Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > HAWAII Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

HAWAII Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Hawaii - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, etc.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:14 AM

Question What is Rule 35?

My husband was sentenced to 240 days straight time. How long does he need to serve before he can get reconsideration? I got conflicting information, was told he had to serve 1/3 of his sentence, than they said 1/2 of sentence, lawyer said he has to serve 180 days cause that is what he agreed to in his plea. He was even trying to get house arrest, but they keep telling me he can't get that. I keep hitting stone walls in my efforts to get my husband out.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2015, 07:09 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 26,572 Times in 12,453 Posts

Here is Rule 35 of HAWAIʻI RULES OF PENAL PROCEDURE:

Quote:
Rule 35. CORRECTION OR REDUCTION OF SENTENCE. (a) Correction of Illegal Sentence. The court may correct an illegal sentence at any time and may correct a sentence imposed in an illegal manner within the time provided herein for the reduction of sentence. A motion made by a defendant to correct an illegal sentence more than 90 days after the sentence is imposed shall be made pursuant to Rule 40 of these rules. A motion to correct a sentence that is made within the 90 day time period shall empower the court to act on such motion even though the time period has expired.
(b) Reduction of Sentence. The court may reduce a sentence within 90 days after the sentence is imposed, or within 90 days after receipt by the court of a mandate issued upon affirmance of the judgment or dismissal of the appeal, or within 90 days after entry of any order or judgment of the Supreme Court of the United States denying review of, or having the effect of upholding the judgment of conviction. A motion to reduce a sentence that is made within the time prior shall empower the court to act on such motion even though the time period has expired. The filing of a notice of appeal shall not deprive the court of jurisdiction to entertain a timely motion to reduce a sentence.
(Amended October 15, 1980, effective October 15, 1980; further amended April 25, 2003, effective July 1, 2003.)
http://www.courts.state.hi.us/docs/c...rules/hrpp.htm

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is what you're actually needing

Last edited by patchouli; 05-12-2015 at 07:14 AM..