Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Derricks Babee<3

Default --Parole Question and Good Time Question!!!!--

Situation & Question:

Serving 5 years on con-current sentences... Burglary of A Habitat w/ Intent to Commit a Felony. AND Indecency w/ a Child By Sexual Contact( NOT aggravated but I believe is considered a 3G now..) Has 13 months FLAT time served (still in County though). Will he come up for parole as soon as he gets to TDC? He's being told that he should come up for parole as soon as he gets transferred. He -wont- get it, b/c he has to serve a min. of 2 years (since the Intent is considered a 3G)but, he's being told he'll still be reviewed and "denied" until the 2 years is served. But, after the 2 years is served his sentence will be 'done' for the Indecency and he -should- start getting his good time counted 4 the Burglary? My point is.. if he comes up for parole during the time before the 2 years is up and is denied.. Hes still coming up for parole.. and I know that 'most' people don't get there 1st parole.. But , im hoping he still comes up even if denied.. b/c that means as soon as that 2 years is up.. he'll be eligible for parole (2nd or 3rd review) and should get out.. considering he's not a -risk- he's min. level, first time offender,lots of support,etc.. Hope this makes sense!
Thanks=)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2008, 12:33 PM
always by his side...

First off, I have heard of them reviewing them for parole while they are still in county. Some have been reviewed in just few months after being sent to TDC. And second, I don't know who is telling you that he will be denied because only the voting board members can make that decision. Some have made it the first time around. Keep your hope and faith alive on that one.

Now if I am understanding you correctly, he has 2 charges--sentences to run concurrent- 1 charge he received 5 and the other 2 but for a total of 5. So for the 2 year charge when he comes up for parole, if he is reviewed as soon as you think he will arrive at TDC, that charge will not be considered time served since you say he has to serve the whole 2. Right now he has served only 13 mths of the 5 year sentence. Now since you are saying that he has to serve 2 years flat, then he may only be given a year set off leaving him to serve only a little over 2 years by time his 2nd review comes up which is a good thing. When are they saying his projected release date is? I would think, and this is only my opinion, that he would make it the first time. Good luck.

Last edited by vsbaby; 08-26-2008 at 12:35 PM..
Old 08-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Derricks Babee<3

Are you saying serve a little over two years TOTAL time? Or two years once he gets to TDC? I don't know his p.r.date. I didn't think you got one until you recieved a tDC #. (Example. If he serves 18 months FLAT , meaning 5 more months..and they give him a year set off (b.c he has to serve a min of 2 yrs) he could be out a yr later from when he was review..meaning a total of 30 months ) Does that sound right? But technically that would only be 16 months from NOW.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:44 AM

Thanked 4,963 Times in 2,974 Posts

H_Lashay, from your explanation, I think that you have it down right but I am not sure just how they treat parole review with the two concurrent sentences when one of them causes him to not be elligible for release. Personally, I don't think that it will make any difference later, one way or the other, whether or not they review him on the burglary while he is doing the 2 years for indecency.