Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Domestic Violence
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Domestic Violence News and information relating to domestic violence in general. Please post here if you don't see a sub-forums that fits better.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:42 PM
True Love Waits

Question Has your man ever hit you?

Has your man ever put a hand on you and if he has did you forgive him or did you give him the boot?would you forgive himif he changed this about him or do you think once a woman beater always a woman beater?
Old 11-15-2005, 10:52 PM
~*my inmate 4ever*~

NO my man has never raised his hand to me and if he ever did that would be his first and last time cus a real man isnt gonna raise his hand to a woman that is very wrong and i couldnt be with him even though if he swore he would never do it again i couldnt stay with him i could never think of my fiance raisin his hand to me.

Loving my inmate #54
Old 11-15-2005, 10:55 PM
same woman/different name

NO, Chris would never hit me. I can't say what I would do in that situation, but I know my first gut reaction would be that I would leave and never come back, but with time, I don't know what would happen. I have learned from this my fiance's encarceration to "never say never".
Old 11-15-2005, 10:57 PM
Mrs. V

No. My man has never touched me, and we have had some horrible fights. I have never known of a situation where a man hit a woman once and then stopped forever.

Old 11-15-2005, 11:10 PM

When my husband had been using drugs HEAVILY he hit me a couple times. When he is clean he never even gets mad.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:14 PM
º° Princess °º

NO. He will never hit me. If he does, I'm gone.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:21 PM
6 years strong <3

My man has more respect for me than to ever lay a hand on me. And if he EVER does, he'd be out the door real quick. I don't care how much we've been through, how much he loves me, how much I love him, if I hit him first, nah... if he ever touches me, he can kiss his a$s goodbye. I have more respect for myself than that, and I'd like to think that's how I would react in a situation like that.

Last edited by babygurl919; 11-15-2005 at 11:27 PM..
Old 11-15-2005, 11:25 PM
~One Step Closer~ 5/8/12

Kevin has never laid a hand on me...I wouldn't tolerate it AT ALL!!! I have been hit in a past relationship (he almost killed me...thank God he didn't succeed)...and I made a promise to myself, my family, & to God...I will *never* EVER put up with that again...& I meant it...

***huggs***
Sel
Old 11-16-2005, 12:11 AM
Banned

no. my man has not hit me yet....he is what we call "gangsta sweet" and thats how i like men ....the gangsta thug side is there when it needs to be..meaning to protect me....and the sweet side is always there to comfort me...

if i were to hit him....i would want him to forgive me....
Old 11-16-2005, 12:28 AM
11/10/04-Eva

He will never do anything in his power to hurt me. We've been in some real, real, REAL bad arguments where I pissed him off, but he never even tightened his fists. I have heard that he used to beat on his ex, but she used to do stupid things. Real stupid things! I love my baby to death, but if he hits me, I'M OUT! That shouldn't even come across his mind because it's just respect and love.

Old 11-16-2005, 12:58 AM
Closed

No, and like waiting again, I was beaten by my ex and there is no way I would tollerate it again from anyone, no matter how much I loved them or what excuses may be put my way for their behaviour (ex was an alcoholic).
Old 11-16-2005, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigan04
When my husband had been using drugs HEAVILY he hit me a couple times. When he is clean he never even gets mad.
mine hit me a few times also while using heavily but never when he was clean i guess it depends on the situation and be realistic dont just make excuses if he ever hits me again clean or otherwise boot baby boot. not to say i didnt deck him a few times while i was using heavily but i am a different person when clean.and i will stay clean for the rest of my life
Once Again A Virgin Club Member #30
F.A.T. and Proud Member #58
Loving My Knucklehead Club Member #5
http://docapp8.doc.state.ok.us/pls/p...mage?no=528412
Old 11-16-2005, 01:10 AM

My first husband hit me. The abuse started out really subtle - a lot of verbal stuff and then moved on to "accidents" like opening the cupboard door into my head and saying - oh sorry - I thought you'd move. Then one night we were playing rummy with our best friends - on opposite sides. He warned me not to go out or he would hit me. I let the play go around a couple more times not quite sure if he meant it or not. Well I went out and he smacked me so hard I flew off the chair. Our friends sat there dumbfounded and didn't say a word - packed up their kids and went home. I packed up my kids and was gone within a month. He apologized and said it would never happen again. Darn right! I wasn't going to take that chance. His abuse of women escalated with each relationship he had after that until finally he cost his new wife the use of her hand. I don't believe it ever gets better unless they go for help. Just my opinion.
First Timers Club Member #12
Old 11-16-2005, 01:10 AM
loved!

Thanked 1,147 Times in 715 Posts

my hubby never hit me. he can get very angry...but he walks away, and he honestly lets things go SO quickly that i'm ALWAYS angrier longer than he is. if it's something that's really irking him, he'll even hang up on our calls to take a break lol, just because he doesn't even like to YELL when he's upset. i think once a woman beater, always a woman beater. if a man gets so angry he can't control hurting someone physically...he'll do it again if the situation arises. whose to say i won't trigger that in him?

Last edited by mrschris; 11-16-2005 at 01:12 AM..
Old 11-16-2005, 01:14 AM
Luv J 4 Infinity & Beyond

My fiance has never hit me and never would. The first time he raised a hand to me, would be the last. My previous relationship was very abusive and I'll be damned if I go thru that again. My fiance respects me and would never do anything ever to hurt me. But like I said the first time he raised a hand, it would surely be the last. I have nothing worry about.

