Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > Military Prison Talk & UCMJ
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Military Prison Talk & UCMJ This forum is dedicated to those who have a loved one in a military prison, or dealing with the military legal system (UCMJ).

Old 08-14-2008, 04:02 PM

Hi, everyone! My daughter is AWOL from Hunter's AFB, GA. She enlisted at 18 believing she was grown enough to handle war. When she got news of her deployment, she left the base and never returned. When I called the IG, I was informed that she has been removed from the roster and is officially AWOL. I know she isn't in prison but I was told that is exactly where she is going when she is finally caught. I came here for information and support. I am going mad!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2008, 08:52 PM
One Day At A Time

joeyntonnie,

First, welcome to PTO. Second, I'm sorry your daughter and family are going through a tough time. I'm sure that wherever your daughter is, she's scared and confused. I hope that by now she's been located and received some type of counseling. Hard to think of an 18 year old going to war...they do it everyday, I know, but still! As to an AWOL charge, I don't have a lot of information on that, but there have been several postings on here from folks having to deal with it. My advice is to look for those postings and read them, then perhaps send the person a Private Message if you want more specific information or advice. I hope things look better for you and your daughter soon. Good luck.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:01 PM

Default Thank God I found you.....

My name is Jess, and I'm the wife of a Air Force SSgt, currently serving 10 years at Ft. Leavenworth (he has 6 1/2 yrs to go). I am so glad I finally found you guys! I needed to find someone who knows what I'm going through! My family and friends are great, but they really can't begin to understand the misery this is. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself to you all, and thanks for listening to my short rant! Now I just need to go find some info on parole letters.....
Old 01-15-2009, 10:06 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO Jessielou!
Old 03-29-2009, 09:07 AM

Default Full of questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by USDBMP203 View Post
Hello, I am Josh. I am an O-4 in the US Army, transfering to the USAF to join the USAF Special Tactics. I am currently rated as a Special Reaction Teams member and an officer in the 500th MP Det; Ft Leavenworth, KS. I'm glad to answer any questions and maybe act as a buffer between the 709th MP's and yourself if your having an issue. I obviously can't pass messages, grant special privledges or even acknowledge the inmate to tell him I know his wife/finance/girlfriend/significant other. I wont act as the liason between yourself and commander or pass messages/give a good word on Soandso Smith's behalf.

I can however work with the 709th to be a bit more flexible on requested special visits, I can answer any relavent USDB/UCMJ/Military Prison questions. I can do my best to make things more accessible between you and your loved one; without directly stepping into the line of fire where I really have no place or authority. I can provide phone numbers to liasons that the military put into place to help you.

Usual corrections duties are normally handled by the 709th, as we await the creation of a couple new things within it the 500th has been asked to provide the SRT for day to day operations.

Feel free to pass along any questions or concerns via pm or in a thread here, I'll do my best to answer them and if I dont have the answer I will find someone who does.
I am thankful that someone in your position is showing compassion. My son is on his way to USDB and I am lost in the UCMJ backwash. My most pressing issue is visitation. I understand the 30 day rule but I am currently on parole and wonder what sort of visitation obstacles will be placed in my way. Please advise.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:38 PM
One Day At A Time

Bernard1946,
The post by USDBMP is quite old and we pretty much determined he was bogus based on a number of inconsistencies in his posts. There is no one at the USDB who can, or will, post on our forum. As to what hoops you are going to have to jump through to get approved visitation, start with your parole officer! Because inmates are forbidden from contact with other inmates (outside their own facility) and parolees are actually not to have interaction with known felons, your situation could get pretty sticky. I will hope for the best for you and your son. There is a lot of info on the USDB here and anyone (including myself) with a loved one inside will be happy to help you out. Feel free to post your questions on a thread or, if you're more comfortable one-on-one, send a private message. Hang in there!
~Lisa.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:22 PM

Default Exceptions can be made

Visitations and correspondence can be approved, but your son must request it. If you are listed on victim/witness documents (DD Form 2704) it probably won't be approved unless you have yourself dropped. Visitations outside the norm are based on behavior, charges and other stuff above my pay grade.
Here in Charleston, we don't even allow correspondence with other correctional facilities unless it's cleared beforehand and it usually has to be a member of the immediate family.
DoD policy might differ slightly from facility to facility, but most authority rests with the commanding officer. I've been to the DB a few times, but I don't know their policy verbatim. Start with a request for exception of policy by submitted by your son.

Good Luck.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:21 PM

Default Hello

I have been lurking and decided it was time to start posting. My name is April. My fiance is awaiting court martial. His lawyer is saying Leavenworth! We are scared. He has never been in trouble before. His crime was done before I met him and I have chosen to stand beside him! He is my world and I am so worried for him! I thank anyone and everyone for your support and information! Thank you!

