Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > Military Prison Talk & UCMJ
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Military Prison Talk & UCMJ This forum is dedicated to those who have a loved one in a military prison, or dealing with the military legal system (UCMJ).

Old 05-30-2005, 09:47 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,385 Times in 1,088 Posts
Default PTO Military Member Introductions

Hi all!

Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself if you have a friend or loved one in the U.S. military and is facing with legal issues or who are in the "stockade" or locked down in some type of military confinement.

Patti

Last edited by David; 04-20-2017 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: Updating. We don't have a intro forum any longer.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Welcome New PTO Members

Hey, my name is Krystle and my fiance is currently incarcerated at Ft. Sill Army Regional Correctional Facility in Ft. Sill, OK. He was sentenced to 28months but has his first chance at parole at his parole hearing scheduled for June 1, 2006. And if granted parole, he will be released June 15, 2006. The odds are looking definetly in favor for him coming home in June. He is doing all that he can and I'm proud of him for not getting into any trouble (thats a hard one for him ) I have been a member for a little over a month now and have gotten pretty familiar with the Military Justice system. I also found information on the Ft. Sill Army RCF....took a while but I finally found GREAT information. I really wish the Military Prison & UMCJ will become just as active as all the other forums! So welcome everyone there is lots of love and support here!
Old 10-09-2005, 04:33 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Krystle, Welcome Aboard!

Good to have you here! Hopefully we can get this forum up and running!

Patti
Old 10-19-2005, 02:10 PM

Hello, I am Josh. I am an O-4 in the US Army, transfering to the USAF to join the USAF Special Tactics. I am currently rated as a Special Reaction Teams member and an officer in the 500th MP Det; Ft Leavenworth, KS. I'm glad to answer any questions and maybe act as a buffer between the 709th MP's and yourself if your having an issue. I obviously can't pass messages, grant special privledges or even acknowledge the inmate to tell him I know his wife/finance/girlfriend/significant other. I wont act as the liason between yourself and commander or pass messages/give a good word on Soandso Smith's behalf.

I can however work with the 709th to be a bit more flexible on requested special visits, I can answer any relavent USDB/UCMJ/Military Prison questions. I can do my best to make things more accessible between you and your loved one; without directly stepping into the line of fire where I really have no place or authority. I can provide phone numbers to liasons that the military put into place to help you.

Usual corrections duties are normally handled by the 709th, as we await the creation of a couple new things within it the 500th has been asked to provide the SRT for day to day operations.

Feel free to pass along any questions or concerns via pm or in a thread here, I'll do my best to answer them and if I dont have the answer I will find someone who does.
The Following User Says Thank You to USDBMP203 For This Useful Post:
chellie5513 (12-25-2011)
Old 01-09-2006, 02:13 PM

Default Intro

Hello, my name is Sean-David- and I am looking to get in touch with a good friend of mine that I believe is still at the RCF at Ft. Lewis. I have tried to contact the RCF by phone and email and both seem not to be working.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Still ARMY

Default Still ARMY no matter what they say...

HOOAH, I'm Susan and my spouse is confined to the USDB, Ft Leavenworth. He has served 6 months of a 20 years sentence. He served as an NCO in the USArmy for 19 years and 9 months before the allegations against him. I am an NCO in the Reserves. I'm a wife, a mom, a nurse/medic, and still a soldier (no matter what they say...LOL) Despite all the turmoil in our lives over the last year and a half, no matter how hard I try, I cant "hate" that big ole green machine , the Army. I was born into it, raised in it, married to it, and joined it. Not a single day of my life has the Army not clothed and fed me. But, boy, it's messed up in some areas. We are still fighting my husband's case and will continue to as long as we can. We are fortunate as we are still receiving pay and benefits for the mean time. I learn something new every day regarding JAG, UCMJ and confinement, so its definately not my area of expertise (but, thats why I have you guys!) Im pretty familiar with other areas of the military, so let me know if I can help out. I still refer to my hubby by his rank (ticks the DB off) but after 20 years, I just cant say "Inmate". (That's about as rebellious as I get.) I can definately tell what NOT to do before a court martial. I was the biggest pain in the government counsel's rear, because I refused to see things their way. Im still paying the price. BUT, this too shall pass. Im hurt, Im lonely, Im MAD, Im strong. I do however, feel this site has been a wonderful resource for support. Anyway, nice to meet you all.
~Left, Right, Breath~Repeat
The Following User Says Thank You to buglerwife For This Useful Post:
Second_chance55 (12-01-2009)
Old 01-11-2006, 10:29 PM
One Day At A Time

Susan,
Hello and Welcome to the Military Justice Forum. I've been reading your posts and they are full of great information. Thank you! I'm glad you found the forum and hope you find the answers you are looking for. We're all here to support each other in whatever way we can and share our experiences with the military justice system. Feel free to join in wherever the spirit moves you. Hang in there!

