Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arkansas that do not fit into any other Arkansas subforum. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind in addition to prison.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:07 PM

Thank you so much. I am gonna share my exsperiance here with a couple friends i have who's family or friends are locked up in arkansas i know if it helped me it will surely help them.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2008, 09:55 PM
KRAZEE_IN_LOVE

hello 2 @ll! thnx so muchh for the invite. i thnk i'll just sit n try 2 undrstnd hw @ll of this workz b4 i post 2 much
Old 04-06-2009, 11:46 AM

hi
i'm new here. i also wanted to know about the 309 program my husband applied cause we thought he was elegible but his mom called bill terrys office and his secretary told her he didn't qualify cause he has to be 10 years from his parole date. does anyone know about this rule cause i have looked and everything that i have found doesn't say anything about this rule. please help!
Old 12-14-2009, 10:59 AM
waiting for my sweet ange

I'm glad that we have a site, here, cause I don't know what I'd do without it. I'm still struggling. My man has only been down for 2 1/2 months so far.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:52 PM

Unhappy Hello

Hi my fiance is in Grimes in Newport. He has been incarcerated for over a year. Without him at home, I am left with all the worries of a dying child and a healthy child. I go to visit when I can, but I have no friends that understand my situation. Just tired of feeling like I am the only one.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:15 PM

We all have our hardships and challenges to face out here while our loved ones are in there. But I can't even begin to imagine the struggles you are dealing with on a daily basis, considering your post here. I am so very sorry for your situation and that you feel so alone. I will say, while I'm not dealing with anything close to what you are, I have felt very "alone" in this journey too. I don't tell my co-workers about my loved one being locked up but I'm sure after all this time, they probly wonder why they've never met him or why my home-life stories don't quite add up. The things that have helped me to feel connected and accepted were to find a church family that is open and accepting to those in this situation. I have been to 2 churches since my loved one was incarcerated and both churches have made us feel like family, despite the fact that we're not a "picture perfect" family. They know my loved one is incarcerated and will ask about him often, pray for him, and want to offer support to all of us when possible. So I don't feel so shy to talk about my home life with my church family when I really need to. The other thing is, if you visit your loved one often enough, you sometimes get to know other families that come to visit too. Eventually, it's a relief to be able to vent about the system with them, or look forward to things with them. There are a few ladies that I run into during visit and we enjoy having eachother to visit with while waiting for visit with our loved ones. It's a relief to find at least one other person who has "been there, done that". Because then it's not such a shock and you don't have to hear that dreaded question of "why don't you just leave him and find someone worth it?". Good luck to you and your journey. You will be in my prayers.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:48 PM

so how does one join the Arkansas group?
Old 04-07-2015, 08:10 PM
waiting for my sweet ange

I was a member but haven't been on here for a bit. Lost my login info. So I had to deregister today. If a user name of wolfen pops up, that's possibly my old login and user name. My fiance is still in prison. They keep denying parole. Been inside 6 years. He's at Tucket now. Sorry to ramble. Just needing info and friends.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:00 PM

I have been needing a friend on here too. My man is up parole on Friday (this is his second time up in 2 months since the board has more questions for him). I'm so nervous and anxious about it. Friday is even our anniversary. Anyone have any tips about what to expect??
Old 05-19-2015, 03:40 PM

I am so discouraged. My son is in jail and facing multiple charges and many years in prison. He has never had a violent charge, he is not violent. He is an addict. The charges were always to support this terrible habit. This will be his 4th trip. I know how it works, I know what to expect, have never missed a visit on visitation day with my son. I always support and encourage him, and stand by him in hard times and good as best I can. I am not perfect so I know I have made mistakes along the way. This time unless there is a miracle he will be sent for many years because he is listed as habitual. These are very very hard times for our family. Glad there are people here that understand.