Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 07-07-2018, 07:23 AM

Default Do PIC points come off TPM in Georgia?

My son was given a TPM of June 2021. Does his pic points come off of that time as he is still completing them. How does that work?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2018, 06:19 PM

My husband has 6 points and told me they counted as 12 months off his tpm, not sure if it's true or not but if it was it would of been 12 months off his tpm of January 2020. Found out today based off his grid sheet he won't be released until May of 2019 so the parole board only counted them as 6 months. His counselor had told hin last month he was going to be released Oct 26th, address was verified too. Needless to say we are so frustrated and upset. Parole board decides if they grant the points or not and yes they're suppose to come off their tpm date if they're given credit for them. Hope that makes sense and helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to KatieSmith0130 For This Useful Post:
SBJOHNSON (05-04-2019)
Old 05-04-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieSmith0130 View Post
My husband has 6 points and told me they counted as 12 months off his tpm, not sure if it's true or not but if it was it would of been 12 months off his tpm of January 2020. Found out today based off his grid sheet he won't be released until May of 2019 so the parole board only counted them as 6 months. His counselor had told hin last month he was going to be released Oct 26th, address was verified too. Needless to say we are so frustrated and upset. Parole board decides if they grant the points or not and yes they're suppose to come off their tpm date if they're given credit for them. Hope that makes sense and helps!
Is he home yet?
Old 05-04-2019, 12:09 PM

No he went to a transitional center then went back to prison and is now in the rsat program at Coastal. His graduation date is Dec 11th so I'm praying he gets released then. There's 4 phases in the rsat program that consists of 9 weeks each phase. He's currently in phase 2 week 1. His TPM is still showing Jan 2020 and his PIC month is November. He said they told him there's still a possibility they will wash him out the program which I'm not counting on. Just want these next several month's to fly by already! Nov of this year will be 2 year's served.
Old 05-04-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
No he went to a transitional center then went back to prison and is now in the rsat program at Coastal. His graduation date is Dec 11th so I'm praying he gets released then. There's 4 phases in the rsat program that consists of 9 weeks each phase. He's currently in phase 2 week 1. His TPM is still showing Jan 2020 and his PIC month is November. He said they told him there's still a possibility they will wash him out the program which I'm not counting on. Just want these next several month's to fly by already! Nov of this year will be 2 year's served.
Well I wish you the best! I am utterly amazed and horrified at what Iíve seen in the Georgia criminal system. It has me shaking my head at the utter incompetence. Everytime we hit a snag...I wipe the slate clean with whomever new Iím talking to and I get the same type of attitudes, nonchalance, laziness etc. Iím feel like Iím in the twilight zone sometimes!

Keep on hanging in there. They need us to be their cheerleader but I swear if I donít need some cheer myself! LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to SBJOHNSON For This Useful Post:
GaReform (05-05-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 07:51 AM

Thank you! He was called to medical friday to get his blood drawn but wasn't told why. Then last night he got a call out to see the counselor and parole board. I know it could be anything but a part of me is a tad excited. Not getting my hopes up though because his TPM isn't until Jan 2020 but my fingers are crossed it's good news. I have been told so many different thing's since he's been incarcerated that I hope for the best and expect the worse. Ga is so messed up!
The Following User Says Thank You to KatieSmith0130 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (05-07-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Thank you! He was called to medical friday to get his blood drawn but wasn't told why. Then last night he got a call out to see the counselor and parole board. I know it could be anything but a part of me is a tad excited. Not getting my hopes up though because his TPM isn't until Jan 2020 but my fingers are crossed it's good news. I have been told so many different thing's since he's been incarcerated that I hope for the best and expect the worse. Ga is so messed up!
Hey Katie!
Was just following your story a little and wanted to see if there ever was an update on this. Hope all is well.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:59 PM

How do you know when a persons pic month is?
Old 10-28-2019, 04:13 PM

Default Pic points

Hello,
My husband has a tpm of February 2021. He received his TPM 3 months after returning to prison which was 2018. His counselor told him he now has 7 Pic points. When will those points come off? What is a pic month? Can someone explain to me what they know as far as this entire process or how this goes.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,539 Times in 3,336 Posts

I don't know if this answers your question, but here's some information from GA DOC:

http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/sites/de...t%202017_0.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Moorelove18 (11-04-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 01:03 PM

Well it's been several month's since I've been on. Dealing with my depression and ptsd. My husband's TPM still shows as Jan 2020 but he said he got moved to the 60 day's or less dorm at Coastal. He said Parole Board sent him a letter granting only 1 PIC point and his PIC date was Dec 1st and they froze the date, whatever that means. I called the parole board number to see if maybe he had a release date or maybe if they've done a home address verification or anything new in regards to his case. She said because he's in the RSAT program (which wasn't mandated) that they do thing's a little differently and they don't do an address verification that they'll just release him on his date, which I don't believe to be true. His graduation date was pushed back because of half of the dorm failing drug tests so now his graduation date is Jan 16th. So do any of y'all know if they do an address verification even when they're in the RSAT program? It's been a LONG 2 year's and I'm just ready for him to be home already. So what happens around his TPM/PIC date?
Old 12-03-2019, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,539 Times in 3,336 Posts

They should do an address verification any time someone is released, even if they've served their entire sentence (not on parole).

But then, you've seen that not everything gets done the way the system says it will get done, so the best I can offer you is to be patient. Things will happen as they happen, and there's very little you can do to influence that.

I really do feel for you. It's always the Not Knowing that's the hardest to deal with.