Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW MEXICO Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

NEW MEXICO Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of New Mexico Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, Visitation & Phones, mail and more

Old 03-09-2016, 10:16 PM

Question PO made mistake on discharge date

i transfered to denver from new mexico and i was on probation and parole. I finished both to my knowledge but i never got my certificates. 4 1/2 months later the police show up and say i need to contact nm so my po out there sais oops i made a mistake on the dates so u have to go back on probation. Can anyone give me any kind of info on the legalities thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2016, 05:42 AM
Former NM PPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrad7 View Post
i transfered to denver from new mexico and i was on probation and parole. I finished both to my knowledge but i never got my certificates. 4 1/2 months later the police show up and say i need to contact nm so my po out there sais oops i made a mistake on the dates so u have to go back on probation. Can anyone give me any kind of info on the legalities thanks so much!
Not trying to be a jerk, but you should heck the court website to check that your J&S was filed. You should've signed it and at that point you should've known. When PPO'S initiate a transfer through ICOTS, all that stuff has to be sent to the receiving state, so Colorado should've had it as well.

If you had time to do, I don't believe you have any recourse since it's what the courts and supervising authorities have determined you owe.
Old 07-17-2016, 08:56 PM

Thanked 8,886 Times in 5,127 Posts

Erroneous releases occur on a far more regular basis than most people know. There is a whole body of caselaw that exists in that arena. However, that body of caselaw does NOT say that you get a walk just because somebody goofed. If you still owe time, you still owe time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
Citalyn (07-20-2016), Texasflower08 (09-22-2016)