Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Missouri Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:56 PM

Default Doing over 80% of his time and no one will help

My husband is in on his 3rd commitment and doing 80% of his time we have calculated that 80% of four years is 1168 days, he has served 938 days and has a credit of 427 days on probation which is a total of 1365 days served. how do you get the doc to recognize that he has done 197 days past his 80%???? Please help me point me in the right direction.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2017, 06:18 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,699 Times in 13,063 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I don't know anything about Missouri prisons, but he should file a written inmate grievance on his end. The problem could be a disagreement over credit for his time on probation, in many systems time out of custody doesn't count.

You can try the "contact us" link on the Modoc web page.
http://doc.mo.gov/
Old 03-09-2017, 07:22 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,881 Times in 16,526 Posts

I'm not familiar with Missouri either, but are you sure he was given credit for his street time while on probation? Probation is usually day for day with no "credit" for that street time if revoked.

If it is written into his sentencing papers, he needs to first speak with his Counselor. If it isn't written in his sentencing papers, he wasn't given street credit.

EDIT: I found the following:

Quote:
The court may mitigate any sentence of imprisonment by reducing the prison or jail term by all or part of the time the defendant was on probation.
http://www.moga.mo.gov/mostatutes/st...900000361.html

Read his sentencing papers to see how much credit, if any, he was given by the court....Good luck! I hope he is Home soon!!

Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

Last edited by patchouli; 03-09-2017 at 07:34 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
xolady (11-07-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 08:00 AM

Thanked 11,101 Times in 6,007 Posts

In most jurisdictions, the ONLY credit you MIGHT be entitled to for time on probation is actual time in custody. Otherwise, when you screw it up, it is just as if you were on the streets on bond. There HAS to be incentive to actually do what is expected, and not being credited with time in the community is one of those incentives to do right...
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
xolady (11-07-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 09:46 PM

im in missouri. PO time does count as time served regardless of violations and going back to DOC. I would personally call central office as well as the court where he was sentenced at! Dont take NO for an answer, talk to someone that will listen....if you are a push over....they will walk all over you and you wont ever get any help! ive dealt with them A TON! Good luck chick! Stay strong!!

The Following User Says Thank You to MrsZ-Unit For This Useful Post:
xolady (11-07-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 07:08 AM

Thanked 11,101 Times in 6,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsZ-Unit View Post
im in missouri. PO time does count as time served regardless of violations and going back to DOC. I would personally call central office as well as the court where he was sentenced at! Dont take NO for an answer, talk to someone that will listen....if you are a push over....they will walk all over you and you wont ever get any help! ive dealt with them A TON! Good luck chick! Stay strong!!
According to the statute, not all offenses are eligible for compliance credits. Further, the OP does not demonstrate that the probationer actually earned that number of compliance credits. The statute appears to allow them to accrue at a rate of 30 days to the month PROVIDED there are ZERO violations in a given month. Absconders also do not earn credits, which could well be another variable here...
Old 11-07-2017, 02:08 AM

Days earned towards EOS while you are on supervision AKA 30 for 30 in Missouri are lost when supervision is terminated or revoked for conduct that warrants being transferred to the department of corrections. The only time applied to the front end or back of a sentence at that point is time actually spent in detention in a county or state facility. Unfortunately he is a 3rd time offender which mandates he do a minimum of 50% of his required sentence and based on conduct records and disciplinary violations, that date can be moved all the way to a CR date or extended all the way to the maximum date. The board of probation and parole can literally make you do as little or as much time as they want.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlassCity1982 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (11-07-2017), xolady (11-07-2017)