If you have any tips or survival methods for me or him please feel free to personal message me. Im still trying to get through all of the information on this site. I have learned so much from all of you already!
Old 10-26-2012, 04:32 AM

Default hello

My name is Briana and my husband was just sentenced to 14 years confinement. I'm not sure where he will be serving his time yet. could be Miramar, could be Leavenworth. Either option sucks for me because it is not close to where i live. This is my first day without him and i am so scared and empty. He served his country faithfully for 14 years and i've been with him for 12 of those. I feel like i can't trust the military anymore as we have been left utterly adrift. no pay or benefits. we have 3 kids that i now have to support completely on my own. I'm glad to have found this site although it doesn't seem like the military portion is very active. regardless there seems to be some great information on here.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:39 AM

Hello. My name is Desiree and my son is at the Camp Lejeune Brig in N.C. We haven't heard from him since he was sent there. Anyone know who I need to contact to find out how long he will be there? I don't know ANYTHING or if he needs anything. He has been there for about 3-4 weeks. Any guidance would be awesome.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:19 PM

Please feel free to pm me if you want to chat. My son was there also before his trial. Do you have the brig address? You can google it and write to him there. He might need money for calls but I think that has to be a money order. I hope he is doing ok and I hope you're holding up ok too.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:03 PM

Default Fort Lewis Regional Correctional Facility

Hello, I am Monica. My husband just left to Fort Lewis Regional Correctional Facility in Washington State to serve 16months. I am LOST with out him and I just found out I am pregnant with our first. I am trying to find out information on this facility. Visiting hours, requirements, address. ANYTHING will help. I'm new to this website as well, so I'm trying to find my way around. Thanks!
Old 12-29-2012, 02:43 AM

I don't come on Prisontalk as much as I used too... My son has been at Ft. Leavenworth for 7 1/2 years now, so if I can help with questions, please message me. I know this is hard, and i can't say it gets better, but knowledge is helpful.
Sincerely,
Pennie
Old 12-29-2012, 12:42 PM

I've been using the boards but haven't introduced myself yet: My name is Amber and my husband was convicted and sentenced a month ago. He's currently serving and 8 year sentence in Leavenworth. I'm trying to educate myself the best I can in order to do what I can to help him. I'm 9 months pregnant with our first baby so it's been a traumatic experience for me. I'm glad I found these boards because I've already found a couple women who completely understand what I'm going through and that's a hard thing to find right now. I think the hardest part is the lack of available information for spouses and loved ones left on the outside. I've learned so much just using these boards for the past couple weeks.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:15 PM
One Day At A Time

It's been a while since I posted but wanted to say welcome to the new folks and hello to the rest of you. I hope this new year is better than last year for everyone. Really don't think that's too much to ask for, lol. Although my son was transferred from USDB to a federal facility, I will gladly try to answer any questions, just PM me. He spent 10 years there and, per the US Parole Board, has another 11 to go. <sigh> I can also help "some" if you think a federal transfer is in your loved one's future. Just know that it might not really get "better," but it does seem to get easier. Keep the Faith!

~lisa
The Following User Says Thank You to DeNada For This Useful Post:
Bizeboo (02-08-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 03:45 PM

Default So Much

Hello everyone. My loved one is serving a 15 month sentence at Miramar. We are 1 month in. We haven't been to the clemency board yet. We are hoping for a reduction in sentence to 12 months, nothing less so he will be eligible for parole. This has been a very long process that started last year. We too, like many others, have been left with no pay or benefits from the military. Friends and family have been helpful but friends especially just don't understand. It's lonely and stressful and in typical military fashion it is hurry up & wait. This website has been a blessing for all for all of the information it has provided because the military does not.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:58 PM

Welcome Mess's Drea! The forums here are a soft place to land. And the military forums have been much more active lately. I check in here multiple times a day. I'm not a mod or an expert but do like helping people when i can. Good luck with your clemency. We are waiting to hear on ours as the package went up on valentine's day.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:48 AM

I do wish this forum we're more active. I've been trying to come on fairly frequently....I don't always post but I'm thinking that I will try to more often....my Sonia's supposed to get home soon but I don't want to stop keeping in touch.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:27 PM

Default My son is at USDB Leavenworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriscoLady View Post
Hi all!

We now have an Introduction forum for new members of the Military Prison & UCMJ Forum!

If you are new to our Forum, please drop by the Introduction Forum and introduce yourself.

If you are a member who has been with us awhile, please drop in and reintroduce yourself to the PTO Family!

Patti
My name is Nan93423 and my son is serving at 27 year sentence at USDB Leavenworth. I live in Florida. I can't figure out where to write my reply's here.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:53 PM

Default My son is at USDB Leavenworth

My name is Nan and my son is at USDB Leavenworth for 27 years. I'm in this for the long haul and will communicate with anyone and everyone who will listen or needs to be listened to.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:00 PM

Nan....not sure if anyone has answered you as this forum isn't too active. My son did about 2 years in the brig in charleston....I found that the parent forum here (under friends and family) was a LOT more active....
Old 03-22-2015, 02:25 PM

Looking for ANYONE associated with USDB Leavenworth.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:18 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,755 Times in 1,586 Posts

I realize that this USDB / Military member intro thread is a little rusty but I'm going to go ahead and make it a sticky at the top of the forum. If you have a loved one dealing with Military issues, please introduce yourself here.

Thanks,
David