Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison > The Parents Forum Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2017, 12:51 PM

Default Records snafu is holding up sentence progression

My son is in regional jail in WV. He's been convicted of a felony a month ago and still doesn't have a parole eligibility date because the prosecutor and home confinement have different sentencing dates. I keep calling the DOC records clerk who says they fax for clarification every Friday. Nothing is happening. How long is he likely to remain in limbo with no PED or transfer to a state facility? Conditions are really bad at North Central Regional Jail so he is actually looking forward to a transfer to prison.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2017, 03:27 PM

Default Irritating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadoldmom View Post
My son is in regional jail in WV. He's been convicted of a felony a month ago and still doesn't have a parole eligibility date because the prosecutor and home confinement have different sentencing dates. I keep calling the DOC records clerk who says they fax for clarification every Friday. Nothing is happening. How long is he likely to remain in limbo with no PED or transfer to a state facility? Conditions are really bad at North Central Regional Jail so he is actually looking forward to a transfer to prison.
This sure sounds irritating! I have learned that every time I want or need to correspond w the DOC system, I write letters. I write a letter to the top person, and CC everyone else in. Is his attorney still involved? I would think if you send a letter to the attorney, copy the Prosecutor, home confinement ppl, the DOC records clerk and the Jail Admin stating the situation, and request an answer by a certain date, youll get one. Once your sons atty gets the letter ( or the Judge if he doesnt have the atty) and they see all the people you have copied on the letter, they may get themselves together. At 1st I was afraid to contact people, now they are afraid when I need to. Good Luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Juniesgal For This Useful Post:
lizlizzie2 (10-03-2017)
Old 09-28-2017, 03:55 PM

Default Problems abound!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniesgal View Post
This sure sounds irritating! I have learned that every time I want or need to correspond w the DOC system, I write letters. I write a letter to the top person, and CC everyone else in. Is his attorney still involved? I would think if you send a letter to the attorney, copy the Prosecutor, home confinement ppl, the DOC records clerk and the Jail Admin stating the situation, and request an answer by a certain date, youll get one. Once your sons atty gets the letter ( or the Judge if he doesnt have the atty) and they see all the people you have copied on the letter, they may get themselves together. At 1st I was afraid to contact people, now they are afraid when I need to. Good Luck!
He's moved for intake but now I'm going nuts bout my DIL and grandkids. The grandkids are 4. 2 and 9 months. Today the DIL said she's glad the parole officer won't be looking at the house if he comes home because the kids thought it would a good idea to get cups of dirt outside and bring them inside and pour them on the floor. I said, "I don't believe they'd have been able to do that if I had them." She said," Well, I was in the shower!" WTH??? She goes and takes a shower and those babies have access to outdoors??? I said, "can you not lock or block the door?" She said," Well I have a lock that he was going to put on but now there is no one to put it on." I just said "Ask your dad!" I said "something is going to happen and you are going to be arrested." WTH??? I'm too old and too unwell to raise babies. I've had the 2 year old most of the time since he's gone to jail. I know I should suck it up and ask for the kids. I may yet...