Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > Military Prison Talk & UCMJ
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Military Prison Talk & UCMJ This forum is dedicated to those who have a loved one in a military prison, or dealing with the military legal system (UCMJ).

Old 11-05-2006, 06:18 PM

Default kozzie's wife

yea my husband told me that the rcf is in the way back of the base so that should be fun to find. im hoping it wont be too hard to get on base cuz i still have my military id. hoping. well if u get any information on ur sons parole board please let me know. thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2006, 07:59 AM

Default I hope your visit went well....

I'm anxious to hear how your visit went. I hope you had a wonderful visit with each other.

As far as parole....is this the first time he is up for parole? I know the Army is different than Air Force. My son was Air Force and they never parole the first time. He was eligible at the 1/3 mark for parole and didn't get it until after the half way mark.

If you can go to Virginia, yes I would go. Also do you have a civillian attorney to represent you at the parole hearing? I have friends that did go to the hearing and it did make a good impression with the Board.

God's Blessings,
trlutz
Old 11-07-2006, 06:08 AM
Donation Award 

my son is up for parole for the first time he is at the 1/3 mark hope the army is different then the air force, we are all hopeful we are planning on going to Virginia, no we don't have a civilian attorney. Hope that won't hurt us.

My son came home on December 7, 2007<A
Old 11-07-2006, 07:52 AM

Exclamation Stay positive

Stay positive, yes some are denied the first time but, my son went up his first time with 2 others involved in the same crime as him. The outcome was as follows.
Inmate with 3 years was approved. (home in 2)
inmate with 5 years was approved. (home in 2)
My son was denied as they said he had not served his minimun sentence. This was found to be a miscalculation, they said they were sorry.
So, as you can see I know 2 that were approved on a first try.
Keep praying.

Old 11-09-2006, 06:13 AM
Donation Award 

thank you for the supporting news, I hope and are praying that my son WILL be approved the first time. I don't want to get my hopes up to high but I can't help it. When will the second time come around just in case? I don't want to even think about it but just in case? And how long does it take to find out if the first board does approve it to go to Virginia? And one last question if the first board approves release can Virginia deny it?

thanks again for the support

Last edited by Mikels_mom; 11-09-2006 at 06:14 AM..
Old 11-12-2006, 06:43 PM

hi everybody!!!! well i leave in 4 days to see my husband for the first time in year!!!!!!!!! i am so excited. i just cant wait. well since i was last on my husbands parole board was pushed back to the 29th of november. i was upset when i heard this but he is kinda glad because he said that he isnt quite prepared for the board. im really hoping that he will get parole the first time around. i also dont want to get my hopes up only because the army has let me down so many times. i just want my husband home where he belongs. life without him is extremly rough and sometimes unbearable. thanks to anyone who listens to me. just remember to keep your head held high when times are rough
Old 11-14-2006, 05:51 AM
Donation Award 

my son is scheduled for a parole hearing on the 15th but hasn't heard anything about it lately do you think they have rescheduled without telling him, i know what you mean about the army letting us down, but hopefully your husband and my son will come home soon. Do you have any idea how long it is after the hearing that they tell them if they are approved or not, my son has said he has heard that it can take up to 2-3 months before they know, but that just doesn't make sense, but then again that is the Army for you.

Last edited by Mikels_mom; 11-14-2006 at 05:56 AM..
Old 11-14-2006, 08:16 AM

Default parole hearing

The hearing your talking about, is it at the facility or in Virginia? Has he prepared his packet? Is he being represented at the hearing?

After my son's hearing at the facility the board made a recommendation to the Parole Board in Washington in the packet they sent. The Parole Board in Washington can take 2-3 months to make their decision. Your son will be notified in writing of the decision. It really is a hurry up and wait situation. It is so hard to wait especially during this time of year. I will keep this in prayer and know that whatever decision that comes, it will work out!!

trlutz
Old 11-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Donation Award 

The hearing that I am talkinfg about is the one at Fort Leiws, and yes they have rescheduled it for the 29th of Nove,ber, yes he has prepared his packet, not for sure if he is represented or not, So you mean that after the meeting it will be 3-4 months before we know anything? Well as you said it is a hurry up and wait just like everything else has been too.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:42 AM
Keepin it real

My ex-husband (the father of my 2 children), and I, were both stationed at Ft. Lewis for 3 years. Both of my girls were born at Madigan. He was communications, I was a medic. He served 2.5 years at Ft. Lewis for wrongful distribution and conduct unbecoming an NCO. I visited him as often as I could even though our divorce was almost final before his arrest. I went back home to Ohio, but the girls and I flew out to WA to see him every 3 months. He and I are still very good friends. He and my bf get along great. It's cool that they respect each other because of both being ex-offenders.