Now, I do have to say, that if a woman hits a man like a man, then she deserves to be hit back like a man. But that doesn't mean beat the crap out of her. There's no excuse for that.
I'll dry your eyes
Wherever you go
I will follow
I will always be
Right by your side.

Today, Tomorrow, and Always...
I Will Love Only You!!
Old 11-16-2005, 02:06 AM
Waiting For His Return!!!

No my baby has NEVER hit me and if he did i would leave in a heartbeat ...my moto is hit me once shame on you hit me twice shame on me for staying to let it happen again ....

Old 11-16-2005, 02:47 AM
Closed

Arrow

My husband has had an abusive past though I've known him and was involved with him back then; he's never even been that way with me! My husband admitted on our last visit that he's never been able to respect a woman the way he should because there's been alot times he's messed around with women that were already in a relationship so he'd always be suspect of other women.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:48 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamicita
no. my man has not hit me yet....he is what we call "gangsta sweet" and thats how i like men ....the gangsta thug side is there when it needs to be..meaning to protect me....and the sweet side is always there to comfort me...

if i were to hit him....i would want him to forgive me....

Mamicita,
What do you mean he hasn't hit you YET? Are you expecting him to? Do you think he would do that to you? I remember one thread you had started asking the difference between a slap and a punch....
Does this all mean something?
Just curious...Want you to stay safe girl.

Erin
Old 11-16-2005, 07:55 AM
Banned

No my man has never hit me and I think anyone's man who does it "once" is liable to do it again.There is no reason for anyone to put their hands on you.If this did happen I would not stay
Old 11-16-2005, 09:18 AM
He's Home and We're Good.

Hell to the NO.....
Woody has never even attempted to hit, slap, (which to me is all the same), and I'm not going to say he won't ever do it, cause we never know exactly what a person is capable of doing under any circumstance... BUT..... if he were to hit me.... I would definately defend myself, before calling the police, I'm going to do some damage to him to make him regret ever attempting to harm me.... AND DEFINATELY THE RELATIONSHIP IS OVER....... I can forgive you for alot of things, but to lay your hand upon me; is unforgivable... I'm telling you that just doesn't sit right with me,, a man hitting a woman, or even a woman hitting a man, I would never place myself in his eyes as someone that think I can whoop him, cause he is a man- but don't try to hit me.... EX>> My ex flinched at me one time (seriously only flinched like he wanted to punch me) I happen to have had a little tykes (sp) baseball bat, you know the yellow ones for when your child is like 2 years old that my first baseball set, hard yellow plastic; yeah, i happened to have that in my hand at the time, cleaning up my sons toys right.... If you can tell me why he walked around for a week or so with a black eye from that bat hitting him in his face ( I don't know how that happened) Yeah right!! I must have tried to knock his face off with that damn bat..... Never had a problem out of him like that again,,, of course we argued, but flinching ; acting like he wanted to hit me... Huh, I wish he would have.... We went on vacation and everything with his family the same week after I hit him and he had to explain that black eye the first day of vacation like 20 times... His mama said " boy, I'm glad she did it, and I wasn't there, cause you would have had more than a black eye, you don't even act like you gonna hit no woman.."

2003- A New Relationship

2006- 3 Years apart

2007-Still standing

2008- Doing Good!
Old 11-16-2005, 09:26 AM
Wink's Wife

No, my man has never lifted a hand to me, nor has he ever threatened to. I guess I am truly blessed, as he is a very non-violent, non-confrontational type of person. He is always the calmer party if we do happen to get into arguments. I worry more about me raising a hand to him more than I do him raising a hand to me. I admit, I have a really bad temper. I hope that it subsides before he gets home.
2011 Club Member #17

He reached for my hand and touched my heart...

Old 11-16-2005, 09:30 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,014 Times in 7,141 Posts

A man hits a wall, I take notice and watch for other "red flags"...a man raises a hand to me, even if it doesn't actually fly, I'm history.

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinJus
Mamicita,
What do you mean he hasn't hit you YET? Are you expecting him to? Do you think he would do that to you? I remember one thread you had started asking the difference between a slap and a punch....
Does this all mean something?
Just curious...Want you to stay safe girl.

Erin
hi.
i said yet because the future seems so far away...
no i dont think he would hit me..
Old 11-16-2005, 01:36 PM
PRINCESS AWAITS KNIGHT

hey Nicky, No He Has Never Hit Me-but If He Ever Did, I Think I Would Stay..im Not Talking About Beat The Crap Out Of Me(jeez, Im Like 5 Ft Tall 128lbs He's 6ft And 220) But If He Slapped Me, Nothing Horrendous, Yes I Would Definatly Stay.besides We Have A Rule That If I Do Something Really Bad, He Puts Me Over His Knee..lol
Old 11-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelRose
hey Nicky, No He Has Never Hit Me-but If He Ever Did, I Think I Would Stay..im Not Talking About Beat The Crap Out Of Me(jeez, Im Like 5 Ft Tall 128lbs He's 6ft And 220) But If He Slapped Me, Nothing Horrendous, Yes I Would Definatly Stay.besides We Have A Rule That If I Do Something Really Bad, He Puts Me Over His Knee..lol

hey gurl!
u are so honest.....some women say they would leave...but when it happens they end up staying...
like my man said....he wont ever hit me..and i believe him...
a slap is just a slap because i can do it too...if he slaps me..he will get one back and im talking about love taps...nothing crazy rough or serious.