Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Illinois

Old 11-20-2019, 11:52 PM

Default Medication

I'm on a many different medications for mental illness as well as for a pituitary brain tumor. I'm being sentenced in a month and I want to make sure I don't have a lapse in my meds. Is there anything I can do to make sure I continue to get them in Logan? I already had all my Dr's write letters and state what I'm taking.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2019, 12:17 AM
attorney

Thanked 22,045 Times in 7,672 Posts

They need to state not only what you are taking and why, but that substitutions are inappropriate. You will be subject to the drug formulary, so getting around that takes a bunch of work.

Oh, and do not count on benzos- they will not be available to you. You will also want to talk with your doctors about missing medication and switching meds so you can plan on what to do if you miss doses or get switched to a less expensive med.
Old 11-21-2019, 04:37 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by landerson1 View Post
I'm on a many different medications for mental illness as well as for a pituitary brain tumor. I'm being sentenced in a month and I want to make sure I don't have a lapse in my meds. Is there anything I can do to make sure I continue to get them in Logan? I already had all my Dr's write letters and state what I'm taking.
Thanks
What yourself says! And add in there that lapse of any medication during incarceration is detrimental to your progress.

Id like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.