Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > UTAH > Utah Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Utah Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Utah prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 04-18-2016, 01:02 AM

Exclamation How do i get my number approved? The phone is in my Mom's name.

My fiancé just got placed at the draper prison about a month ago, we have been writing back and forth but I want to hear his voice he told me I need to send him my phone bill with the name of the company my name and my phone number, but my name is not on the bill, Im on my moms phone plan. what do a do?!! we are wanting to get married while he is in there but its really hard to communicate threw one letter a week. someone help me!!!!! im new at this this is the first time hes been in trouble. idk how to go about ANYTHING!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2016, 08:28 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 15,395 Times in 9,364 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. It will depend on the phone rules at that prison. I'm sure similar issues come up regularly, so he needs to find out from his counselor what needs to be submitted before he can call your Mom's phone number. Maybe Mom needs to include a letter authorizing inmate calls to her phone? Whatever they require for approval is what you will have to send.

There may already be answers posted in the PTO UT Prison forums
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=169

or in the UT prisons FAQ for families.
http://corrections.utah.gov/index.ph...048&Itemid=164
Old 04-18-2016, 09:28 PM

well I want him to call my phone but my name is not one the contract. so will he have to call my moms phone for us to be able to talk? or is there another way that I could get my number approved so he can call mine?
Old 04-19-2016, 08:29 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 15,395 Times in 9,364 Posts

It will be up to the rules at Draper, or Utah DOC, so they will have to tell you what is necessary. Maybe whoever is listed on the phone contract can be approved as a call recipient too?

I hope there is a relatively easy way for you to receive his phone calls, maybe even at both your house, and your Mom's.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:20 PM

I have no idea how Utah would interpret the bill, but you might want to try getting your name added to the billing statement. I suspect that what they are after is to know for sure who a phone is associated with and where they might find that person.

I have a "family plan" that at one time had myself, my wife, my dad, my son and daughter on it. At first, all the phones were in my name alone. My name would appear on the caller ID.

But then I learned how to get each person identified. So now the caller ID has the name of the person who uses the phone. The phone bill lists the names of each person. The "Billing Address" still has my name, but everyone else's name is there too. This also provided each person with the ability to make any changes to their portion of the account.

Perhaps that would be enough for Utah.

R. Mc.
The Following User Says Thank You to rmc50 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-20-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 01:54 PM

Utah seems to be pretty reasonable when it comes to these things. My bill is in my company's name because my employer pays for my cell phone, but someone who works for the prison told me to just attach my business card showing that as my cell phone number and it would be fine. I think maybe if the last name and address match up it just might go through ok.