Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Missouri

Old 07-26-2004, 10:44 PM

Default Is anyone familiar with wrdcc?

I was just wondering if anyone out there knows anyone at St. Joe?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2004, 07:13 PM
PTO Research Assistant

I believe Dannysmom has a son there. Maybe she will come along before too long.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:54 PM

My fiance is in WRDCC...anyone want to chat just let me know, I a normally online during the day or send me a PM
Old 10-21-2004, 10:50 PM
"Counting the days"

My boyfriend was there when he had to go through diagnostics the first time and we both use to go to school up there.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:04 PM

Default Melvin was there...twice

Melvin was there in diagnostics, treatment, and GP. I can tell you that according to him WRDCC is a walk in the park. He just told me last week that he actually had fun while he while he was there everything was so laid back. Let me know if you have specific questions. I've been there to visit many times.

God Bless,
Rebecca
Old 10-24-2004, 11:26 AM

My husband will be transferred to WRDCC soon and I'd also like any info available about this place. When do they get visits? Is this part of MODOC? They won't let me visit my husband cuz of a #11 violation based on hear say. Will I probably have this same problem at WRDCC? Also, any tips I can give him would be helpful too.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:10 AM

Hello, my fiance' is there at WRDCC too. He is supposed to be getting out Dec 24th and it's almost here! Yahoo! We plan to get married the day he gets out. How far do you live from there? I live in OK and travel 4 hrs, usually visit once a month now.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:04 PM

My boyfriend is in St. Joe Treatment Center. I drove all the way from St. Louis two weeks ago and they wouldn't let me visit because I wasn't listed as his fiancee or significant other. I have always been on his list, just me and his mom. She got to go in and I had to wait three hours, after a six hour drive. If anyone knows or has gone through this let me know why they would refuse my visit because I'm not 'family'.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:59 PM

Default Weekend visits

I am so sorry you drove that far to be turned away!!! Unfortunately, many of the prisons have an "Immediate Family Only" on weekends. No aunts or cousins even. You have to be listed as family, spoues, or significant other - otherwise can only visit on Thursdays and Fridays.......I have seen people turned away almost every weekend. Since all prisons are not consistent, everytime an offender gets moved, we have to find out new rules and try to adjust.

Wouldn't hurt to call Jeff City and share what happened to you......

bex
Old 11-30-2004, 06:52 PM
PTO Research Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckydky
My boyfriend is in St. Joe Treatment Center. I drove all the way from St. Louis two weeks ago and they wouldn't let me visit because I wasn't listed as his fiancee or significant other. I have always been on his list, just me and his mom. She got to go in and I had to wait three hours, after a six hour drive. If anyone knows or has gone through this let me know why they would refuse my visit because I'm not 'family'.
I've gone through this myself. At one time I was trying to get on my then fiance's visiting list. Because I was on another offender's list, my son, they refused to approve me. However the policy has changed since then to clarify who is a primary support and/or significant other. Send a letter to his caseworker explaining that he is your fiance and according to (this is where you want to quote the policy- I can look it up for you since I have it all documented at home) Significant Other is given the same rights as immediate family members where visitation is concerned. As a matter of fact their superintendent there spoke to me personally when I was going through all of this. If it's the same superintendent, you won't have any problem. Just go through the proper channels. Go to the caseworker first. If the caseworker denies you then send a copy of the letter to the superintendent. Let me know if the superintendent there has changed.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:51 AM

Default Wrdcc

Hi there! I'm a brand new person, but I do have the advantage of knowing quite a bit about WRDCC........ not only did my fiancee go through there before he was committed to Cameron, but I live in St. Joe and used to date a guard that worked there. WRDCC is painfully boring for an inmate, but it is a good time for you to both make last minute preparations before he is sent to his "camp". If I can make a suggestion, have him change your status to "significant other" immediately as it will help you have better access to visitation and also may allow you to make any medical decisions on his behalf if necessary. My fiancee filled out a form there giving me unlimited power of attorney in his behalf. Seeing as how the DOC owns him now, you would both be wise to claim as much of him as is possible, since he can't do much on his own.
I wish I'd discovered this site a year ago, when I began this journey all alone. I've found a lot of helpful information that I wish I'd discovered months ago!
Boux
Old 12-21-2004, 12:53 AM
" It's Very Complicated "
Donation Award 

Angry wrdcc

Old 12-21-2004, 01:01 AM
" It's Very Complicated "
Donation Award 

Old 01-04-2006, 02:15 AM
amberadele

Lightbulb Info on WRDCC

I recently found some information for those interested in WRDCC-St. Joseph, I believe it will answer a lot of questions. http://www.doc.missouri.gov/division/constser/ff_05.htm
Old 01-04-2006, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ang863
My husband will be transferred to WRDCC soon and I'd also like any info available about this place. When do they get visits? Is this part of MODOC? They won't let me visit my husband cuz of a #11 violation based on hear say. Will I probably have this same problem at WRDCC? Also, any tips I can give him would be helpful too.
A #11 in the prison is a substance abuse violation. They can only occur when a UA or BA comes back positive. Yes, WRDCC is part of the DOC in MO. WRDCC is a nice prison, the people that work there are helpful to their clients.

Last edited by Pax; 01-04-2006 at 06:25 AM..