"Are we gonna be friends forever", Piglet asked. "Even longer," answered Pooh.

Last edited by van'sgirl; 01-29-2007 at 08:43 AM..
Old 02-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Donation Award 

well we are headed to Virginia in the morning for our sons hearing will keep you posted, then we get to wait again. But I have gotten really good at waiting it has taken awhile for this to happen but as long as my son does get to come home I can wait.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:38 AM

Default Parole...

I pray that all goes well with your family. Waiting is the hardest thing we as parents do in this situation.

Take care,

trlutz
Old 02-07-2007, 06:30 PM

Default praying

Thinking and praying for you and your family.
Lisa

Old 02-09-2007, 04:43 AM
Donation Award 

We are home from DC the hearing went pretty well I guess .now the wait begins, they said they should tell my son in 2 weeks, will let you know.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:47 AM

hello from germany
i am looks for information about- military prison inmate?
hello from germany?
sorry when i write you?
i hope- you can be helps me
i will be have penpal friendship to military inmate?
no office will be helps me?

so please answer me -soon can be or not?
thank you
herbert k.
The Following User Says Thank You to penpalfriend40 For This Useful Post:
joybubby (07-02-2017)
Old 03-27-2007, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpalfriend40
hello from germany
i am looks for information about- military prison inmate?
hello from germany?
sorry when i write you?
i hope- you can be helps me
i will be have penpal friendship to military inmate?
no office will be helps me?

so please answer me -soon can be or not?
thank you
herbert k.
USDB regulations prohibit inmates from soliciting for penpals.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:17 PM

Default Not sure what you are asking!

I used to be stationed at the Fort Lewis confinement facility as a correctional officer. how ever this was several years ago. When I was there your spouse needed to add you to thier visitation list then you were sent the appropriate forms to fill out and return them to the facility. This process usually takes a few weeks. Then you will be placed on the inmates visitation list and you will be allowed to visit. If you have any additional questions I will render what assistance I can.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:58 PM

Default I have a question about Regional Confinement Facility in Ft.Lewis WA

My husband recently staioned at Regional Confinement Facility in Ft.Lewis WA 5 days ago for 12 months but lat time I talked on the phone about 15minuts , they are only 8 peoples overe there since the building is new his #8 . He havent called or anything or write or anything yet . Im worry so much if theres something wrong or they are not let him call or write anything ... When do they let him make phone calls .... Also I want to send him portable alarm clock+cd player+FM radio do you think they let me send this ?? Please if anyone knows any little information reply this Im going crazy with worry so much ..... thanks you ...
Old 09-12-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycksl85 View Post
My husband recently staioned at Regional Confinement Facility in Ft.Lewis WA 5 days ago for 12 months but lat time I talked on the phone about 15minuts , they are only 8 peoples overe there since the building is new his #8 . He havent called or anything or write or anything yet . Im worry so much if theres something wrong or they are not let him call or write anything ... When do they let him make phone calls .... Also I want to send him portable alarm clock+cd player+FM radio do you think they let me send this ?? Please if anyone knows any little information reply this Im going crazy with worry so much ..... thanks you ...
Hi my husband is there to he just got sent there a couple of weeks ago you should get an information packet if not email me back and i can help you with some of the information i have
Old 11-12-2009, 07:33 PM

My nephew was taken to Fort Lewis today. He had been a Mirimar. Not sure what the difference will be. I'm worried, of course. He was taken on a parole violation and we're not sure if there will be additional charges or if he will just have to finish the time he had left on his sentence. Anybody know how long that takes? We were told they were "investigating", but no additional charges were filed, at least not yet.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:24 AM

Default in need of support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisarmywife View Post
Hello all! Well, my husband finally got transferred to the states and they put him in Fort Lewis, WA. I know absolutely nothing about their detention facility, so any information about it would be greatly appreciated. My husband mentioned something about some form that he said had to be MAILED (?) in regarding a background check or something??? Thanks

hisarmywife
Hello I came across this a few times I know it has been a few years since this was posted but I thought just maybe you would see this and be able to help me because right now I'm feeling so lost.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfields View Post
Hi my husband is there to he just got sent there a couple of weeks ago you should get an information packet if not email me back and i can help you with some of the information i have
Hello, I was hoping you could give me some information about the packet? My partner went in 8 days ago. I had one 15 min talk with him and have not heard from him since. I was told he would get 1 call a week until in processed. I have not received any packet with visitation form etc. Any help would be appreciated.