Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > UTAH Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

UTAH Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Utah - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, Visitation, Mail ,News & Information, etc.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:52 AM

Default Daily Schedule while in R&O

My Husband is at the Utah State Prison, and he's still in R&O Does anyone know how long inmates are generally in R&O? Are they allowed visitation during this time? And does anyone also know what their daily schedule is like? I know that they are on 23 hour a day lock down, and that they are out of their cells for only one hour a day. I'm just wondering if anyone knows when this hour is? Is it at the same time everyday?
I am trying to get into some sort of routine... I want to make sure that I available to talk or not busy (and somewhere I will have service (where I live I hardly have ANY cell reception in my house) when my husband calls me.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!:hmm
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2015, 12:20 PM

This is an old thread, but my pen pal (a female) is in R&O. I assume the format is similar for the men. Womens' R&O is in the Star 3 building of the Timpanogos Unit which is their maximum security. She tells me she is fed breakfast at 6 AM, lunch at 10 AM, and dinner at 3 PM. She pretty much goes back to sleep after she eats her breakfast until her lunch arrives, then she's up all day alone in her cell. She's only allowed out of her cell for an hour 3 days a week. That hour isn't the same every day but it's typically somewhere between lunch and dinner. During that hour she can work out, shower, go outside, or try to make phone calls. She does not get visits until she's moved to general population. She has mentioned that she spends part of the rest of her day "talking to people in her section of the prison" but I'm not sure what that means (people in adjacent cells, or she's mingling with other people during her "out" times, or ??). Other than that, it's pretty much all her, alone in her cell with her thoughts with little interaction. She's expecting to move into general population in another week, so if that happens it would be about 10 weeks that she was in R&O.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:51 PM

Hi, I was in r/o in 4/2010 when I was there I could not call anyone. I had 1 envelope per week for mail. It took me approx. 2 weeks before I was moved to the next unit which as I remember was Uintah 3. I was there for about 30 days. Hope this helps.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:06 PM

sorry had to run someone at door... anyway I then was able to make calls provided there was money on my phone acct and my number I was calling had been approved. I was then allowed out 2 hours per day and the time depended on which group of cells you are in and the rotation of said cells. I was moved again to a west (which was the worst place I was at during my 5 years in) and was there for 30 days before they moved me to Gunnison. In a west they again are on 23 hour lockdown but have access to phones during rec. time. Once I was in Gunnison I was considered in general population and the "routine" took hold. If he is a good inmate he should be able to have a menial job in 2-6 months and in the same time frame work his way up from a 5:00pm lock down time to 10pm. If he isn't he could be locked down as early as after breakfast {6am) to 9am to11:30am to 4;pm. I hope this helps you during this most trying time in both your and his life... If you need more info please contact me I will check back every so often