Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > UTAH Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

UTAH Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Utah - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, Visitation, Mail ,News & Information, etc.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Lynny

Default New in utah

Hi,

My husband is incarcerated in Illinois and I'm in Utah going to school. I hope to get him transferred here on a compassionate transfer. We'll see--Even though Illinois has a contract with Utah, their response was "Don't hold your breath." But I'm trying to believe in miracles--and we are about due for one, I tell you. Can anyone share anything about this transfer process with me?

Are there any in-person support or advocacy groups in Provo or Salt Lake area? I was in a prison advocacy/reform group in Illinois and made some good friends--we had that element of prison in common

Also, I'm writing a paper for a class relating to prison and family life--family's experience, inmate's experience ether while he/she is there or coming home and the adjustment process. The effect prison has on the inmate and family. Personal thoughts/experiences would add a lot--instead of just info from books. If anyone would be interested in sharing, I would love to talk. It could be anonymous input if you desire. And I can share my story with you too--if you are interested

Thanks, Lyn
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2014, 06:36 PM
Lynny

Default fam and friends orientation

I just read about a family and friends orientation. Is anyone going from Provo or surrounding area this 1st Tuesday in May?
Old 06-10-2014, 08:28 PM

Default Support Groups

Hi Lynny and welcome to Utah.

I am the founder of UTAH PRISON SUPPORT GROUP based in Gunnison. We are working hard to change the sentencing here in Utah.

We are also available to help loved ones get through the maze of UDC....many times things are not told to the families and we learned the hard way.

We can be reached at 801-396-0041.

There is also a group UPAN, that holds monthly meetings in the Salt Lake area. I can get you in contact with them also.

Again, welcome.

Visit my blog at: http://www.utbopjustice.blogspot.com/
Old 03-09-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynny View Post
Hi,

My husband is incarcerated in Illinois and I'm in Utah going to school. I hope to get him transferred here on a compassionate transfer. We'll see--Even though Illinois has a contract with Utah, their response was "Don't hold your breath." But I'm trying to believe in miracles--and we are about due for one, I tell you. Can anyone share anything about this transfer process with me?

Are there any in-person support or advocacy groups in Provo or Salt Lake area? I was in a prison advocacy/reform group in Illinois and made some good friends--we had that element of prison in common

Also, I'm writing a paper for a class relating to prison and family life--family's experience, inmate's experience ether while he/she is there or coming home and the adjustment process. The effect prison has on the inmate and family. Personal thoughts/experiences would add a lot--instead of just info from books. If anyone would be interested in sharing, I would love to talk. It could be anonymous input if you desire. And I can share my story with you too--if you are interested

Thanks, Lyn
Hello, just curious if you have started your compassionate transfer request? if so, how's it going?