Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 11-26-2019, 09:42 PM

Talking FI-6R Release Date

My husband is currently at the Gist Unit finishing up his FI-6R parole program. Just got the call today from parole to approve the address. His completion date of the program is 1/25/2020. He's been saying that they've been releasing all of them a week or 2 sooner than their completion date. Has anyone had experiences with being released sooner than the program end date???
Alot of people are saying they're trying to make room for the ones that have to start the program. I'm getting excited because the date is almost here! Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2019, 09:42 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,884 Times in 1,557 Posts

Things can change fast when it comes to bed space and availability. That's not always the case, but sometimes it is. Hope he gets out ASAP
Old 11-27-2019, 11:39 AM

I really hope that is the case. The only bad thing is my account with securus tech was closed so there's no telling when I'll be able to talk to him again 😣😣
Old 11-27-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lili78245 View Post
I really hope that is the case. The only bad thing is my account with securus tech was closed so there's no telling when I'll be able to talk to him again 😣😣
My family member is at Gist unit on FI-6R with a program completion date of December 2, 2019. We still do not have a release date, despite completion next Monday. I’ve made many phone calls but getting no where. We’ll just keep waiting.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:11 AM

Hopefully it won't be too much longer. Please keep me posted. I'm really curious how soon after their completion date do they get released
Old 11-30-2019, 09:28 AM

He told me the counselor comes on Wednesdays and he’s supposed to go sign some sort of paperwork this coming Wednesday. He believes he will be given a release date then. He also estimated 10-14 days from when he signs the forms. Fingers crossed he makes it home by Christmas. It will be our first with him home in 11 years. I’ll keep you updated!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bifflez For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (11-30-2019)
Old 12-09-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lili78245 View Post
Hopefully it won't be too much longer. Please keep me posted. I'm really curious how soon after their completion date do they get released
Getting really anxious and a bit frustrated. No release date yet. Feeling like it’ll be another Christmas without him...
Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM

Wow. I hope theyre not backed up because of the holiday. I would think they would be pushing everyone out thats alreadt done. I hope its not much longer. The TDCJ website ususally updates after 5AM mon-fri