~Lisa.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:28 AM

HI all,
My name is Kimberly and my husband is incarcerated at Ft. Sill Army Regional Correctional Facility in Ft. Sill, OK. He was sentenced to 14 months. His parole is scheduled for August, or so they tell me. i am not sure about it though. If it is granted, he will be home September 15th, 2006. He is doing everything he can to make it happen. I was told that he has already earned 73+1 days... not that I know what that means lol. He isn't likely to get in trouble, he is a goody goody. He never even had a speeding ticket in his 18 year career with the military. We took this deal on advice from coucil and his commmander due to the fact that we could not prove he was not where they said he was. I myself think he should have went to trial but then again I guess he is right 14 months facing a 20 year sentence... just all confusing to me.
Thanks for listening to me ramble!
Old 03-18-2006, 05:53 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO Kimberly!

The judicial system military or civilian can be so confusing and heartbreaking, but with the support and knowledge here at PTO helps make it bearable.

Again I am happy that you have found our family and Welcome to the PTO family!

Patti
Old 03-18-2006, 12:43 PM

Thank You!!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 10:57 PM
One Day At A Time

Sorry, I'm slow sometimes! Welcome Kimberly! And feel free to ramble at will. We're here to help, be it with information or with just an ear to listen or a shoulder to lean on. I'm glad you found us.

Lisa.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:33 PM
Donation Award 

Hi, my name is Toni and my youngest son is serving his time at Fort Lewis Regional Correctional Facility in Washington State, he has been there since October 2005 and his parole date is scheduled for Feb. 13, 2007. His Lawyer is currently working on a clemency hearing for a reduction in time Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

My son came home on December 7, 2007<A
Old 03-21-2006, 10:42 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Welcome Mikels mom!

Glad to have you with us!

Patti
Old 04-10-2006, 11:08 AM
Donation Award 

Hi, My son's clemency hearing didn't result in anything. But not suprised not much faith in his attorney in the first place. But my son and I still have hope that his parole hearing will go fine and he will be released in Feb.13, 2007. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers that is what keeps us going through this trying time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mikels_mom For This Useful Post:
Second_chance55 (12-01-2009)
Old 06-08-2006, 12:48 AM
Closed

Default New to this

Hello everyone,

I am so happy that i found this site. My boyfriend was just sentenced to 5 months in Confinement at the Camp Humphreys Brig in Korea

I do not know much about it and I am in the military myself. All I know is I miss him terrible and I can't stand the pain. I cried myself to sleep last night for the first time in a long time. If there is anyone out there that has any info on Camp Humphreys I would be grateful to hear it. I have no address to write to him or anything. I know it has only been one day, but I am going crazy!

Old 06-08-2006, 02:18 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Nat, Welcome to PTO!

Take a deep breath and try to regroup. This is the hardest part the not knowing. Once you two are writing at least that part becomes easier to deal with.

I just did a quick search for info on Camp Humphreys and did not come up with much. When I get home from work I will look around on the internet again for info.

Hang in there,

Patti
Old 06-20-2006, 10:19 AM

Hi my name is Renee. I was a former inmate @ Miramar brig for 6 months until april 06, and my fiance is @ Ft. Sill RCF for 30 months. I stumbled upon this place and it seems and shows it is a great support for others. Support is what our loved ones need. I know because when i was incarcerated I was pregnant with our first child and that was hard. I gave birth to our son 3 weeks ago it was very hard going thru all this alone w/ out him by my side. Me and talk when he can call. His parole board with the facility is this month. His actual parole board in D.C is in Sept. I pray he is released soon, so we can be a family. I am looking for some info on ft. sill visitation if any has any for me please private message me so i can ask you some questions that would be great thank you so much. And everyone is doing a great job of supporting each other
Old 06-20-2006, 04:02 PM
proverbs 31 prep

Default ft sill info

hi dollface06,

welcome to PTO! congratulations on your release from prison, your upcoming marriage, and the birth of your son!

