Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation, Supervised Release, Halfway House and Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation, Supervised Release, Halfway House and Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 08-20-2019, 04:01 PM

Default Approved by fed po twice for HC and have questions about HWH etc

Hi all,
Me again. Well we picked up my brother today and got him checked in at the HWH. The staff was really nice but the facility is in really poor condition. Anyway the intake woman said he shouldnít be there too long. He will be seeing his case manager this afternoon now that heís checked in, and has had 2 classes. He will have orientation probably tomorrow.
Now my question. What is the process from there to here? Since his fed po has approved everything, and he has all of his id in place except for state/drivers license, will someone be calling us to discuss what will be happening or do they need to come back out to the house?
Whatís been your experience?
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2019, 04:52 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,971 Times in 13,209 Posts

The HWH will release him to home confinement when it is approved by the bop community corrections manager, CCM. My HWH accepted the PO's approval of my residence (which also meant that there would be no future problems with me living there after my bop end of sentence date, a very good thing) but some other HWHs do their own home inspection visit too. His case manager will know which option that HWH will honor.

The potential problems arise when either the PO or the HWH do not approve the residence listed in a home plan. Some folks ended up being released "homeless" by the bop/PO combination, and if the HWH objected, no home confinement and no passes were approved for them to visit there either.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
The HWH will release him to home confinement when it is approved by the bop community corrections manager, CCM. My HWH accepted the PO's approval of my residence (which also meant that there would be no future problems with me living there after my bop end of sentence date, a very good thing) but some other HWHs do their own home inspection visit too. His case manager will know which option that HWH will honor.

The potential problems arise when either the PO or the HWH do not approve the residence listed in a home plan. Some folks ended up being released "homeless" by the bop/PO combination, and if the HWH objected, no home confinement and no passes were approved for them to visit there either.
Oh Jesus....thatís so not right but then again. Iím praying for him and hopefully
there will be some answers. Itís definitely different than whatís been told. His time up is 17 weeks out. He said itís just the first day and he expected there would be transition. Heís concerned about this leg and back pain flaring badly. Hopefully we can get him to the VA soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to DJean For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-21-2019)
Old 08-21-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post

Well there was some meetings today with his case manager who is also a disabled vet and they got along great. He will be meeting with another person who will have him sign work release paperwork since heís disabled and then the caseworker who approves hc will get involved. She told him today that getting the work release will definitely be pushing him towards the door because he will not be working. So time will tell. Praying for favor. Just wanted to update today.
The Following User Says Thank You to DJean For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-21-2019)
Old 12-01-2019, 11:08 PM

Hi I'm new to this but I really need some help.. Im super concern and worried about my husband.. He was sentenced in July and was moved to a county jail in which he was in for about 6 months they recently moved him back to mdc Brooklyn where the medical examiner told him he was going to the lewisburg camp in P.A but as i checkED the bop system i find his location to be USP Canaan.. He was transferred on Wednesday and have not heard nothing from him as of today can anyone please tell me if the medical person lied or could he be just being hold as a holdover at canaan and is so for approximately how long he will be there can i send him letters when will he call me I really hope he's at the camp and not at the max prison PLEASE ANY INFO WILL HELPP..
Old 12-02-2019, 08:11 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,971 Times in 13,209 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Canaan might be his designated location, or just one temporary stop on the way to Lewisburg camp. Neither of you will know until he actually arrives where he is going (escape worries over prior notifications about travel plans). Canaan is a high security US Penitentiary, but it also has a minimum security camp, so if that's his eventual home prison, he could be assigned to either one.