Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VERMONT Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

VERMONT Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Vermont - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, Prison Visitation, mail, etc.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:30 PM

Angry Are you kidding me?

So I was having a fantastic visit with my king. He had one of those rubber bracelets on, and as a way to play around with him without actually touching (because its no contact rules) i kept snapping it on his wrist. Well after about the third time he took it off and was rolling it around the table as we were talking. I picked it up put it on and he started snapping me with it so yes i took it off.(that shit hurt lol) Anyway when i took it off he put it back on and the guard hollers to him to approach there little alter. so my man goes up the guard asks for the bracelet. He gives it to him nothing else was said. After i get home my man calls me and tells me the cop is trying to give him a major D.R. the hearing is in a week or so. Well long story short it gets drop to a minor and we loose our visits for 30 days. Ok i dont like it but i can live with that. We should of been back visiting on the 7th of August but but 2 days before i was due to go back and see him he gets paper work from the chief of security saying due to his disruptive behavior that jeopardized his safety childrens safety and the safety of other staff he was loosing all regular visiting privaliges. When my man asked for how long the guy said for as long as im chief of staff here. Are u kidding me over a rubber bracelet? So i called the superintendent only to find out this chief of security took like 20 other peoples visits that same day. Hopefully things will get turned around next week. But my god is this normal for D.O.C.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2010, 05:43 PM

I would talk to a ombudsman in your area I don't think they can get away with it
Old 08-11-2010, 06:19 PM

Thank you i have no idea where to turn
Old 08-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,376 Times in 3,116 Posts

Hi Rahelsgirl, I'm sorry this happened to you, it doesn't sound right! Inmate Family-member, loved-one connections are extremely important!
Here is a link that may help you in your search for an ombudsman: http://www.locate-a-mediator.com/VermontMediators.html.
I hope that helps!
Old 08-13-2010, 04:07 PM

well thank you for the link but after going threw all of them and many many online searches it appears vt has nothing. Any other ideas
Old 08-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,376 Times in 3,116 Posts

A polite letter to the warden, maybe assistant warden? If you describe it like you did in the thread here, it might help them understand. I just hate seeing inmate family-members and loved-ones cut off from communication and visits. You wouldn't believe some of the hardships I've heard about around the country. Vermont seems relatively quiet. Because of that, a letter of concern may help. At least it would bring it to his/her attention. I know of inmate-families here in NH that have done that with excellent results. But no guarantees, ok? It's the only thing I can think of that may help. You might want to call around a little more (maybe some attorneys) and find someone who does ombudsman mediation work in Vermont.
I hope that helps!
Old 09-11-2010, 12:42 PM

Just an update after a lot of calls and letters, we finally got our visits back!!!!! I will once again be with him on 9-18-10. Im so excited!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Rahelsgirl For This Useful Post:
Cactus (09-11-2010)