i think there is some info on ft sill in another thread:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=146796

and try here:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152833

for the parole hearing in DC, my own inmate is up for parole in august, so after the hearing at the prison on thursday, i was instructed to call the naval clemency & parole board in DC with regularity beginning two weeks from thursday so that i can make sure that his parents and i get sent the information to get approved to make a personal appearance and also to get the actual scheduled date for the hearing. i don't know what branch your fiance is in or if you're even going to try to make an appearance (i hear that maybe only navy/marine corps allow this? possibly army?), but here's the thread for info on that:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206340

hang in there, girl! you'll be all right because you have lots of support here!

xoxo k

Last edited by skm7776; 06-20-2006 at 04:05 PM..
Old 06-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Donation Award 

Hi NatNat28,

My son was confined at Camp Humphries last year, before he was shipped state side, he was treated well there, we never were able to get an address, but he was able to call us if we sent him a calling card, they are not to expensive we bought ours here at Walmart and gave him the number to use it helped out a lot. Good luck with your boyfriend.
Mikels Mom

Old 06-27-2006, 08:23 AM

Thank You for the support it helps out alot, ecspecially when I am down. My fiance is in the ARMY if you need help with ARMY stuff I can do that. I havent heard anything from his board thru the commanding officer at the facility, but his big board in D.C. is still in Sept so that what we are looking at. Thanks again to all and God Bless
Old 07-09-2006, 05:39 PM
One Day At A Time

Nat, welcome to PTO! Glad you found the military forum. If there isn't anything posted yet about Camp Humphreys, someone will probably come up with some information for you. Hang in there hon. Five months will fly by before you know it and you'll be together again.
~Lisa
Old 07-10-2006, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USDBMP203
Hello, I am Josh. I am an O-4 in the US Army, transfering to the USAF to join the USAF Special Tactics. I am currently rated as a Special Reaction Teams member and an officer in the 500th MP Det; Ft Leavenworth, KS. I'm glad to answer any questions and maybe act as a buffer between the 709th MP's and yourself if your having an issue. I obviously can't pass messages, grant special privledges or even acknowledge the inmate to tell him I know his wife/finance/girlfriend/significant other. I wont act as the liason between yourself and commander or pass messages/give a good word on Soandso Smith's behalf.

I can however work with the 709th to be a bit more flexible on requested special visits, I can answer any relavent USDB/UCMJ/Military Prison questions. I can do my best to make things more accessible between you and your loved one; without directly stepping into the line of fire where I really have no place or authority. I can provide phone numbers to liasons that the military put into place to help you.

Usual corrections duties are normally handled by the 709th, as we await the creation of a couple new things within it the 500th has been asked to provide the SRT for day to day operations.

Feel free to pass along any questions or concerns via pm or in a thread here, I'll do my best to answer them and if I dont have the answer I will find someone who does.
It is the 705th that runs the USDB not the 709th. Anyone who has been to FT Leavenworth for more than a minute knows that. I think this guy is full of it about who he is and where he works although he did get the 500th right.

Last edited by chefwannabe; 07-10-2006 at 03:56 PM..
Old 07-14-2006, 06:16 PM

Hello all! I am married to an army private, having been kicked out recently myself. My husband is going to a general court martial this coming week and his attorney turned in a plea bargain for a year sentence that has supposedly been approved. The word is also that he will likely be sent to Ft Sill. Any information that anyone could provide for me on visitation, good behavior days, etc. would be greatly appreciated as I know nothing of these things. Thank you.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:43 PM

also, forgot to mention that I am eight months pregnant now, by the time he is sentenced and makes it home to the states (been in iraq for a bit now), we will have a new baby girl here. I was wondering (since he hasn't been home for ANY of the pregnancy and obviously won't be able to attend the birth) if they will at least let him hold his new daughter??? how so i get him calling cards? does he get an account there? help! I know nothing!
Old 07-15-2006, 11:28 AM

My son is in the Lejeune Brig and at all of the visits I see Fathers holding there children. I am happy to see that they allow this because they have been known to stop the inmates from holding hands with girlfriends or wifes from accross the table and even though we have visited in a area where we have been able to sit next to one another most visits are very cold, a hug upon arival and a hug upon leaving otherwise we sit across the table. I know they have rules for a reason but it is hard.
Good luck to you and welcome to P.T.O.