Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oregon that do not fit into any other Oregon sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:09 AM

Default Access Corrections Kiosk

Hello,

I have a friend that is in Eastern Oregon Correctional Institute and I know they have been having some issues out of the kiosk's but the past few weeks is the longest he has ever went without responding to an e-mail. I did not know if anyone else had this problem or has your loved one mentioned the kiosk to you? Plus is access corrections the easiest way of communication there.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2015, 06:14 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,329 Times in 2,253 Posts

The kiosks have been dicey for a while now. They got fixed for a little bit, then quit working, then got fixed etc. You might want to try replying by snail mail and asking if they're working again.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:35 PM
My ❤ is in Cali Moderator

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammaseeta View Post
Greetings! I just wanted to pop into the Oregon thread. Babe is still at Kern Valley State Prison in California...
Mammaseeta, my guy recently was transferred to KVSP. Long drive!
CDCr kicked him out of the SHU, YAY!!!
Old 10-12-2015, 06:15 PM

Hello my name is Nicole and my husband is at warner creek,we have been together 18 years and have 7 children. Also looking to rideshare if anybody will be going that way to visit
Old 10-13-2015, 07:07 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Welcome Shygirl4joker13. I hope you find what you need here. Not too many folks with loved ones at Warner Creek simply due to the numbers. Feel free to poke around and ask whatever questions you may have.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:02 PM

Where are you located ? My husband is currently at coffee creek awaiting transfer as well. I'm in jackson county
Old 10-13-2015, 07:03 PM

Thank you so much
Old 12-15-2015, 02:14 AM

Hello my name is Gess, MWI, my man is in Tillamook at South Fork Forest Camp.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:47 PM

I'm not new to this website, I've been around for a year or so mostly in the California forums.... However, my boyfriend just got sentenced to 44 months yesterday, and will be sent upstate (here in Oregon) probably within the next week, so you guys will be seeing me around here a lot more often
The Following User Says Thank You to suziexo_ For This Useful Post:
GingerM (07-20-2016)
Old 11-06-2017, 05:34 PM

wow the last post here was 7-2016?
I'm just passing by and hoping hoping hoping that's all it is.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:46 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,548 Times in 13,762 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSimpson View Post
wow the last post here was 7-2016?
I'm just passing by and hoping hoping hoping that's all it is.
Hello and welcome Just wanted to say hi so you know you're not alone The Oregon Moderator (Site Mod GingerM) is great at answering questions and keeping the forum tidy. I suppose not all Oregon members post in this thread....but there are much more current threads in the Oregon forum.

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
MrSimpson (11-06-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO! Not everyone introduces themselves, so the thread can fall a little behind. I'm here every day though, so if you have questions, feel free to post a new thread! I work long hours in the daytime, so I might not get back to you right away, but I usually reply in under 24 hours!
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
patchouli (11-06-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 10:04 PM

Default New to PTO and prison thing

Hi, I am new to PTO and the whole prison system. My S/O was sentenced to 6 years in prison this past summer. He had never even had a speeding ticket in his life and he served in the USCG for 30 years before he retired. I've had my share of speeding tix, but that's as far as my own record goes.

He deserved the sentence he got, and there is no illusion of us getting back together when he gets out, but I'm also the only real support he has. What little family he has, is still in shock about the whole thing, and I don't know if they have written to him or not.

Last I heard from him a little over a month ago, he was basically doomed to spend all his time in his cell, for fear of violence/beating from white gangs. From what I've read here, the other inmates are going to find out what you did to get sent to prison one way or another. He sexually abused our daughter, and she finally came forward. No rape, but bad enough. He said he does go to church services, and that's his real only social time. No yard time, etc.

I am worried not hearing from him. I wonder if he HAS been hurt or beaten. I didn't really know what to write him, and figuring he was confined to his cell, I wrote about current events in the news, etc. I offered to get him magazine subscriptions, etc. He also has enough money to get a tv if he wants.

I want to know what is safe to tell him in letters - like not becoming a slave or "paying" for safety or whatever. What do I tell him to do his best to survive his time? How can I find out if he's ok? (Like, if he is in the infirmary? ). We are both very "green" and probably ridiculously naive when it comes to prison life. He will be about 70 years old when he gets out.

Thank you for any help or direction of which forums to check out, etc.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:36 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO, PoppySeed. I'm very sorry to hear you find yourself in this situation. From the "been there, done that" department, it's not an easy road to go down. The emotional turmoil is horrible, the system seems overwhelming at first.

A couple of suggestions:

1. Find the "Loving a Sex Offender" forum here and start reading and asking questions. I can answer your Oregon questions, but that forum has many people willing and able to offer support for the emotional side, which is far worse than the bureaucratic boondoggle.

2. Read this thread for navigating the bureaucracy here in Oregon: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=624041

3. My Dad was in a similar position to your husband, excepting that he was 72 when he entered prison, and on blood thinners. He died of lung cancer in prison. He never had a problem (aside from verbal snittiness) with other inmates. The biggest key is to try to remain invisible until he understands the rules, both the written and unwritten ones, and the politics, again, both institutional and the population's politics. No gangs, no drugs, no gambling. Eyes and ears open, mouth shut. Once he figures out how different it is (my Dad said it was like moving to a foreign country for how severe the culture shock was), then he can start figuring out who to make friends with and who to avoid. I also strongly urge you to read this thread: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=592193

Pass on that information to him, and he should be fine. I've only heard of a couple of sex offenders in Oregon prisons getting severely injured by other inmates, and they weren't practicing the "stay invisible" rule by any stretch.

Feel free to post as many questions as you have, and have a look around the rest of the site. There is a lot of support here and a lot of good people willing to help you to the best of their ability.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
PoppySeed (11-19-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 10:28 PM

Thank you, Ginger. Funny, some of that advice is the same as boot camp! Be invisible, eyes and ears open, MOUTH SHUT! Hopefully he'll remember that.

Yeah, G is also on blood thinners. But of course, the bastard lost 40 lbs just awaiting trial (plea). I guess no half-rack of beer a day will do that to you!

As much as I believe he deserves the sentence he got, I certainly don't want any physical harm to come to him. I have to remind myself that he's a grown man and he'll survive. But, still I worry! We were together for 17 years, and it abruptly came to a halt. (The "anniversary" just passed.) Learning how to live as a single mom and ALL the house responsibilities, etc., has been almost overwhelming, were it not for my "village" stepping in when absolutely needed.

Anyway, I'm going to send a link to PTO to his other daughter, son and sister, so they can also get any of their questions asked, etc.

Thanks again for your advice!

~PoppySeed
The Following User Says Thank You to PoppySeed For This Useful Post:
GingerM (11-20-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 04:36 AM

First, he can not answer if there are not enough credits on YOUR account, so you pay for both of you communicating. The other, also very popular way is to use gettingout.com that is also run by Telmate. On this platform, you can send short messages (500 char. max), upload and see pictures, deposit money and have video visits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal7 View Post
Hello,

I have a friend that is in Eastern Oregon Correctional Institute and I know they have been having some issues out of the kiosk's but the past few weeks is the longest he has ever went without responding to an e-mail. I did not know if anyone else had this problem or has your loved one mentioned the kiosk to you? Plus is access corrections the easiest way of communication there.

Thanks!