Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MONTANA > Montana Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Montana Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Montana prisons.

Old 05-24-2006, 03:30 PM

Default Need MASC program information, please help

My fiancee was sentanced to 13 years with 9 suspended to the Montana DOC. He took the plea bargain that was offered to him and was promised that he would go right into a pre-release center. Well, he has spent the last 2 months in jail and a couple nights ago was sent to the MASC program in Missoula Montana. Does anyone have any information about the MASC program such as how long it takes, what they do there, etc.? I would appriciate any information. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2006, 04:12 PM

Sorry, I don't know about that program but I'm sure someone in the Montana forum will know. Welcome to PTO.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedHelp2006 View Post
My fiancee was sentanced to 13 years with 9 suspended to the Montana DOC. He took the plea bargain that was offered to him and was promised that he would go right into a pre-release center. Well, he has spent the last 2 months in jail and a couple nights ago was sent to the MASC program in Missoula Montana. Does anyone have any information about the MASC program such as how long it takes, what they do there, etc.? I would appriciate any information. Thanks.
My husband has also been sent to masc as of today my understanding of the program is that the inmate is sent there for evaluation to figure out whether or not to be released or sent to msp, porole, another program or to wait out there sentences. There address is 2340 Mullan Rd. missoula, mt. there phone number is 406-258-4000. You can also set up an account through AGM telecom to recieve phone calls from him even on a cell phone. There phone number is 800-398-0113. My husband also came from yellowstone co. jail If you have any other questions i will try to answer them for you or find someone who can. Hope this is helpful.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:18 PM

Default husband in somewhat same situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedHelp2006 View Post
my husband is waiting in jail to go to masc. went to court got 5 years giving back. probation violation. Went to court they told him he has to go to masc probably for 2-4 months while they wait to make their decision. even though they told him no prison and will get connections then pre-release the final say is through what the people in masc decide. They have to be interviewed and make sure where they will send them. Then they have to wait for beds available. Thats the only info I got.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:12 AM

Firstly, check your state DOC and MASC. Google it. I have found that it is a screening program so the inmates are diverted from the prison if they qualify. It can take up to 3 months, although hopefully less. Being held in the detention center is no fun but probably better than the state pen. Masc claims to have 77% of inmates sent to other institutions as opposed to the pen. My son is awaiting his interview and screening also. Once they are turned over to the DOC they should be sent to another facility near by, (MASC) Montana assestment and sanction Center. It has 144 beds and is the same address as the detention center on Mullan road. Depending on how crowded they are, hopefully they won't have to wait too long. The committee is small however a panel of people (professionals) who hopefully will divert from the MSP. Keep the faith and hope that MASC can find them an in treatment center even if in lock down because that is what they are going to get anyway but at least it's treatment not more punishment. They can be sent anywhere from Nexus to around to the state and the sooner the better. Other than that, I'm still learning also. Good luck.