting.. and WELCOME .. AGAIN..
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Donna

Old 12-26-2005, 07:21 PM

Hi. Im from the south shore. My husband just got sentenced to 2.5 years. He is in PCCF. This is all new to us and I'll have a lot of questions.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Dont Wanna Go

hey guys im carrie im in maryland im 26 yers old n i have 2 children n one step son ages 11 6 n 4 im going to court january 10th for violation of probation i have a 5 yr suspended sentence my po said he will ask the judge to give me only 6 months but i dont feel as tho i should do anytime as to the reason i missed my appointment was for medical attention anyway when i found out i had warrants(3) i got scared n ran for 8 months bounty hunters finally caught up to me and now im very scared ive been in n out of jail but never any substantial time well...30 days one time n 24 one the other times was like a week here 4 days here anyway i hope i can learn some stuff n make some friends i do have some questions my pd never calls me back.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:07 AM

Hi...I'm new here as well. Although I don't have anyone I love currently in the MA system, my ex-hubby did 8 years here while we were together. He did the whole tour..lol (Concord>Walpole>OCC>Gardner>Shirley>home) I feel like I'm missing one after OCC..lol He's now out of state doing a federal bid. Anyway.. just wanted to say hello. I'm in Boston...
Old 12-30-2005, 10:39 AM
Dre's Baby's Mama

Question

Hi everyone.

This is my very first post. Unlike most members I dont have a "loved one" incarcerated but my child's father is in Rogers State Prison. My son is nine and doesnt know his dad because when we were younger he was addicted to drugs and I just couldnt handle that. We lost touch and I recently found out about his incarceration. I want to keep in touch with him because I'm really hoping he betters his life when he is released (he was sentenced to eight years one of which he has already served). What do you all think about me telling my son about him while he's in prison. Personally, I dont want to tarnish what my son could think about him so I'm thinking about waiting.....Any thoughts?
Old 01-11-2006, 10:44 PM

Default hello

Hi everyone,
my name is cherin and im new to this. im glad i bumped into this site cuz im finding out so much info.. ive been with my fiance for 2 years and on jan 4 he got sent to mci concord. i go visit him all the time and i get so anxious to see him. its hard i went from being with him 24/7 to 8 hours a week and communicating thru letters. i have 7 more years of this. but ill get through it and ill be faithful and respect him. its already been a week and i already got myself into a routine. im hoping that ppl will talk to me about this stuff cuz i wanna know what he has to go thru and i feel better when i talk about this so i can get stuff off my chest. im only 21 and never been in a situation like this. i hope to hear from ppl... bye
cherin
Old 01-12-2006, 09:47 AM

Welcome Cherin to the Mass Forum and PTO...
I am sure you will find your support/info needed here on this site.. there are LOTS of forums to check out....glad you found us, this can be quite the roller coaster ride.. so hold on .. and keep posting

Donna

Old 02-04-2006, 09:46 PM

My fiance is at Middlesex HOC in Billerica MA. We're hoping he'll be home in August 2006. I'm an artist and I work at a non-profit youth program, and he's studying psychology while he's got time on his hands. He hopes to do counseling & intervention with troubled kids someday. Oh, and he writes the best love letters ever. ; )

This exprerience of prison separation has been one of the most powerful trials and inspirations of my life. One of the most difficult parts of this process- aside from not being allowed to kiss, touch, or freely speak with the love of my life- is facing the stigma that comes with having a partner in prison. It comes from friends, family, and complete strangers alike- who all see my choice as foolish and futile. True, it's been hard, but also incredibly meaningful. I've learned exactly how love defies time, distance, and convention, and discovered comfort and strength in my solitude. I've never felt so powerful and helpless at the same time, and i feel driven to speak out about my experience. I've reached a point where I'm tired of being quiet about the whole thing and allowing other people to judge and punish me. As Asha Bandele, author of The Prisoner's Wife, wrote: "I will never be ashamed that i am a woman who has loved someone, and that someone loved me."

I keep a weblog of my prison letters to him under a pseudonym (you're in on the temporary secret, so please respect), and although i haven't posted in a while, feel free to have a look.

*removed, please PM member if interested in website*

"I am not now, nor will I ever be, ashamed that I am a woman who has loved someone, and that someone loved me."
-Asha Bandele

Last edited by shiva65; 02-07-2006 at 01:44 PM..
Old 02-06-2006, 08:17 PM

Welcome Isabel..
I too loved prisoners wife .. reading a second time..
glad you found pto.. and the mass forum.. you will find alot of support and info here ..

Take care

Donna

Old 03-13-2006, 07:50 PM

Default Hi

Hi. Wow. I never knew that there was a place like this out here. Was just trying to find some info about Evercom, and here I am. I've been reading some of the postings, so I thought I'd just introduce myself.
Hi, my name's Hel. 1 month and 4 days ago I met the most amazing person. And exactly one month ago, he started his sentence at a house of correction, where he'll be for the next 2-5 years. I'm so glad that I found this site, because I have decided to wait for him to get out, but this whole thing is just so new to me (the whole prison thing, not the relationship), it'll be nice to have some outside support.
So yeah, just wanted to say hi. Nice to meet you and see you around.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:37 AM

finnerican: So glad that you found us as well. Welcome to PTO.

Heather
Old 03-29-2006, 06:46 PM

Welcome to the mass forum Finnerican

Donna

Old 04-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Professional Counselor

thank you for letting me introduce myself. I am a recently hawking party and have been quite taken with the level of commaraderie in this forum. So I registered. I began to feel a bit guilty taking without adding back what little I may be able to add.
I am a professional forensics counselor and mid year last year, left my role in the DOC. You can ask many questions of me, though, I forewarn you, I can most likely not answer personal or even system related questions because my professional obligations require that I stay very clear of controversy as pertains to corrections in Massachusetts.
I am in private practice now and I work almost solely with ex-offenders and pre-adjudicated adults and late-teens in Lowell.
My brief message is this: The world is changing, and there is a place for the millions of men and women and children effected by incarceration and the severe circumstances pertaining to involvement in the criminal justice system. We won't like all the answers to our questions. Please keep asking those questions, though, and make sure to get responses. This will help to create a momentum in a positive direction for the changes that are yet to occur.

Salaam aleichem
Closed Thread