Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > UTAH Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

UTAH Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Utah - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, Visitation, Mail ,News & Information, etc.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:05 AM
My ❤ is in Cali Moderator

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 

Unhappy Authorities Investigate Death of Inmate At Box Elder Co Jail

BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah — Authorities are investigating the death of a man booked into the Box Elder County Jail over the weekend.

Rex Iverson was found dead in his cell after being booked on an outstanding warrant from the Tremonton City Justice Court Saturday afternoon.

At about noon, Iverson was arrested in Bear River City and taken to the Box Elder County Jail where he was processed through pre-booking and placed in a holding cell, according to a press release from Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office.

Continued at link: http://fox13now.com/2016/01/24/autho...r-county-jail/
CDCr kicked him out of the SHU, YAY!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2016, 11:23 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 5,201 Times in 2,360 Posts

Condolences to the family and friends of the deceased.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 02-22-2016, 12:14 PM
My ❤ is in Cali Moderator

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 

Default Utah Man Dies In Police Custody After Being Jailed for $2400 Unpaid Medical

Utah Man Dies In Police Custody After Being Jailed for $2400 Unpaid Medical Bills

Rex Iverson was put in the Box Elder County Jail when he didn’t pay an ambulance bill. The next day, he was dead.

Iverson didn’t have the money to pay bail much less the $2,376.92 bill to the Tremonton City Ambulance service. There was an attempt to to garnish his wages, “but he didn’t have a job, that we knew of,” City treasurer Sharri Oyler explained.

“We go to great lengths to never arrest anybody on these warrants,” Elder County Chief Deputy Sheriff Dale Ward told the Ogden Standard-Examiner. “The reason we do that is we don’t want to run a debtors’ prison. There is no reason for someone to be rotting in jail on a bad debt.”

Continued at: http://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/utah...-medical-bill/

Absolute shame, thoughts and prayers for peace for his loved ones.
CDCr kicked him out of the SHU, YAY!!!